bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi to all  (Read 4766 times)

Vangie

Hi to all
« on: January 06, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »

Hi everyone!  I met a few people at the Mobile Conference this past November, and just got registered on the forum.  I look forward to getting to know you all.

Vangie

rjsurfs

Re: Hi to all
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »

Welcome Vangie,

The forum is a great companion to Ray's Bible Truths site.  Glad to have you with us.

Bobby

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 12:40:06 PM »

Hi Vangie,

Welcome to the Forum!

Did we meet at the Conference? I chatted with a few people who were avid readers of Bible Truths who had not yet joined here, would you be one of them?  ;)

Anyway, I look forward to fellowshipping with you.

Peace,

Joe

Vangie

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 04:29:16 PM »

Hi Joe and Bobby,
Thanks for the welcomes.  Joe, yes we met.  I was there with my friend Susie, and we did a lot of walking during the breaks.  (Trying to exercise off a pound or two before I got married the following weekend--dress was a still a little snug! ;))  That was my "bachelorette weekend", and I wouldn't have had it any other way--I really enjoyed the conference!

I've noticed how knowledgeable you both are in helping others with scriptural references.  Hope you don't mind if I impose on your expertise sometimes.

Thanks,
Vangie

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 05:13:07 PM »

Welcome Vandie

Glad that you were able to attend the conference in Mobile. 

I hope that you will find fellowship here and with your new husband and and be one spirit one mind and one body.

Beloved

gmik

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:38 PM »

Welcome and Congrats!!  Hope your hubby is of like-mind w/ you.  Does make it easier.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »

Hi Vangie,

I'm glad you have joined us here  :)

A conference is a great opportunity for a big dose of spiritual rejuvenation.  But the forum gives you that daily fellowship that seems so vital.  I hope you will share with us and ask questions as need be.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Vangie

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 07:54:03 AM »

Thanks to Beloved, Gena, and Kat (hi again Kat--we met in Mobile!),

My hubby Joe is a gift from God, even though he is not a believer of the truth (yet ;) who knows what God has in store for him?  I pray for His will to be done.)  Joe is very receptive and supportive of the changes he sees and experiences in me.   I am very blessed and thank God that He has seen fit for us to be together after 12 years of living--it has been a long road for us to get to where we are now!

Question for those who like me are with a mate "not of like mind"?  How do we "be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers" 2Cor 6:14, if we're married to an unbeliever?  Can anyone help me decipher this verse and apply it to life?

Thanks much!
Vangie

Kat

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »

Hi Vangie,

I thought we had talked at the Mobile conference, but I'm so bad with names  ::)
I am married to a man that has never shared my religious experiences with me me.  I'm now thankful he did not get pulled into the church system, like I did for 25 yrs. 
Note this Scripture.

1Co 7:12  And to the rest I speak--not the Lord--if any brother hath a wife unbelieving, and she is pleased to dwell with him, let him not send her away;
1Co 7:13  and a woman who hath a husband unbelieving, and he is pleased to dwell with her, let her not send him away;
1Co 7:14  for the unbelieving husband hath been sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife hath been sanctified in the husband; otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.
1Co 7:16  For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

As a believer you have a real responslblity to your unbelieving husband.  Not to try and teach him (unless he asks of course), but to be an example to him.  There will arise many situations, I'm sure, that you will need to call on the wisdom from the spirit within on how to handle it.  This is a great teaching experience for you, but also a delicate line to walk.

1Pe 3:1  Likewise you wives, be submissive to your husbands, so that some, though they do not obey the word, may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,
1Pe 3:2  when they see your reverent and chaste behavior.

I really is good to hear from you and if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 07:44:43 PM »

Hi Vangie,

Yes, I remember you both, we chatted for a bit in between Ray's presentations, I am happy to see you here!

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

joyful1

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 05:00:59 AM »

:D Hi Vangie!
I too have a husband who does not believe the "truth" just yet...he does profess to know Christ as his Saviour however. We did have a lot of "heated" discussions in the begining but I tend to keep my mouth shut now, which helps....(unless he asks a question)....and he does notice the changes in me...first of which is learning to keep my mouth shut! hehehehe!! :D

LOL!
:)
take care and look forward to seeing you around!
joyce

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.