bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: demon possession  (Read 14063 times)

dautyz

demon possession
« on: December 31, 2007, 10:34:26 PM »

Hi everyone,

There is a lady that I met whose 12 yr old son is schizophrenic.  she shared with me all the weird things that he does to himself and his family.  He takes 4 types of medication which do not help.  She has determined that he is demon possessed.  She had spoken to a pastor who prayed for her and who is going to visit her son to determine if he can be delivered or not.

I know that many of the illnesses/diseases that Jesus healed of where of demon origin.  Today this disease is considered in medical terms a mental illness.

My questioin is what does the bible say about it, and is casting out demons really practiced in this age.

Yours,
Dautyz

Kat

Re: demon possession
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »

Hi Dautyz,

Here is an email from Ray on this subject.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1910.0.html ---

Hi Ray,
    >
    > Really quick question. Can a Christian "or anyone" become possessed by
    > demons? Do the rites of exorcism work? What might be the purpose of
    > exorcism? I believe I have felt the influence of demons in my life at
    > certain times. I think every person does whether they are aware of it
    > or not.
    >
    > What is your interpretation of the truth here?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Chris

Dear Chris:

There have been probably 5 to 10 thousand volumes written on demons and exorcism. It is not likely that I can explain this subject in five to ten sentences.

There is "possession" and there is "obsession."  Many people are obsessed with demons and evil spirits rather than being actually possessed and totally out of control mentally.

Catholic exorcism is more superstition than Scriptural.  Protestant ministers try to shout and SCREAM them out of people.  I had only a few personal experiences with people who were demonized.  With one elderly woman we prayed and one by one Jesus casted out a half dozen or so demons--each with his own name, I might add.

The truth is that we "wrestle against such spiritual wickedness in high places" (Eph. 6:12).  It is part of our Christian walk of faith.

The world is filled with "spirits of antichrist."  Many Christians worship these spirits.  I cast out dozens and dozens of these spirits of antichrist on our bible-truth.com site, and many pastors, theologians, and Christians hate and despise me for doing it. They love these evil spirits. But always remember, that if you have the Spirit of God in you, then:

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world" (I John 4:3-4).

God be with you,

Ray

Arthyron

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:51:28 AM »

Yeah, it is still really a "concern" and is still performed.  According to the Vatican (not that I put stock in their methodology), the demand for and the number of exorcisms performed every year has steadily been increasing for a while now, which I don't doubt.

With the "Renaissance Era" style thinking, which focused on a materialist view (i.e. excluding the supernatural), it was in the best interests for our adversaries to stay out of the spotlight.  You can't just have a bunch of demon possessed people running around as things once were, as that would totally blow their cover. 

But now, since it's beginning to become an age of mysticism and superstition, of vague "spirituality," they can afford to be a bit more forthcoming, so I wouldn't be surprised if their manifestations are growing more and more common.  Now "Ghosts" and "Psychic Presences" and "Mediums" are all the rage (just look at the success of tv shows like "Ghost Hunters").  Times such as these are quite favorable for them.  Those that are convinced that the supernatural isn't real don't require much demonic influence to be led astray, and those that do believe in the supernatural are more and more common, and more likely to dabble/experiment with the paranormal.  Today's society is a veritable playground for them.  They can masquerade as the departed spirits of dead humans and cause trouble, they can mess with the people who meddle with Ouija boards and seiances and any number of other open doors into people's lives, and all the while hide their true identities and true purposes from everyone but the few faithful who know what they are and how to deal with them.

The case of schizophrenia of your friend's child is something I've contemplated too.  Sometimes I wonder if some mental disorders aren't really necessarily mental disorders, but possibly some people just being more sensitive or cognizant to what goes on "behind the scenes" in the spiritual realm.  I'm reminded of the passage in 2 Kings 6 when Elisha and his servant were in a city surrounded by enemy troops, and Elisha prayed that his servant's eyes be opened so that he could see the hundreds of chariots of fire surrounding the enemy forces, so that he would stop despairing.  Perhaps some people are born with their eyes more open for whatever purpose the Lord has for this.  Perhaps the voices they hear or things they see that are inaudible or invisible to most of us are sometimes not just figments of their imagination or the product of chemical imbalances,  perhaps they're really experiencing these things. 

Sometimes I have to wonder.  When my friend took psychology, she watched a video of a young boy said to be schizophrenic (he was about 5 years old), and he had to constantly be monitored and restrained, because the first chance he got he'd take up whatever weapon he could find and try to kill people.  He also said that the devil comes to him and tells him to hurt his family.  He doesn't respond to medication and they can't find any chemical imbalances or other biological problems.  I'm sorry...but there's definitely something spiritual going on there.

If you haven't read it, I'd recommend Malachi Martin's "Hostage to the Devil."  Mr. Martin is a former Jesuit teacher who taught at the Vatican for a number of years.  He went around and interviewed several official Catholic exorcists and the people they exorcized and compiled a lot of information and wrote detailed (and in places somewhat graphic, so be forewarned) accounts of their possessions and subsequent exorcisms.  Ray mentioned this book when he talked about exorcisms at one of the conferences.  He was also right to point out that the Catholic Rite of Exorcism is largely superstition and mummery, as Scripture gives a clear indication and directions for dealing with our spiritual adversaries, and the Catholic Rites take a lot of needless and dangerous steps.  But the book is interesting in that it has 5 very different cases of possession, and details how the demonic forces got a foothold in the lives of the individuals and sorta how they operate.

