bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Sacred Cow Slain?  (Read 8862 times)

hillsbororiver

Another Sacred Cow Slain?
« on: December 20, 2007, 02:52:33 PM »

U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007 

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb

Interesting....

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Another Sacred Cow Slain?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:03:42 PM »

Thats an interesting read Joe!!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

musicman

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:59:46 PM »

I still think that it is reckless to dismiss what we are doing to this planet.  I don't claim to know what our affect actually is.  However, if exhaust emissions and such can have such an impact locally, such as in LA, then I think it will affect the planet.  Oh, and we're continuing to take part in massive deforestation, so our self-sustaining planet will be less able to recyle crap.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 10:52:35 AM »

I don't claim to know what our affect actually is. 

Hi musicman,

You have plenty of company!

My point is not to debate or argue this point because I do not know for sure either, one thing I am sure of though is my instinctive reluctance to conform to conventional "wisdom" and media hype. Check this out;

http://www.businessandmedia.org/specialreports/2006/fireandice/fireandice.asp

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 10:54:29 AM »

Thats an interesting read Joe!!

Thanks Akira!

Peace,

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 09:28:53 PM »

I still think that it is reckless to dismiss what we are doing to this planet.  I don't claim to know what our affect actually is.  However, if exhaust emissions and such can have such an impact locally, such as in LA, then I think it will affect the planet.  Oh, and we're continuing to take part in massive deforestation, so our self-sustaining planet will be less able to recyle crap.

...and I think it's foolish and even gullible, to believe "Al Gorelioni's" lies about "man-made global warming"

Skeptical Scientists Urge World To ‘Have the Courage to Do Nothing’ At UN Conference

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/925

And I applaud them for it. Thank God for {real} Scientists!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:32:10 PM by Sorin »

chav

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 07:32:17 AM »

Hi
As far as the media is concerned man-made global warming is a done deal , and to say otherwise puts you in the same league as those that deny the holocost.
It's the same in schools too. Al Gore's film is played to children in schools here in the UK but no alternative view is being offered at all.
But I recall back in the seventies we were being told we were going to freeze to death in a new ice-age .

http://www.spectator.co.uk/melaniephillips/

What bothers me about the whole issue (apart from the fact that we are all doomed) is the tendency of governments to use the issue of climate change to erode our individual freedoms ,as well as generate vast revenue streams from the various tax scams (sorry I meant schemes) being employed to counter climate change. Here in Britain we are being faced with a barrage of legislation from the EU , some legislators are even proposing the right to access to individual homes in order to enforce compliance to energy saving regulations.

However I guess we cannot sustain the current amount of deforestation and habitat destruction either, it must also be having some kind of global effect as musicman suggests.

Dave

musicman

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »

...and I think it's foolish and even gullible, to believe "Al Gorelioni's" lies about "man-made global warming"

Skeptical Scientists Urge World To ‘Have the Courage to Do Nothing’ At UN Conference

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/925

And I applaud them for it. Thank God for {real} Scientists!

You applaud what?

It almost sounds like:
Isa 30:17
Their strength is to sit still.
Living Bible-Reluctant Dragon
Mofat-Dragon do nothing

Real scientists are rarely 100% certain of anything.
In fact, to speak with such authority on what is real science and what isn't, seems to put you right back in babylon.  TBN would agree with you 100%.

But hey, maybe your right.

Let's just sit around and do nothing and wait to see what happens.  It's all in God's hands anyway.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 11:19:55 AM by musicman »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 07:50:06 PM »

From a very reputable and honost source here is my take on global warming.

The planet is getting warmer. Man kind has contribuated to the global warming.

BUT

How much of that warming is really MAN'S fault?

Man is NOT the major contributing factor for global warming.

WHY?

The biggest evidence is the fact that MARS IS GETTING WARMER AS WELL! THE POLAR ICE CAPS ON MARS ARE MELTING!!!

THEIR ARE NO HUMANS ON MARS!

The sun is at an ALL TIME HIGH for SOLAR FLARES.

Global warming? Yea. It's all our fault? Haha get over yourself! Humans can be so conceided.

God bless,

Alex

dewey

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 08:29:46 PM »

Alex,

Does mankind really think that he has the power and authority to change anything, let alone climate change on this earth?  If we were to think that everything that happens in our little worldly sphere could be controlled by mankind one way or the other wouldn't that show stupidity on our part?  He's got the whole world in his hands.  I forgot who sang that, but think about it - it's in his hands.  We really don't have any say so.  Everything that is to be will be.  Man can't change a thing.

Hallelujah, thank you, Lord

In Jesus Christ's name

Dewey & Paula love all people that will let us

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 09:15:24 PM »

Alex,

Does mankind really think that he has the power and authority to change anything, let alone climate change on this earth?  If we were to think that everything that happens in our little worldly sphere could be controlled by mankind one way or the other wouldn't that show stupidity on our part?  He's got the whole world in his hands.  I forgot who sang that, but think about it - it's in his hands.  We really don't have any say so.  Everything that is to be will be.  Man can't change a thing.

