bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Kiss Of Death  (Read 5228 times)

hillsbororiver

The Kiss Of Death
« on: December 19, 2007, 10:14:49 PM »

As I was rereading through some of Ray's material I came across this little gem once again and I found it to be a good reminder to be aware and on guard when flattery comes our way, especially in regard to spiritual things but it also holds true in our day to day lives, everyone wants to be appreciated and well thought of but usually if it is sincere and planted in good ground it takes time to grow, appreciation, true friendship even love will not spring up strong and mature overnight. Also true friendship and love is not afraid to speak correction and chastisement (privately first of course) when there are only smooth words and sweet sayings it is a warning flag that something is not quite right, this is not yet a perfect world and we are not yet perfect creatures, we all from time to time need guidence and correction.

Psa 5:9  For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulcher; they flatter with their tongue.

Psa 12:2  They speak vanity every one with his neighbor: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.

Luk 6:26  Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

1Th 2:5  For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloak of covetousness; God is witness:

2Ti 3:16  All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Always remember;

Isa 8:20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

1Ti 1:4  Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

"THE KISS OF DEATH"

[Is your love pure or fake?]

I hear a lot of "huggie huggie kissie kissie" pious platitudes from the mouths of today’s religious hobbyists. Personally, it makes me a little ill in my midsection. Most of it is as phony as a three-dollar bill. Could you be guilty of using this emotional charade to deceive those you wish to impress?

There is nothing wrong with hugs, as I am quite fond of them myself. And there is nothing wrong with proper kissing. Paul instructs the assemblies to greet each with "an holy kiss" four times, and Peter instructs its use once, as a "kiss of charity."

The Greek word used is "philema." A "holy" kiss is merely a pure, sacred, ceremonial kiss—a simple kiss. Men no longer kiss men as a form of greeting non-family members in most western cultures—I’m personally kinda glad of that!

People also engage in "hugs and kisses" in their speech and writing. And this too can be fine and acceptable depending upon how it is done. At sixty-five, I still put a few xxxx’s and oooo’s at the bottom of a birthday card to my wife.

However, there is another way that hugs and kisses are used and overdone in which it is a camouflaged front to mask the real person that is no more holy than was Judas.

Had the twelve other Apostles already received the Holy Spirit of God, they would not have had to ask Jesus "who" is was that was about to betray Him—they would have known. Thank God that it is not possible to "deceive the very elect" (Matt. 24:24).

Like Satan’s ministers of righteousness (II Cor. 11:15), these deceivers are wolves, but they don’t come as wolves. These false teachers and deceivers:

"…come to you in SHEEP’S clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" (Matt. 7:15).

But you could spot one of these "wolves" a mile off, couldn’t you? Just look for the GIANT TEETH that Little Red Riding Hood encountered, right?

"O foolish Galatians, who has bewitched [Gk: ‘to fascinate by false representations] you…" (Gal. 3:1).

The "wolves" COME IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING! You don’t see their teeth. They don’t show their teeth. They only show you a huggie huggie kissie kissie pious religious smile. THAT my friends, that pious front, IS the "sheep’s clothing." Wolves BITE, and their bite can be deadly:

"But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you be not consumed one of another" (Gal. 5:15).

Now then, where are we to find these "wolves and sheep’s clothing" coming with hugs and kisses to deceive and devour? Well, wherever the SHEEP are found.

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous [savage] wolves enter in among YOU, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men [and women] arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them" (Acts 20:29-30).

Didn’t we all witness this ourselves in recent months? Are all the wolves gone now? Of course not—there will always be wolves wherever there are sheep.

I’m warning you: Wolves come in "sheep’s clothing," full of smiles, and hugs, and kisses. You will not see their teeth until it is too late.

Judas was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. The apostles saw a sheep—Jesus saw a wolf. What was Judas’ ultimate sheep’s camouflage? Why, wasn’t it a simple, sincere, pure, godly "kiss?" Think again.

"Now he that betrayed Him give them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, the same is He: hold Him fast. And forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, master; and kissed Him" (Matt. 26:48-49).

You have all seen this drama acted out many times in films—a simple little peck on Jesus’ cheek. Oh really?

The five Scriptures using the word "kiss" from Paul and Peter, always used the Greek word "philema" which means "kiss" and nothing else. In Luke 22:48 we read this:

"But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betray you the Son of man with a kiss [Gk: a simple ‘philema’ kiss]?"

