bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm enjoying this place so much !  (Read 3538 times)

offthechimney

I'm enjoying this place so much !
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:17:59 AM »

I feel a little intellectually inferior here, as I read I'm finding that most everything I read is very foreign to me as far as some of the topics. That's ok because I understand that many of you spend a great deal of time pursuing what you believe to be true. I'm blown away by the fact that most Christians do not bother with something that is so valuable. As one of my friends was telling me of a girl that had killed herself, he says "too bad she'll never know heaven". This, coming from a youth leader, made me react. I flat out told him that he should keep his heresy to himself. He told me he was going to look up the scripture to prove his point. I wonder how long I'll have to wait. ;)

gmik

Re: I'm enjoying this place so much !
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:46:04 AM »

We have all felt the "blown away" feeling :D

I used to hear a phrase " this is the only hell a christian will ever know, and this is the only heaven a sinner will ever know" (meaning earth)

Now, I know, earth is the only hell ANY of us will ever know! tHANKS BE TO GOD FOR HIS AWESOME PLAN!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 02:01:26 AM »

Aint that the truth Gena, preach on girl!  ;) ;D  I always underdtood how others felt when they said that phrase, but I never believed them ...that is till now,,,after having gone through the flames that this world has to offer.  I still say that the rich are having their heaven on earth too; tha tis till the judgement day...when they will see that they were truly very poor! :'(

Tooostep1955

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 03:14:58 PM »

Greetings Offthechimne  ;D

I also am new to this forum as well, although I was a member of the first forum back in 2001. Your's is the 1st post I have replied to!  ;)
I know we both will make some very good friends and enjoy being able to relate to what I affectionately refer as, 'like minded' sisters & brothers.

I too have those same feelings (I'm certain we have a 'host' of others as well)!

Please know this-what I am about to write is my personal belief and I am in no way desiring to teach,preach or persuade you or anyone else to agree or disagree with me:

For me to not get heart broken every time someone speaks of "hell" as a person's "eternal punishment" is a clear sign I need to get on my knees and beg God to restore His compassion in me.
So what is a child of God to do? "Love one another..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.