bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The debaters  (Read 11886 times)

Truth101

Re: The debaters
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2008, 05:50:13 AM »

Hi Dave (Truth101),

Thank you for sharing your testimony. It really touched my heart.

Ursula

Hi Ursula, I'm only honored to be able to share with people who actually take the time to even care about such things. I really didnt expect it to be such a touching thing but if people are relating to it than I can understand why it has an impact.

Praise God for His subtle movement among His Children.

God Bless,

Dave

Samson

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 11:53:40 PM »

To Arthyron,

Good point about maintaining your composure without resorting to shouting and even personal attachs, sometimes thats' easier said then done, thats where the saying "know thyself" and a mans' got to know his limitations" comes in. For me writing ones points,opinions and position on a subject is much easier than direct face to face confrontation. I have a low tolerance level for the arrogant, self-righteous and those that resort to a mocking laugh towards me. Something God will probably use to refine my character with, no doubt. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, of this I'm sure Satan is aware of. My usual reaction in a case of those who resort to personal defamation(An Ad Hominem attack) and with their mocking taunts is to remove myself from the situation as soon as possible remembering Romans.12:17-21 and Matthew.5:44,45. May the peace of God that excels all thought be with you Brother, Yours, Samson.

Little Joe

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 12:19:43 AM »

Well said, Arthyron!   :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 03:44:30 PM »

Samson

The scriptures you have quoted are not only for Arthyron.  ;D :D They were so beautiful, encouraging and a blessing to read again.

Peace be to you brother

Arcturus :)

phazel

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 04:32:39 PM »

Truth101,

Thank you for sharing your past experiences.  I too understand torment.  I was at a point where I was in deep depression over the doctrine of hell.  Being in a church and hearing all the things about being saved, and such,  I also read the scriptures with that template of hell in the balance. 

As I read the scriptures thinking that people better than me (as we are led to believe in most churches) understood these things I had little choice at the time but to think hell was real and so frightening.   Being determined to read the bible on my own I soon realized that from the scriptures, if hell was real, I saw no possible way of escape.  Saying I was saved, even though thats something people do, was not enough.  I could never measure up to the standard of really being saved.  Christians tried to assure me that I was forgiven because I asked for it, but then I soon realized that often I was not sorry, and I couldn't think to myself enough that I really was sorry.  Some things sure I came to be different about, but what if I died not actually being sorry for a sin.   How could I possibly be forgiven?

I was in this torment most of my life.   I am 43 and only in the last 3 years have I been set free, I try to tell so many people and few really want to listen.  But that is ok, because now I know that it is not up to me or them and mercy from God is the greatest gift to mankind and everyone will one day know it.

Phil3:10

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 03:57:25 PM »

Truth 101
Thank you for your powerful testimony. One of my favorite uplifting scriptural passages is Philippians 2:13. "For it is GOD which worketh in you both to will and to do of HIS good pleasure".  It is all of HIM!  For that I am so thankful.
Phil 3:10

Truth101

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 12:10:17 PM »

Hi all.

Im very happy everyone found something to relate to in that testimony. It makes me more confident in the power of testimony. The fact that we all have similar experiences in our lives here on BTF makes me happy to know we are all coming FROM the same place and TO the same place which is in the light of God.

God Bless.

Dave
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.