But in Matt. 26:48, we find something totally different. Judas told the elders and chief priest:

"…whomsoever I shall [PHILEO—passionate fondness] kiss, that same is He…"

Judas did not have a "philema" kiss in mind at all. The "kiss" in Matt. 26:48 is a "phileo" kiss, and it means a fond, affectionate, passionate kiss, not a simple "philemo kiss." And the elders and high priest knew the different in these two words. One was a peck on the cheek, but Judas determined to use a more a passionate, huggie huggie kissie kissie display in his attempt to betray Jesus to the devouring and ravaging wolves.

This is really intriguing stuff. Now after Judas tells the priest and elders what kind of a kiss he will give Jesus [a phileo kiss] to betray Jesus, He actually delivers this kiss. And how does he do that? He does it with yet another Greek word for kiss, which is, "kataphileo" mean "to kiss EARNESTLY."

This "kataphileo kiss" is used three other times in Scriptures:

Luke 7:45—"You gave me no kiss [no affectionate ‘phileo’ kiss, Jesus admonishes His disciples] but this woman since the time I came in has not ceased to kiss [‘kataphileo kisses’—earnestly] My feet."

Luke 15:20—"And he [the prodigal son] arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him [earnestly and passionately with a ‘kataphileo kisses’]."

Acts 20:37—"And they all wept sore, and fell on Paul’s neck, and kissed him [with ‘cataphileo kisses’ of great passion and earnest]."

Is it not abundantly clear that this super emotional use of hugs and kisses was used only on the most RARE occasions of deep and profound emotional circumstances? But this is not proper conduct for everyday behavior. See these over-pious charlatans for what they are. Be suspect of those who use super-pious and sanctimonious hugs and kisses every day of the week.

Now to the Judas Kiss of Death:

"And forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, Master; and KISSED HIM."

The Greek is "kisses"—multiple kisses, with ‘kataphilio kisses, just as we find in every single use of this word in Scriptures I showed above.

No, Judas did not betray Jesus with a peck on the cheek; he deceitfully delivered a "huggie huggie kissie kissie, fraudulent hugs and KISSES OF DEATH!

What must we learn from all this? Whenever we pretend to be Christ-like but it’s all a charade, we too are guilty of giving Christ a Judas kiss of death. What a disgusting display of the carnal mind and flesh, Judas has left us. Some have vengeance in their heart, others vanity, others bitterness and hatred, and yet others uncontrollable sins of the flesh, but they try to camouflage their evils with a plethora of hugs and kisses to all.

Don’t be afraid to hug; don’t be afraid to kiss, but beware of such phony displays of pious emotions, as they could be your "KISS OF DEATH."

A spiritual hug to you all, from my heart,

Ray

http://bible-truths.com/kiss.htm

Peace,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

Re: The Kiss Of Death
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:30:21 AM »

I believe flattery whose root is carnality, sensuality and ego bestiality contrasts with encouragement in the Truths which can be shown and expressed by  acknowledgement and appreciation in recognition of those who embrace Christ. Paul many a time expressed such love and camaraderie for the brethren who were embracing the Spirit of Christ.

When I can recognise like mindedness and agreement, appreciation and consideration for the truths revealed via Ray Smith, I feel the joy of fellowship no matter how long the member has been here. Even if a Newbie  in a first post shows the comprehensive insights into the Sovereign ways and purposes of God, I celebrate the unveiling of another brother or sister in the Truths of Christ  who is not against, railing, disagreeing, backbiting, slandering, introducing errors and needs for approval and fellowship in deception. That to me merits the warmth of camaraderie in the unity of like mindedness.

It has been fairly easy to recognise the debating, contending, argumentative holier than thou disagreements with Ray’s teaching that is candy coated with the sickening unconditional love that leans, tempts and entices to flattery and emotionalism which for me exposes the deep rooted spiritually weak heart that when fully matured in weakness embraces idolatry wearing the slick veneer of “unconditional love” that is the venomous bite of the serpent that is actually beckoning  LOVE ME UNCONDITIONALLY OR BE DAMNED.

Love without Truth is whoredom. Love without Gods Wisdom  is an urge of carnality seeking fellowship in the seductions of snake like deception and veiled cunning of evil. 

We do not make our friends. We recognise them.

Matt 10 : 16 Behold, I am sending you out like sheep in the midst of wolves; be wary and wise as serpents ( the snake is not spineless! ) and be innocent, harmless, guileless, and without falsity as doves.

I believe Ray fits the above description.  He has no wish bone ( just read the teaching on How to Pray by Gods rules ) and plenty of back bone as he exposes and refutes those who rebel and crave favour with hypocrisy lies and blasphemous heresies, myths and self deceptions.

