bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What I have learn't  (Read 5033 times)

Deborah-Leigh

What I have learn't
« on: December 28, 2007, 05:12:37 PM »

In the following email reply Ray shows the importance of how a word is used in the Scriptures.

Note Ray's edifying response in the following :
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6099.0.html

This is for me an important Addendum to Rays teaching tools named the TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

Re: What I have learn't
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 07:23:46 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

Yes I too pick up on the way Ray uses different means to come to an understanding of something. 
Like he was talking about in that email, now when I'm reading the Scripture I will find myself looking to see how a word is used in other Scripture. 

I must say using the 'Twelve truths' as Ray explains them and extra things I pick up, makes a big difference in studing the Scripture.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 02:42:52 AM »

It sure does Kat!

Remember that one about Relative v/s Absolute 8) That too deserves a special place in the tool box!

Peace to you

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »

Hi Arcturus & Kat,

The methodology Ray has shown has helped me tremendously in my studies, this has opened (through the Spirit of Christ) the scriptures in ways I never even thought possible.

We really have been blessed.  ;)

His Peace to you dear Sisters,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 03:30:39 PM »

You are so right Joe.

Just knowing that no scripture is of its own interpretation unravels many false teachings built on assumptions and private opinions not founded in the Scriptures.

I looked today into some of the teachings I studies in Babylonian Bible College. I was ASTOUNDED at seeing how often scriptures were cut out, applied to others and stuck together by the glue of human assumptions and errors! That I even excelled in learning all their rubbish is still to this day, most humbling!

Peace to you to Joe

Kat

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »

Hi Joe,

Paul said we should follow his example and note those who are mature, for a pattern.  Ray fits that for me  :)

Php 3:14  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
v. 15  Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.
v. 16  Only let us hold true to what we have attained.
v. 17  Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:20:47 PM by Kat »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »

Oh yes, WORDS ARE EVERYTHING ;D...even though I am very slow at trying to adapt to using computers to do my word searches for me instead of all of the 'good ole books' that were once used (esword and such)..so,, say a prayer for me to get with it in this computer tool area...I feel like I am a dinosaur in this area.... ;) ;) :-\ :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »

Thank you for those beautiful scriptures Kat. They are indeed timely  :) in more ways than one :)

Susan hope you get your computer up and running. I know it is difficult sometimes. Our main computer has been disabled through a jolt of lightening so we now resort to using the lap top!  :)

Peace to you

gmik

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »

vs 16  only let us hold onto what we have attained....

That one verse could keep us busy for a lifetime!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 06:50:07 PM »

No, Arc, my computer isn't down; its' the operator (me) that needs to learn how to use certain computer programs like esword (as well as other computer accessable bible helpers) to help me in my bible studies and in my responses here on the forum; I am a dinosaur for not having used those programs yet...thats' all. ;) 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.