bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character  (Read 5360 times)

brandon h

Character
« on: December 17, 2007, 10:01:33 PM »

It's been a few weeks since I've shared with you. This is what God has shared with me. The Christ in us judges us,correct? He let's us see our shortfalls through the spirit. I believe in the Father's rest. The sabbath every day is possible. Yet, to get there, we must be purged through. Meaning in order to experiance peace through tribulation He makes us endure tribulation. Does the Father fear? Does he worry? Get anxiety?
Christ did not sweat drops of blood for no reason other than his own stress. The Father made him endure those exremely high levels of anxiety for his vast company of sons and daughters as well as creation. So I guess my question for us all is-when we go from tribulation to tribulation, is that all we see? Or do we know we are also going from glory to glory? As grevious are the things which we go through, can we remeber are elder brother who, was humiliated more than anyone whose ever walked this earth, and who experianced such things as to make him literally sweat blood? I don't always remember. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I do know this-He who began a good work in us is sure to finish it. So let us remember that when we are introduced to stressful scenarios, grevious times, we will be partaking in more character that is our Father. To put it in simplest terms-Rest.All is well

God Bless

gmik

Re: Character
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:32:40 PM »

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH........very nice... :)

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:14:20 PM »

What a timely post....it reminded me of

For in this we groan [2 Cor.5:2]. The body, in time, here on earth, is our present house of sorrow. Here, while theinner man is renewed day by day, the outer man perishes [2 Cor.4:16].

Tears become our food here by day and by night [Ps.42:3], yet they are
all, each one, recorded in His book [Ps.56:8].

There are no wasted sufferings in the economy of God. Sorrows for a season effect eternal comforts for suffering saints. In faithfulness You have afflicted me [Ps.119:75]. Can we really say it's so? It was good for me that I was afflicted [Ps.119:71]. Is this your testimony?

When standing on eternal shores, it certainly will be. When seen from the standpoint of an All-Wise Sovereign, you will say so. If our trust in His kindly wisdom , we would say so now.

Should we for a moment be granted all-knowledge with all wisdom to discern, along with all-power to effect any change that wisdom perceived, we should choose for ourselves precisely the circumstance that we find ourselves in at the moment. We would realize that these very afflictions are the best possible situation for our eternal well-being.

This is what God, the All-Wise, the All-Powerful, has done. No better situation than your present sorrow could possibly beimagined in the process of securing conformity to the likeness of Christ. It is true. And, After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you [I Pet.5:10].

He is yet on the throne, a throne from which He makes all things new [Rev.21:5]. All things new; the process begins now, in the heart, in the renewal of the inner man day by day.

Through the dreaded and seeming unrelenting afflictions of life, the Lord’s design is to remake all things; and He begins with our hearts. The outward, the physical, the temporal will follow in due course. That portion of external discomforts and sorrows removed will only fully be realized in the coming final Day.

It is only then that every tear will be wiped away. Some may
be wiped dry here, but many will yet stain our cheeks. Only in that
place will there be no death, mourning, or pain [Rev.21:4].

These are the first things which necessarily afflict before being banished.
Pain precedes pleasure. Rejoicing follows mourning. Death snatches its victim ere God raises His victor.

Yes, sorrows abide for a season below, but the Word is sure, faithful, and true: It is done!  [Rev.21:5,6]

Beloved

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:02:46 AM »

Hi Brandon h,

Thanks for sharing.  That was a good reminder.

To put it in simplest terms-Rest.All is well

I liked how you put all that together, Beloved.

He is yet on the throne, a throne from which He makes all things new [Rev.21:5]. All things new; the process begins now, in the heart, in the renewal of the inner man day by day.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 03:43:57 PM »

Hello brandon h

A few, not all, the Scriptures posted by Beloved also came to my mind too. Here is the one that first presented itself to me as I read your post.

Ecc 11 : 4 He who observes the wind and waits for all conditions to be favorable, will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap.

He is making our eyes close to carnality and open to His Spirit that is exceedingly able!