Hallelujah, thank you, Lord

In Jesus Christ's name

Did you post this because you agree or disagree with what i said, because i basicaly said the same thing you did. I Just used alittle science to back up my point ;)

I always like to be informed and standing in the Light! Lord willing offcourse =]

God bless ya!

Alex

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »

Why did the last ice-age end?

musicman

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »

Why did the last ice-age end?

Because the earth goes through natural climate changes.  I'm no scientist but it's my understanding that today's climate change is happenning a little to fast to be all natural.

dewey

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 06:43:33 PM »

Dennis, if you were in Kankakee today, I am sure that you, like me, would have to question whether or not the Ice Age really ended.  Chill factor 25-35 below zero.  40 to 56 MPH winds.  Mean temp 17-20 degrees.  Snow blowing parallel to the ground/visibility 100 yards. 

note to musicman:  I agree with you that today's climate change is happening a little too fast to be natural.  I too believe it has some "help".

It's great to be able to post to you guys - thanks.

In Jesus Christ's name,

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 07:48:23 PM »

You guys, the earths climate change is very normal. Even the temperature on mars is rising, the polar ice caps there are melting as well. This undeniable scientific proof that man is not that big of a factor in global warming as Al Gore wants you to think.

Sure we have contributed but it is nothing major and nothing the earth can't recover from on its own.

God is in controle. Man wants to think He can influence these things because man likes to feel powerful. Man likes the 'free will' aspect of all this 'it's our fault global warming is happening' nonsence.

God bless,

Alex

musicman

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 10:38:33 PM »

Careers to be avoided do to their soon to be obsolete status.

1.  Ice cutting barge makers and captains.

2.  Wildlife preservers of polar bears. (It'll be futile.)

3.  Polar ice cap researchers.

Hey youngons, try this career out for size!!

Eskimo swimming instructor.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 04:36:56 AM »

Global warming....?

Rev 16 : 8 Then the fourth angel emptied out his bowl upon the sun, and it was permitted to burn, scorch humanity with fierce glowing heat fire.

Ecc 11 : 4 He who observes the wind and waits for all conditions to be favorable will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap.

Matt 13 : 22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word and he becomes unfruitful.

God not man is in control of His Universe.  8) :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 01:02:14 PM »

Maybe people are looking at the climate from too narrow a time span.  Maybe the natural climate cycle is greater than what we have been recording for the last 150 yrs or so.  The most detailed information exists since 1850, when methodical thermometer-based records began (Wikipedia).

Here gives a little bit about what may be involved in the cyclic climate pattern.

Climate cycle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A climate cycle refers to natural cyclic variations in the earth's surface temperature, as indicated by temperature proxies found in glacier ice, sea bed sediment, tree ring studies or otherwise.

One difficulty in detecting climate cycles is that the earth's climate has been changing in non-cyclic ways over most scales of time. For instance, we are now in a period of global warming that seems to be anthropogenic. In a larger time frame, the Earth is emerging from the latest ice age, which means that climate has been changing over the last 15000 years or so. And the Pleistocene period, dominated by repeated glaciations, has developed out of a more stable climate in the Miocene and Pliocene. All of these changes complicate the task of looking for cyclical behavior in the climate.

There are nevertheless several climate cycles which have been identified or hypothesized. These range from the cyclic behaviour of the Earth's orbital parameters (called Milankovich cycles) which are reflected in the long-term climatic record spanning several ice ages, to short cycles such as the El Niño Southern Oscillation, the Pacific decadal oscillation, the Arctic oscillation, and the North Atlantic oscillation. The 11-year Sun spot cycle (the Hale cycle) may also be discernible in the climate record (see Solar variation).

Climate cycles are popular with media. One example is a 2003 study on the correlation between wheat prices and sunspot numbers. [1].

There is also a 1500-year climate cycle claimed from ice core samples, and used in the global warming controversy.

Other than the Milankovich cycles (and perhaps the Hale cycle), no climate cycle is found to be perfectly periodic and a Fourier analysis of the data does not give a sharp spectrum.
--------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Bill

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 01:26:26 AM »

U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007 

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb

Interesting....

Joe,

Interesting in deed.  There are a lot of doom and gloomers that have ulterior motives to get you to believe in so called myths.  For example it is commonly excepted that we are killing all our trees, the earth is over populated or we running out of room to put or garbage I could probably go on and I think iy shows how easily us humans will believe much of what we hear.  But if you dig in search things out for ourselves we find things are much different kind of like how many fall into believing in the common myth about hell.

Bill

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 02:06:24 PM by BK »

Chris R

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 09:57:35 AM »

Heres my favorite quote from the Article Joe posted the link for.

Why are some scientists worried? Perhaps because they feel that to stop worrying may mean to stop being paid,” Kukla told Gelf Magazine on April 24, 2007

Why is it, that it always seems to come down to the almighty buck?

Thanks for the link Joe

Chris R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.