bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings To All  (Read 4591 times)

Tooostep1955

Greetings To All
« on: December 30, 2007, 06:49:46 PM »

Greetings to All My Sisters & Brothers!

Well, I would like to introduce myself to you all as Don B., I am 52 yrs young, born on the island of Galveston,Tx., lived here now in Alabama for the past 16+ yrs, came from a very 'dysfunctional family' (except for my paternal grandmother.) It was while living with her at the very impressionable age of eight I was introduced to the, 'christian god' that would burn me in fire if I refused to accept Jesus as my saviour! Well, I've never been the brightest light bulb in a room full of lights, but I knew I didn't want any part of that long and painful existence! So, like millions of other frightened little children, I managed to force myself to walk that long path to the preacher that would help me "ask Jesus to come into my heart," and forgive me and not send me to hell! It was all a hoax and that is why the next thirty years of my life I "lived like the devil!"
Only after I had gone through 'hell' on earth and God's plan had me right where He wanted me did I call out to Him.
I have been blessed for the past 23yrs in marriage to a woman who gives her love to God first, then me & then to our five children. I came to acknowledge God's presence @ 1991 and haven't turned away since - Praise be to Him! Don't misunderstand me, I do sin, and repent of those sins, but I haven't turned my mind or heart away from Him. It is His will, and I couldn't never express my gratitude in an eternity of eternities! I was involved in a fatal vehicular accident(I was a professional driver for American Freightways-which is now FedEx freight) May 1998, and live daily with inoperable cervical and spinal injuries, and the chronic pain that comes with it. I only tell you this in order for you to understand if I don't reply to a post for a day or two, as I never know when I will be bedridden.
Before my accident I had been literally crying out to God for days and weeks for Him to reveal the Truth - NO MATTER THE CONSEQUNCES,NO MATTER THE SACRIFICES! I was sick and tired of all the lies, confusion and lack of harmony the 300+ 'christian' denominations all have. You ever hear the saying, "Be carefull of what you ask for?" Needless to say it has been a whirlwind of an experience! I have groaned, moaned and shed many tears as the scales of deception have been removed from my eyes. Also, with the Truth comes many that turn away from it/you.
So, I am blessed to be allowed on the forum to make some friends - Lord willing.
I have read every article brother Ray has posted on his site, and I have prayed,studied and prayed for God to keep me in the Truth, and I am blessed to say brother Ray does have what God intends the"few" to know. Now I strive to live what I learn-along with my wife and children, and we have been continually blessed - spiritually.
I thank you for taking the time to read this post, and hope to make some new friends.
Don AKA Tooostep1955

P.S. For those of you that have been around for a really long time I used to be Peace_2_U just thot I would see if anyone remembered
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 06:57:46 PM by Tooostep1955 »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Greetings To All
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 06:56:38 PM »

Welcome Don,

Where in Alabama do you live? Ray now lives in Mobile.

Dennis

Tooostep1955

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »

I live in a small town @ 80 miles NE of Birmingham named Jacksonville.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 07:13:25 PM »

Hi Don,

I glad that you have joined us  :)
It is always interesting to hear how someone comes to this Truth.  Sorry to hear about your accident and injuries which still cause you pain and difficulty.  It seems we only come to the Truth after much difficulty, but all seems to think it was worthy it, as it surely is. 
I hope you will share in the fellowship with us here, we enjoy this little piece of the kingdom with have here  :D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »

Mercy me Don.  Thank you for that riveting introduction!!  My how different and difficult all our paths to Ray are.  How wonderful that your wife and children are along w/ you.  I am so sorry for your chronic pain-I have no way to know what that is like but I know it can't be easy for you and yet your post was full of the joy and excitement of the Lord!!  God Bless you and Welcome!!!

Tooostep1955

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »

Hello My Friends,

I'm so pleased to meet you Dennis, Kat & Gena!

Kat, thank you so much for the kind words, and I thank God for His blessing you the way He has opened the eyes of your heart. Pain and suffering comes to us all in many ways. I personally believe I have been blessed in uncountable ways since my accident. God never lies, He does work His will for the good in all thing's, I just need to be still/quiet and then be overwhelmed by His blessings-esspecially through (any) suffering. I pray God will allow me to share, feed, and meet as many 'like minded' sisters & brothers as I can. My wife (Rita) isn't into using computers, but I will try and share as much of the posts as I can. She too has read all of brother Ray's writings, and thankfully God has blessed her as well with an open heart and seeing eyes. I am so blessed,and I know I don't deserve any of them. It really blows my mind (what little of it I have ) when I do try and understand  why He has given me so much for so little I have given to Him.

