bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL THINGS are become new...  (Read 4250 times)

rjsurfs

ALL THINGS are become new...
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:17:01 AM »

Taken from the Lake of Fire - Part XI
http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html

"Therefore if any man be IN Christ, he is a new creature [creation]: old things are passed away; behold ALL THINGS ARE BECOME NEW" (II Cor. 5:17)!

How many Christians believe that "IN Christ" we are a NEW creation and that ALL the old things have passed away and that ALL things are become NEW? How many pastors teach the NEW Covenant?

Christians sing: "Give me that OLD TIME religion—it’s good enough for me."

There was an OLD covenant, and now there is a NEW covenant. Do you know what the NEW COVENANT is? Theologians teach that the New covenant is keeping the OLD covenant, BETTER! That is unscriptural nonsense! They teach that we are to keep the law of Moses, BETTER, and we will fulfill the NEW testament.

Is the New Covenant patterned according to the Old Covenant? Let’s read it:

"For finding fault with them, He says, Behold, the days come says the Lord, when I will make a NEW covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah [he is a JEW who is circumcised in his heart and spirit, Rom. 2:29]: NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT that I made with their fathers…" (Heb. 8:8-9).

So then, is the NEW covenant "according" or "NOT according" to the Old covenant?

Then why does the Church continue making the Old Covenant binding on Christians?

Christendom is attempting to believe in the New Covenant, while at the same time trying to live in the Old Covenant. This can’t be done. In fact, Jesus sternly warned against attempting to do such a contradictory and damaging endeavor:

"And He [Jesus] spoke also a parable unto them [the Pharisees]: No man puts a piece of new garment upon an old: if otherwise, then both the new makes a rent [tear], and the piece that was taken out of the new agrees not with the old [‘NOT according with the covenant which I made with their fathers (the OLD Covenant, Heb. 8:9)]. And no man puts new wine into old bottles [wineskins]; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish [be RUINED]. But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. No man also having drunk old wine straightway desires new; for he says, The OLD is better" (Luke 5:36-39).

This is a parable! Jesus is speaking of the Old and New Covenants. We cannot, we dare not, try to put the old with the new. BOTH WILL BE RUINED! Why don’t we believe Jesus? We can’t put the Old and the New together. And true to Jesus’ words, when people come into a knowledge of the New Covenant, they PREFER THE OLD BETTER!

Did you also notice that when we put these two covenants in their proper places (the Old is for babes to bring them to Christ, while the new is for those maturing into Sonship), that they are BOTH PRESERVED? Yes, both are preserved, but only if we don’t MIX THEM. Could anything be clearer.

The "Chosen" live by the New Covenant: The "Called" try to live by the New and the Old Covenants. They have never learned this simple lesson: "No servant can serve TWO masters…" (Luke 16:13). The two covenants are not even in "according" with one another—they are not to be "unequally yoked together," seeing that they are not equal. If you want to be a New Testament Christian, then you need to learn and know what the New Testament is all about.

------------------------------------

Yesterday we studied this section here in our home and each time we go through the Lake of Fire it takes us longer to get through the whole thing... and I share this with you all because I have been blessed by not just reading... but by studying these papers and looking up for myself each and everyone of the Holy Scriptures in my various Bible translations.  There is a chart that follows the above quoted section that compares and contrasts the Old and the New Covenant.  If you are not in the habit of looking up the scriptures mentioned yourself that Ray uses in his papers this is a perfect time and place to start.

There is much in the Bible regarding this contrast between the covenants... and more that is revealed to us as we meditate and study on these scriptures.  There are many verses here and certain ones may touch you more at certain times... that is why it is good to read all of the scriptures over and over.

Just one of the contrasts that really stood out to me yesterday is this one:

The Old Covenant was "Not of Faith" - Galatians 3:2
Gal 3:2  Tell me this one thing: did you receive God's Spirit by doing what the Law requires or by hearing the gospel and believing it?

The New Covenant is a "Law of Faith" = Romans 3:27
Rom 3:27  What, then, can we boast about? Nothing! And what is the reason for this? Is it that we obey the Law? No, but that we believe.

I have been thinking lately on the pride that I was wrapped up in under that old system... when I thought I was "somebody" in the church of man.  That I somehow was earning my way into God's favor "by doing".  By following laws, traditions, rituals, and involved in every type of service work or ministry possible.  I served in the cafe, I cleaned the church, I did the landscaping, I worked with the projector and audio, I assisted the pastor with errands, I moved chairs, etc, etc.... do you see all of the "I" in that?  But what can we boast about?  Nothing!  We can neither boast out loud or within in our own minds.

