bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: demon possession  (Read 14068 times)

Robin

Re: demon possession
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 07:33:59 PM »

John 8:44
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:
 31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

God cast out layer after layer of lies within me over a five year period of time. I was truly possessed by lies from childhood on until they were cast out and I was set free through truth (Christ). I actually experienced the lies being exposed and removed. May God give us ears to hear and eyes to see.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 01:41:08 AM »

Hi MG

Thank you for John 8 :44  I would like to make a note of where that translation is from for future reference.  It beautifully showed up the Sovereignty of God!

Peace to you

Arctutus :)

Robin

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 06:02:27 AM »

That was the New International Version. I forgot to look this time. I usually compare before I post.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%208:44;&version=31;

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 03:13:51 PM »

Thank you MG

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

little rock

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 08:20:42 AM »

well guys i feel i must share how i came to know Christ as only 2yrs ago i was a drug addict.i went to a halloween party on acid and flipped into another realm i saw spiritual images(call it hallocination)whatever all i know in an instant a darkness covered my mind that was not me.within 2 days i was psychotic and in bed rambling stuff flitting in and out of reality.i was convicted i was a sinner,and my neighbour who is a christian came over to see me .she said my eyes rolled back and i spoke several names out ,however she did not deliver me .i didn't eat or sleep for 5 days before they put me into a mental hospital.i was chanting "i'm going to hell" the doctors came in with a bible and all i did was scream "Jesus Christ" at them so it took 4 guys to hold me down (i weigh 52 kg)and they jabbed me with a needle(ouch!).i woke up to a "voice" but no one in the cell with me.i was back to normal and praising God .i knew in my heart  He had delivered me.i know that God handed me over to satan to teach me not to blasphem.i believed in God but broke all his rules.it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.i know this for sure,i was pretty shaken after that but thank God i know he did it because He loves me.how blessed am i .Thanks be to God for He has done a great and mighty work in me!

Kat

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 12:07:24 PM »

Hi little rock,

Very interesting testimony  :o
So you believe you did become demon possessed when you were on drugs.
You say you were flitting in and out of reality, but were you conscience of everything that happened during those 5 days?  And did this darkness that covered your mind seem to control your thoughts and/or actions?  I guess the 'voice' was Christ casting out the demon?

If your experience is too painful to discuss farther I understand.  I am just curious about this whole thing and your personal experience is very revealing.
We all don't have the same experiences, but as you have, we can give a witness to what we do experience so as to be of help of others  :)  Thank you for sharing.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »

Hello little rock

I believe every word you have written. It is so wonderful that our Lord gave you deliverance and that He woke you up to His Voice.

I have heard another testimony of a Chinese man who was put into a high security jail. There were seventeen gates to the centre of this jail. The guards tortured this man and Christ decided he would not only live, but he would walk out of there after they broke his legs too! He did just that.

With God, it goes to show, NOTHING is impossible and no darkness or sense of loss is too far for Him to reach, touch and heal and strengthen.

Thank you for sharing.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

little rock

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 08:16:37 AM »

hi there kat sure i don't mind sharing,what God has shown me is nothing short of amazing.no i did not recall all of my days but do remember feeling trapped in a body that i was not in control of.i know something entered me shortly after i reached the party i saw it in spirit form and freaked.this snapped me out of the drug high .i could also hear an undertone of voices through the music that was playing it was demonic then i started just thinking really strange thoughts.had a friend who pointed to a cross he was wearing which made me realise that only God could help me.but the journey was very interesting and how God humbled me before saving me.i got home from the hospital and picked up a bible and just read it all day for days on end front to back again.i really hungered the word.when i got to psalms and proverbs God showed me all my sins and i just cryed like a baby for days as he forgave me for them all.i too went into the church system but none could answer my questions so one day i asked God that i had to know the truth ,He led me here to this site as i read the Holy Spirit  confirmed it as the truth.so i praised God and wept some more.i was not looking for God believe me i liked to party and get high but with it came the lows and i had alot of unforgiveness .now i have life and peace and hope .still got a long way to go but i trust in God to finish what He has started.praise God for He is good.

ez2u

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 09:28:24 PM »

Dautz  mental illness is caused from deficiencies in the body.  Schizophrenia is a niacin related.  Tell your friend to research out  Dr. Abram Hoffer 59 years studies with Pauling Linus, he won the Nobel prizes twice, the only person to do so.  It is not demons,  its a mineral deficiencies.  Peggy

little rock

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2008, 07:47:34 AM »

whatever!!!shame this guy wasn't around in Jesus's  day could of had the apostles  handing out multi vitamins instead!!HA HA

ez2u

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »

well I don't want to offend anyone here so please bare with me.  For many hundreds of years people with mental illness was label demonic  They suffer terribly because of this and was not able to receive the attention that has been needed for proper care.  Folk many of you know my wonderful father was schizophrenic and so is my wonderful son.  More understanding is needed here concerning this matter.  Enclosed is a translation of the Bible which might help.  These people have suffer enough than to label them as such  please I beg of you stop.
 Matt 8:28-34
KJV
And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters. And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils. And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.

I LOVE THIS TRANSLATION FROM THE ANCIENT EASTERN LANGUAGES.

Matthew 8: 28-34
George Lamsa
And when Jesus came to the port on the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, he was met by two lunatics, who were just coming out of the cemetery. They were exceedingly vicious so that no man would dare travel the road. And they cried aloud saying, What business have we together, Jesus, son of God? Have you come to torment us before the time? Now there was near by them a large herd of swine feeding. And the lunatics kept asking him saying, If you are going to heal us, permit us to attack the herd of swine. Jesus said to them, Go. And immediately they left and attacked the swine, and the whole herd went straight over the cliff and fell into the sea and were drowned in the water. And they who fed them ran away and went to the city and reported everything that happened, and told about the lunatics. So all the city went to meet Jesus and when they saw him, they urged him to depart from their borders.

last night I was listening to rays audio on the sabbath.  In this wonderful work  he talks about how in the 6 days  God created the heavens and how in 6 days God created the earth,  so forth,  he also talks about the 7th day rest and it is still going on.  The point I am making is that Ray talk about how the scientist research was correct they aren't dumbes.  So I plea my case there is too much research, 50 years by top notch scientist and doctors to discredit  their findings, especially since the government isn't.  peggy
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 05:41:32 PM by ez2u »

musicman

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 08:14:47 PM »

Why can't our chemical imbalances (I have some) be demons?  Perhaps they are beings and perhaps they are figurative.  Nontheless, science has learned what these demons have done to us (under God's control).  But I know that science does'nt have all the answers.  As far as medication, Christ may or may not use it to cure us.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 08:27:47 PM by musicman »

Vangie

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »

I like the way Musicman put that.  I'm so sorry Peggy for the pain you and your family have endured, it's such a hard road to travel. 
Jesus is with us all the way though!

Love,
Vangie

ez2u

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008, 02:29:58 AM »

Vangie  thank you for your kind words.  Everything work together for them that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.  The things I have suffer has been at the hand of God and I see the Inner workings of the Holy Spirit in my life to bring me into more of Jesus and less of me.  I am beginning to look on with rejoicing in my heart at the things that have hurt me the most and caused much suffering.  this BT and Rays audios and writing have been a God sent to clear my mind and learn the basic 101 of Christianity.  I am not ashame to say I love the Lord Jesus Christ because He did love me first and drew me to Him.It is a love that I can not walk away from even in the very hardest of times.  I don't know how much each one of us will suffer but knowing Him is worth it all.  love in Jesus Peggy

hebrewroots98

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 06:57:31 AM »

Very True and precious words Ez2U. ;)
Blessings
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.