Hi Kat,
Thank you as well for your kind and thoughtful words. I guess I pretty much have replied to your post along with Gena's. If you really want to know what it is like - take and make a fist with your knuckle pushed out,then push it as hard as you can against the small of your back,your hip,neck and left leg, and you will get a pretty good idea. :'(
Really though, if it wasn't for what we are all going through then we wouldn't be having this great conversation! :)

I pray His peace,mercy and protection for you all!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 04:20:11 PM »

Hello Don

I am happy to meet you and your wife Rita and family. That is so special that you are all in unison with what has been revealed here in BT.

I can not say I have suffered anything like what you describe but for a few painful flashes with physical pain, I have been through other traumas that seem a breeze if held against the pain of physical suffering.

I live in South Africa. My husband has a deep heart knowledge of the BT and I can enjoy many discussions with him as I value his insight and understanding. We have a son soon to turn eleven though I am also in my fifties. We both experienced disastrous marriages earlier on and I was widowed at 24 years old!  I have got over it by now! ;D and have experienced equally challenging circumstances that never seem to be in hindsight but are on going! :) rather like that knuckle you mention in the nerve of the back, or joint or....etc! ;D

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 04:23:28 PM by Arcturus »

pylady

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 07:16:09 PM »

Hi Don,

Welcome!

I, and many others, can relate to crying out to God for days, weeks, even years to reveal His truth to us.  Now we know that He put that longing in our hearts, and He only can satisfy that longing, by dragging us to Him and His truth.  How wonderful that He's revealing it to you, and also your wife and children at the same time! ;D

I don't post very often, but enjoy reading the posts of our brothers and sisters as we together learn about our magnificent God.  Look forward to your posts.

Your sister in Christ,

Cindy  :)

Tooostep1955

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 08:23:56 AM »

Dear Arcturus & Cindy,

WoW! South Africa! Is this the home of your birth and your husband as well? I have been to some countries in Europe, and I found the world is much the same wherever one goes. Good & evil to be sure is no stranger, but the customs and lifestyles is something one must experience, not just read or watch movies, to really appreciate. Are y'all (thers a tad bit-o U.S. suthern speak  ;) ) on a mission outreach program, or just where you live? I would like to know exactly where, so I can study about the people and land.
I too lost a spouse and two children (still borns). It was very hard, and I just knew my life was over. What I didn't know at the time was, that God hadn't finished working/loving with me. I pray you don't think I am making up these hardships for pity and "see how hard I have had it" I only mention it because it's true, and I know exactly what the curse of loss and the blessing of gaining truly is as well. When I met Rita she had three children ages 14,11,6. Before having our 1st child together Rita would often have to remind me, "You just don't understand, because you don't have any children of your own!" I thought she was crazy, because I knew that when a child did right from wrong it was a simple matter of a praise or a punishment - end of debate! Well, not only did God show me what true unconditional love is, He also pointed me in Rita's direction to, 'eat crow'  ::) or more truthfully, humble myself and say, "you were right, I didn't understand."
A man's pride is nothing to play around with-so I used to think! ;D

Dear Cindy,

You are so right on the mark! I never knew rug burns could turn out to be so usefull. ;)
Thank you and Arturus for your very kind and heartfelt words. They mean so much and do make a difference in my daily walk.
I as well am not one to do much posting, but if someone takes the time to write me, then God willing, I will try and reply.

Christ's Love to All

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »

Hello Don

I am born and bred in Africa. Originally from Rhodesia now called Zimbabwe. I lived in Rome for three years, enjoyed a few months in Cincinnati and since then have been domiciled in South Africa.

I prefer to be identified with my beliefs rather than my carnal background. My Mother was a Catholic and my Father was Jewish converted to Catholism. Since learning the truths here in BT I have neither any inclination or desire to be associated with either Jewish or Catholic doctrines and traditions. I can now see how my Mother was deeply deceived and how this influenced me too. It was of course in the Plan of God to cause me to become involved with my studies of the Catholic doctrines and later with the doctrines of Pentecostal beliefs before delivering me out of Babylon. I pity my Mother who I loved dearly. She died not knowing the Truth and firmly bound by the terrors of her understanding. The Priest at least convinced her that she was not going to end up in Hell. After all, she had been a most devout Catholic so you know...such a place is only reserved for all who do not subscribe ;)

I do not think you are making up your story because it shines through that you are blessed with your family and Rita. I too am greatly blessed with mine both here in the Forum in like mind and with my family that God has blessed me to appreciate and love.

Peace to you

Arcturus
 :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.