The foolishness of man's attempt to please God!  Is is it not rather man's attempt to please himself or other men?  I believe we are given warning to stay away from the ways of the Old Covenant because it is man's sinful nature to make his way back into them.

Jas 1:25  But if you look closely into the perfect law that sets people free, and keep on paying attention to it and do not simply listen and then forget it, but put it into practice---you will be blessed by God in what you do.

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

Re: ALL THINGS are become new...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 06:27:20 PM »

Hello Bobby

You share quote : I have been thinking lately on the pride that I was wrapped up in under that old system... when I thought I was "somebody" in the church of man.  That I somehow was earning my way into God's favor "by doing".  By following laws, traditions, rituals, and involved in every type of service work or ministry possible.  I served in the cafe, I cleaned the church, I did the landscaping, I worked with the projector and audio, I assisted the pastor with errands, I moved chairs, etc, etc.... do you see all of the "I" in that?  But what can we boast about?  Nothing!  We can neither boast out loud or within in our own minds.

I can so relate to this error Bobby. We certainly have much to be repenting and I feel that I have much more than you to yet be repenting, my friend. For example just what you share shows my error that I did not see and more....

When I was in the Harlot System, and we know that Satan has his throne there and every demon spirit resides there, I found that seducing spirits made certain scriptures pop into mind when in discussions with the Cell Group. You know, Satan also can quote the Scriptures. So seeing now and being made aware (not that I then and even now may not be erring in  using the Word of God to suit my mind and understanding) but I know it is an error to do so.   I have  learnt that the Scripture does not witness to us and our ideas, but only to Christ!

From http://bible-truths.com/email14.htm#keys Quoting Ray blue font.

7 SPIRITUAL KEYS TO UNLOCK SCRIPTURE

1. "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural (physical); and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL" (1 Cor. 15:45)

2. "Now ALL these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for OUR ADMONITION (to reprove, caution, warn, remind of obligation or duty) upon whom the ends of the world are come" (1 Cor. 10:11)

3. "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of an private interpretation (Gk: 'is becoming it's OWN explanation')" (2 Pet. 1:20)

4. "The words that I speak unto you, they ARE SPIRIT, and they are life" (John 6:63)

5. "In the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES shall every word be established" (2 Cor. 13:1 & Rev.11:3)

6. "...comparing (or: 'matching') SPIRITUAL things with SPIRITUAL" (1 Cor. 2:13)

7/ "Thou art righteous, O Lord, which ARE and WAS and SHALL BE" (Rev. 16:5, also Rev. 4:8 & 11:17)

Point 3 and 6 were so out of my understanding that as you say, pride and my spiritually weak heart found great self comfort in ignorance and deceptions of seducing spirits. I know I have had my participation in so much foolishness, pride, carnality and ignorance to be deeply repented and I know I am still very much a work in progress.

I guess it is all practise practise practise..... :) as God brings us to our senses to show us how foolish and stupid and filled with error we are as we learn dependence on Him.

It is great that you are studying the teachings! I too have someone who is also studying the teachings and is coming back, God willing, with pencil highlights in the Hell Series! For me Rays teachings has been like finding the Holy Grail.

Thank you for your sharing.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 07:01:54 PM by Arcturus »

rjsurfs

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 10:38:57 AM »

Hi Arcturus!

Thank you for the reply... yes, I agree with you!

What I realize as I study now what the Old and New Covenant really are... I see that when I was a part of the modern christian church... I had no idea or experience with Jesus' actual New Covenant... even though I of course believed or I would have said at that time that I lived in the New Covenant.

Until we come out of the physical... that which comes first (Just as you pointed out in your reply) and are brought into the spiritual... only then do we experience Jesus' New Covenant of spirit and life.

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 03:48:58 PM »

So true Bobby.

What I am seeing more recently also is that it is not via intelectual gymnastics that anyone can apprehend or catpure or see or comprehend Truth. It is by discretion, direction and purpose of the Spirit of Christ. Of course this does not mean to say we should give up or become complacent but simply to put merit for our understanding where merit is due and that has to be with Jesus Christ.

So for me the New Covenant is Life in Christ which is the promise, the hope and the reason and encouragement for us all who are experiencing the trials and tribulations of daily falling short of the mark in seeing our own failures, weaknesses and liabilities which through Christ alone we can escape and through God our Father, overcome.  Quite a process! Quite a Plan!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.