bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Correction  (Read 5861 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Correction
« on: December 28, 2007, 03:55:38 PM »

Hi, L. Ray

The derivation of the name "Jew" comes from yadah and it means, "to give thanks, laud, praise." L. Ray Smith

The Hebrew word “yadah” does not mean to give thanks, laud, praise.

Y-A-D-A-H means to cast stones.

“Hodah” means to give thanks.

Yehudi, meaning “one who gives thanks to God”, is the translation of the word Jew.

You may want to correct this error.

Sincerely,

DJC

P.S. Hebrew information came from: http://www.hebrew-translator.com/

Dear Domonic:  Certainly, I would be happy to correct your error.

Jew:  Strong's Exhaustive Concordance #3064, yehudiy, "Patronymic [a paternal ancester] from H3063; a Jehudite (that is, Judaite or Jew), or descendant of Jehudah (that is Judah): - Jew"

#3063, yehudah,  "From H3034; celebrated; Jehudah (or Judah), the name of five Israelites; also the tribe descended from the first, and of its territory: - Judah."

#3034, yadah.

Okay, now we are at the prime root yadah. The word which you apparently  want to redefine from it's PRIMARY meaning and usage. So how is yada really used in the Hebrew Scriptures--"throw stones?" or "give thanks and PRAISE?"

Strong's #3034, yadah, "a prim. root; used only as denom. from 3027; lit. to use (i.e. hold out) the hand; phys. to throw (a stone or arrow) at or away; esp. to reverse or worship (with extended hands); intens. to bemoan (by wringing the hands)...."

And, true enough, one time this word yadah is translated "cast," and one time it is translated "cast out."  So, is this then the primary MEANING and DEFINITION and USAGE of the word yadah?

'Fraid not, Domonic. You see, this little word yadah is used and translated over one hundred times in the Hebrew Scriptures. One time it is translated "thankful.".  Two times it is translated "thanksgiving.".  Two times it is translated "make confession" [maybe making confession for 'throwing stones,' you think?]. Five times it is translated "thank" [as in 'thanks for not throwing stones?'].  Sixteen times it is translated "confess."   THIRTY-TWO times it is translated "give thanks" [as in maybe giving thanks for not getting hit by the stones].  And FIFTY THREE TIMES it is translated  "P-R-A-I-S-E!"

God be with you,

Ray

PS   As you keep sending more emails to me believing that you are showing my writings to be foolish nonsense, I am taking the time to answer them, even though I have 411 unanswered emails ahead of yours.  Now then, when seeing the absolutely clear proof of your error in this matter on the usage and meaning of yadah, will you now be man enough to admit error?  Of possibly ten thousand detractors who have tried to correct me in the past (not one of which offered any contrary proof to what they were attacking on my site), I know of probably no more than 3 people who apologized after I corrected their false accusations.  Perhaps you will make it 4?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.