Those who are friends to the teachings I embrace here in BT are friends of mine. The bond is as strong or weak as it is encouraged, embraced and prised for its integrity that reveals the Word,  Authority and Sovereignty of God.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:10:51 PM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:50:40 AM »

Hi Arcturus,

You bring up some very valid points and distinctions, especially the difference between flattery and encouragement, I think sometimes those lines get blurred.

Thank you for this pertinent and clarifying post.

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 02:53:52 PM »

Hi Joe

Just some fellowship thoughts here...

You mention "the blurred part." I believe there is also a difference between testing and discerning just as there is between encouragement and flattery

Just as an aside. I find that it is wonderful that there appears to me that there is a fresh new wave of acceptance and harmony towards, not against Rays teaching that appears to be surfacing recently in the Forum.

To return to what you have identified  in the "blurred" part, do you think that the victim falls prey to the snare, enticements and beguiling emotional seductions of the devil feasting on the spiritually weak hearts desire for approval of man because of such a blurred area?  Could this be occasioned by spiritually weak hearts bringing confusion, sentimentality, doubts and all the trauma of guilt and sorrow through simply smoke screening themselves with mirrors and decoys that divert attention towards not knowing if a such a person is deceived or simply outright maturing INTO not AWAY FROM their own spiritual weakness of heart? This is collaborated by Paul having come to the conclusion and decision that authored the statement that he had DETERMINED, not weakly decided, but he DETERMINED NOT TO KNOW ANYONE except Christ among his brethren. Tell me what you believe not what you think or feel. Our work is to believe. Is this too callous? Is this too crude insensitive and unsentimental?

1 Cor 2 : 2 For I have RESOLVED, to know nothing, to be acquainted with NOTHING to make a display of the knowledge of NOTHING, and to be conscious of NOTHING AMONG YOU EXCEPT JESUS CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED.

All the more reason to test the spirits as we are alerted, counseled and advised by our dear Brother Paul :D :) This self testing is not so much aimed towards others as is discernment a necessary function of interaction with mankind,  but towards ourselves is the judgment and self test and so let us be encouraged accordingly!  The teaching by Ray Smith on Repentance is so good an exercise towards this aim for anyone wanting to go deeper.

The test of self is not the function of discernment. Discernment is as easy to evaluate as out of the mouth the heart speaks.

Matt 12 : 34 For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

There are over 2000 pages of Ray's thoughts. He thinks allot about and of God. There is the discernment without judgment. See what I mean? I have to know NOTHING else about Ray Smith.This is not to say I do not desire to learn more of the insights and discernments and teachings that are the fruit of the thoughts and seeking out God that Ray does daily.

I enjoy how this internet Forum screens OUT our personalities and carnal activities that can induce warped views, opinions and perspectives.

James 1 : 14..every person is tempted when he is drawn away, enticed and baited by his own evil desire, lust, passions.

Hence the value of fellowship that is team spirit in the direction of the Mind and Spirit of Christ.

Quote:
   No man is an island unto himself!

Continued peace be to you brother

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 03:19:43 PM by Arcturus »

Phil3:10

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »

Arcturus,
I don't want to offer false flattery but I do find your posts most enlightening. You have a keen discernment and the ability to express your thoughts in such a well thought out way. I so agree that it is just CHRIST and HIM crucified.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:41:50 PM »

You mention "the blurred part." I believe there is also a difference between testing and discerning just as there is between encouragement and flattery

Amen to that Arcturus!

It is the testing that spawns discretion which when nourished with the Living Water grows into discernment.  ;)

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

It is not "just" but EVERTHING that IS Christ and HIM CRUCIFIED and His Father who cherishes HIS Love for us. It is!

1 John 4 :16 And WE KNOW, understand, recognize, are conscious of, by observation and by experience, and believe, adhere to and put faith in and rely on the Love God cherishes for us. God is Love, and he who dwells and continues ( thinks about, ponders, searches His Word, reaches for and admires is thankful to and awefully recognises Gods Supreme Sovereignty....) in Him.

Peace to you bro's :-*

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 03:45:25 PM by Arcturus »

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 02:12:04 PM »

Arcturus,
How true CHRIST is EVERYTHING. In HIM lies complete fullness, in HIM we find both joy and suffering, in HIM, through HIM and by HIM is everything. Only in HIM is there completeness. GOD and CHRIST are one. Oh, that we could learn unconditionally that all is of HIM and given by the FATHER to HIM who is everything.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »

Amen  :)  Phil 3:10. Beautifully articulated.

Peace be to you

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.