bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blah, blah, blah  (Read 6450 times)

Alberta_Guy

Blah, blah, blah
« on: December 24, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »

I am sure there are many on here who have in the past checked out other so called "christian" forums on the internet. Isn't it truly amazing, even after a years absence how the ridiculous rantings continue over and over again on these other forums. Nothing changes...there is no spiritual growth, only combatative words that serve no purpose but to puff up ones pride. I confess that I too used to think that it was my duty to try and set these people straight. That is of course before I learned the futility of it all. It is just such a human trait to want to proclaim the truth  ;) As Ray writes we are much better suited to acquire knowledge and be ready to answere questions when asked. God is quite capable of reaching those he chooses, when he chooses.

My point being ....what was my point?  oh yeah....Isn't it just a blessing that we have our own place of peace where we can study, read, share or just socialize in such a beautiful place with such magnificent people!  I do not celebrate Xmas as such but I do benefit from a much needed hiatus from work as I am sure most of you do. So I would like to wish you all well and thankyou for all your hard work. I am not a big poster per say, but I do follow the threads, read Rays work over and over and listen to the audio's. I consider you all, and this website, a gift from God. You will never know how profoundly it has changed my life.

God Bless

Kat

Re: Blah, blah, blah
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 01:25:17 PM »

Hi Alberta_Guy,

I think I understand your stand about the other 'Christian' forums.
I had never been interested in forums and this type of communication, not even BT for some months after I first found Ray's site.  But then I reached a point where I needed the contact from other like minded believers. 
I have checked out a few other Christian Forum since coming here and I guess it remind me of church and I did not feel inclimed to hang around long, much less post.
This place is truely a great blessing and gift from God for us.  I am glad for all the posters that I can share and study with here, it's good even if you don't post much  :) 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 02:37:48 PM »

Hi Alberta Guy! 

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you; we need more that are like minded as you are.  (What you and Kat wrote are my sentiments exactly too!!!)  I agree and am SO grateful that Bt and my family here has also changed my life as well as the life of my dh and son profoundly!!! :D
Blessings,
Susan

fe32k

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 06:35:30 AM »

I still post on other forums such as CARM. It is definitely a waste of my time to try and convince anyone there. Although it does keep me sharp and able to answer to a plethora of questions that otherwise I would not be ready for. It has its use for now, but eventually it is something I would like to phase out of my life and just stick with forums.bible-truths.com.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »

I love this forum!
I don't post much but read a lot.
I usually don't find a reason to post or ask questions because so many get answered before I can post!
I like that.
On other forums, some topics would go on for hundreds of pages with little or no resolve.
I don't know how some people on there could stand it.
I believe most are very dogmatic about what they believe.
Doctrine is always a big discussion starter.

Thank God for this forum!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

gmik

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 11:36:36 PM »

I agree w/ all ya all.  I have tried a few others, especially at the beginning (over 2 years now) but this is THE BEST!!

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 01:00:40 AM »

So I would like to wish you all well and thankyou for all your hard work. I am not a big poster per say, but I do follow the threads, read Rays work over and over and listen to the audio's. I consider you all, and this website, a gift from God. You will never know how profoundly it has changed my life.

God Bless

+1

Arthyron

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 01:26:23 AM »

I had a few months where I'd visit christianforums.com and debate with Churchians for a while, but not much more.

As mentioned in my intro, I tend to frequent the forums for the metal bands I listen to.  Metal bands have a lot of fans that are non-believers, most of whom are very intelligent people, and I've seen the Lord work in amazing ways through them.  I've found that the Lord allows me to do much more good on "secular" forums than on alleged "Christian" forums.  People tend to ask more questions and are more receptive than they are on "Christian" forums, where everyone's an armchair scholar.  I've been contacted (aside from the forums) by people from all over the world saying "thank you for saying that" or "it really made me think" or "do you know anywhere where I can find more information about this?"  You'd be surprised how many opportunities the Lord has given to drop the Bible Truths web address.  The internet can be such a wonderful tool in the Lord's hands.

gmik

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 02:05:40 AM »

Hey Arthyron, Welcome!

I love your closing comment-Wow. 8)

A lot of people are gifted in talking to un-churchians :D(love that term), me, I like the haven here!

chuckt

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 10:12:55 AM »

Greetings all .

we all are different,  i personally have been taught much patience on forums.

when i first started posting three yrs ago on ET forums i was on fire and thought i would make a difference, HA HA :o

I personally am at the place where i dont look for nor wanna see immediate results, seeing as it would

puff me up and take glory away from  Christ.

what i have learned is there are many lurkers who dont post much and i often have gotten private emails telling me how much my posts make them want to study deeper  ETC, this in fact is to the glory of GOD.

what ever floats your boat,  go with God and what you are lead to do.

the cyber world of ""christian"" forums is huge, and its all part of Gods plan.

When ever and where ever we post it should ALWAYS be done in the spirit of meekness and love knowing it is

HIM who works in us for HIS good pleasure. and it is OUR blessing to have places where we can gather like bts and grow in grace and love

without fear of condemnation by ""brethren""

let your light shine where ever you are!!! ;)

inlove
chuckt AKA euty

« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:15:01 AM by chuckt »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 02:55:24 PM »

Hello Alberta_Guy

Thank you for sharing. I have only visited very few "other" Forums and find nothing to cause me to use the little time I have each day, getting into their issues.

I have enjoyed the stimulating conversations, edification, encouragement and growth that have come from participating here.

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 07:42:23 PM »

HA THIS is the only forum I 've ever been on and the onlyone I plan to stick with. ;)

Phil3:10

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »

Hello Alberta_guy,
I have spent hundreds of hours looking at web sites and in forums for the truths of GOD. I spent at least a year here before joining the BT forum.  I want to spend as much time as possible here as I am sure that I am with like-minded believers and have a teacher who is not looking for anything but GODS truth. It is much more enlightening to read than to post but often I do feel the need to post.
GOD BLESS,
Phil3:10

Matt

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 10:11:20 PM »

Hebrewroots
HA THIS is the only forum I 've ever been on and the onlyone I plan to stick with.

AMEN to that!!! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.