bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pauls Splinter in the flesh  (Read 4770 times)

phazel

Pauls Splinter in the flesh
« on: January 21, 2008, 11:41:56 AM »

I was batting around a few ideas with my Son about what might happen to us if we truely was given an experience that allowed us to understand the greatness of heaven.  And how back on earth it would be emotionally terrible to keep going.

I had never read Rays "Splinter in the flesh" article till last night and I saw where the splinter was the means to keep Paul from being lifted up. That was quite curious to read.

I got to thinking about two things.   First,  as I read that I was reminded of the ministers in Christianity who claim to have been "lifted up" to heaven and then they would proceed to describe it to whoever they are speaking too and I wondered if this passage could be some sort of test to realize that really did not happen to these ministers because their life would usually seem to go on no different than any other minister.

Secondly. I got to thinking about what my Son  and I were talking about and one thought I had is if God gave me a true revelation to what heaven would be like, I might be inclined to take my own life to go back or to "be lifted" up.

The splinter may have been that counter balance to continue to knock sense into paul in order to keep him distracted and focused upon his earthly mission.

Thoughts anyone?

musicman

Re: Pauls Splinter in the flesh
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:02:58 PM »

I'm not sure but I think heaven is described more as a way of thinking in scripture.  Surely none has experienced the thought processes of God.  It's when we rise to our own positions of godliness (heaven) that we must be reminded (cast out) of who and what we are.  Take for instance when Lucifer fell from. . . . excuse me, when the king of Babylon fell from heaven, it was him that exalted himself to his own position of god, in other words, lifted himself up to heaven.  I think Paul's splinter in the flesh would have to have been his pride, or God's reminders of what he is.

In other words, I don't think that heaven is a rock out in space (to steal Ray's words) but the highest realm of thought imagineable.  This would be God's position and thinking only.  For man to be in heaven, he would have to be deluded.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 01:04:38 PM by musicman »

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Pauls Splinter in the flesh
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 01:17:33 PM »

Take for instance when Lucifer fell from. . . . excuse me, when the king of Babylon fell from heaven, it was him that exalted himself to his own position of god, in other words, lifted himself up to heaven.

LOL! That was funny! Musicman, you nearly lost it there! You nearly became a backslider! Great stuff...!

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.