2 Cor 9 : 8 And God is able to make all grace come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self sufficient possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

brandon h

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 01:07:59 AM »

What a timely post....it reminded me of

For in this we groan [2 Cor.5:2]. The body, in time, here on earth, is our present house of sorrow. Here, while theinner man is renewed day by day, the outer man perishes [2 Cor.4:16].

Tears become our food here by day and by night [Ps.42:3], yet they are
all, each one, recorded in His book [Ps.56:8].

There are no wasted sufferings in the economy of God. Sorrows for a season effect eternal comforts for suffering saints. In faithfulness You have afflicted me [Ps.119:75]. Can we really say it's so? It was good for me that I was afflicted [Ps.119:71]. Is this your testimony?

When standing on eternal shores, it certainly will be. When seen from the standpoint of an All-Wise Sovereign, you will say so. If our trust in His kindly wisdom , we would say so now.

Should we for a moment be granted all-knowledge with all wisdom to discern, along with all-power to effect any change that wisdom perceived, we should choose for ourselves precisely the circumstance that we find ourselves in at the moment. We would realize that these very afflictions are the best possible situation for our eternal well-being.

This is what God, the All-Wise, the All-Powerful, has done. No better situation than your present sorrow could possibly beimagined in the process of securing conformity to the likeness of Christ. It is true. And, After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you [I Pet.5:10].

Through the dreaded and seeming unrelenting afflictions of life, the Lord’s design is to remake all things; and He begins with our hearts. The outward, the physical, the temporal will follow in due course. That portion of external discomforts and sorrows removed will only fully be realized in the coming final Day.

It is only then that every tear will be wiped away. Some may
be wiped dry here, but many will yet stain our cheeks. Only in that
place will there be no death, mourning, or pain [Rev.21:4].

These are the first things which necessarily afflict before being banished.
Pain precedes pleasure. Rejoicing follows mourning. Death snatches its victim ere God raises His victor.

Yes, sorrows abide for a season below, but the Word is sure, faithful, and true: It is done!  [Rev.21:5,6]

Beloved

Great scriptures to go along with, Beloved. I don't know if you call it testimony- I'm still in it. We all are in our own ways I suppose.

God Bless You All

dautyz

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 12:41:32 AM »

Hi Brandon H,

Good words to live by.  When you enter his rest while going through trails and tribulations you really do have peace in spirit, soul and body.

yours,
Dautyz

ciy

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 12:32:56 AM »

Good post Brandon.  This is one of the things we need to be encouraged in constantly.  Thanks

CIY

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 04:39:44 PM »

Yes, These are not the kind of pains that a TYLENOL will heal either! ::)  These pains that we are suffering now will bear good fruits for us for our eternal home.  On the other side of the coin, however, I think that there are many of those in the world whom are being tested and who are going through these growing pangs and yet they are failing the tests and so they try to comfort themselves by getting onto drugs and alcohol (to cover their pain) b/c they cannot understand or see the truths behind their trials and their sufferings,,, 8)  They thinnk that God is cruel and they are blinded of the truth.   8)   

brandon h

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 01:13:41 AM »

Yes, These are not the kind of pains that a TYLENOL will heal either! ::)  These pains that we are suffering now will bear good fruits for us for our eternal home.  On the other side of the coin, however, I think that there are many of those in the world whom are being tested and who are going through these growing pangs and yet they are failing the tests and so they try to comfort themselves by getting onto drugs and alcohol (to cover their pain) b/c they cannot understand or see the truths behind their trials and their sufferings,,, 8)  They thinnk that God is cruel and they are blinded of the truth.   8)   

It is very human of us to want to respond with "God, why me" attitude. Ray said it very well in one of his papers on this subject when he said something along the lines of "This is how we are made into his image-through trials. Too bad we don't appreciate them."
Stress and anxiety is such a common battle we all face daily. My whole point in posting this is to be transparent enough to say that I do not rest in the Lord enough. I still wake up in the middle of the night wandering how we are going to get through certain situations. I still allow things to overwhelm me. I'm ministering to myself before I am to any of you, but I know it's a common thing among the body. But he will finish his work in us. That I am sure of

God Bless

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 01:25:21 AM »

Thank you Brandon, yes, unfortunately most of us fret over too much when we should be trusting for HIS provisions for us... ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.