bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death  (Read 4490 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Death
« on: May 01, 2006, 10:15:05 AM »

Ray,

I did read your explanation and I am trying to process all of this in my mind and heart as I seek the Lord's will.

I have a different quesiton regarding death. I understand you to say that when a person dies they are just that "dead", no thinking, no consciousness or anything.Here is a couple of areas I don't understand how that fits in.

1. Enoch walked with God, then he was no more because God took him. (Gen 5 :24) Where did he go?

2. Elijah - 2 Kings 2:11  a chariot of fire and horses of fire seperated the two of them, and Elijah ascened in a whirlwind into heaven. BUT - in John 3:13 Jesus said that no one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from the heaven, the Son of Man.

3. King Saul went to a woman to bring up Sammuel from the dead. Sammuel replies why do you disturb me by bringing me up? and he goes on to say that Saul and his sons will be with him tomorrow.

4. In Matthew 22 - Jesus says - 31 ANd as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was said to you by God,  32 I am the God of Abraham, the God of Jacob? He is the God not of the dead, but of the living.

Thanks for your time.

Lisa.

Dear Lisa:

I have answered these questions dozens and dozens of times over the years. There are some of them on our forum emails (we have over ten thousand posted there).

I will write a paper putting all of these questions into one paper in the future and post it on our home page.

God be with you,

Ray

PS  I have nearly five hundred unanswered emails ahead of yours. Hope you understand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.