One should always take such accounts with a grain of salt, but for anyone who intends to be involved with active ministry, I think it's good information to consider.  One never knows when the Lord will call them to confront the demonic.

jackson

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »

In what scripture does it give "clear indications and directions for dealing with our spiritual adversaries"?  Must of missed it.

Jackson

Arthyron

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 06:34:19 PM »

They're in the midst of stories usually, but when you put all these together, you can see a pretty good indication of how we are and are not to approach them if it's the Lord's will that we must interact with them:

Mark9:14-32 -- Christ says that certain ones can only come out through prayer (and some manuscripts also add fasting)

Acts 19:13-16; -- Some Jews who weren't followers of Christ tried to invoke Christ's name and the demon didn't recognize their authority, as one must be under the new covenant of Christ to invoke cast them out in Christ's name.

Matthew 10:5-10 -- The authority to cast them out is given to the disciples.

Luke 10:1-24 -- Notice in verse 17, that the demons submit to them on the condition that it it's "in Christ's name."

Mark 9:38-41 -- A man is casting out demons in Christ's name and the Disciples try to stop him because he's not "one of them," but Christ rebukes them and says that someone who is able to cast out demons in His name cannot turn around and blaspheme or denegrate Him.

Matthew 7:21-23 -- This passage speaks of those who despite the miracles they perform and the good they do, are not approved by God and are told to depart from the Lord.  But it still rings true with all the other passages regarding the "process" of expelling demons.

So what we can see from Scripture is that they only unanimously submit to someone who is a true servant of Christ within whom the Holy Spirit resides.  There are other caveats, the most important being that we can NEVER cast them out under our own power and should NEVER try to.  On our own we are nothing, we have no power.  We must always cast them out in the name of Christ.  Only God has the power to remove these spirits from a person, never man.  So we must rely on Christ to work through us to accomplish this deed.

Another point of note is that Christ often silenced them before He cast them out (in one instance, the demon started to say who Christ was, and apparently Christ didn't want people to hear the demoniac proclaiming He was the Messiah).  I've heard all kinds of stories where self-proclaimed exorcists and "Deliverance" ministers have tried to hold a conversation with demons through a demoniac.  What a dangerous and needless waste of time!  Some people feel it is necessary to find out the demon's name before you cast it out (Ray's experience with the demonic involved this), but in Scripture this only occurred once (in the case where the demons were Legion, and Christ cast them out of the man and into the herd of pigs). 

So basically, all the superstitious and mystic rites that are commonly associated with exorcism are needless, non-Scriptural, and in many cases dangerous.  We must always invoke Christ and our covenant with Him as our authority and means for casting them out (as we have no authority on our own).  And sometimes it seems some only come out through intense prayer (and as some manuscripts say fasting as well).  And it seems silencing them and binding them through the same means is a good idea as demoniacs in Scripture were often very strong and very fierce (one of them beat up seven full grown men and left them naked and bleeding).

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 06:38:20 PM by Arthyron »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 06:42:21 PM »

"In Christs Name" does not mean repeating His Name.  It means living His life.

God made Satan and Satan is a perfect creation in Gods Plan. Satan is created to eat dust and he will dine on all carnanlity and all ideas that are contrary to the Sovereignty of God and in deep seated hatred against God the Father of Jesus Christ.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Arthyron

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 07:32:22 PM »

"In Christs Name" does not mean repeating His Name.  It means living His life.

God made Satan and Satan is a perfect creation in Gods Plan. Satan is created to eat dust and he will dine on all carnanlity and all ideas that are contrary to the Sovereignty of God and in deep seated hatred against God the Father of Jesus Christ.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Well of course, because invoking His name without living His life won't mean anything, just like the seven men in Acts 19.  Again, I wasn't saying that Christ's name is like a magic spell or incantation, but that it's only through His power and authority that we can affect them.

dewey

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »

my friends in Christ i just read your post on demon possession . arctursus you say , in Christ name does not mean repeating his name . that must be one of those things where i have to say in the eyes of the beholder . here is what works for me  , when i have a problem and it brothers me to the point of being stupid,when i get really scared an feel cowardless coming on ,when i drive across town and get cut of on the road and i have the urge to retalaite,when i have doubts whether a prayer has been answred. All these things are  real life happings for me . to emeatly resolve the sisuituion,i simply say in the name of Jesus Christ,get behind me satin, DONE and that is called faith.               This has nothing to do with this post just thought i would throw it, Jeses said i am love ,dewey says you gotts to tell somebody or they will never know. In Jesus Christ name paula and i love all people dewey                                                                                                     

jackson

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 01:44:35 PM »

This topic, I believe, is widely misunderstood.  Not only by theologicaly minded people but also and especially by those with little knowledge of the divine.  Both parties are, in my estimation, susceptible to Satans lies in this matter.  I am by no means an expert on this, however, something I noticed has me questioning the "traditional" thought.  I have read the same account in Matthew 8:28-34, Mark 5:1-20 and Luke 8:26-39 of the demoniac that Jesus healed.  Most every version portrays the unclean spirit possesing the man.  In the Concordant version, however, it is the man who is in possesion of the spirit.  This may be of little or no consequence but I have to wonder about the implications of two different readings.

I have wondered if a man can really be "possesed" by a demon or spirit.  I think that word gives off the wrong conotations.  Think about Job, God didn't give that much leway to Satan.  Didn't Paul say "you were bought at a price"(1Cor. 6:20).  That says to me that we (everyone) are Gods possesion.

This whole thing seems to me to be full of man made mysticism and conjecture.  Maybe were giving Satan a little too much credit.

On a side note...Why can't I find any occurances of demonic possesion in the OT?  Is it just not something they talked about or maybe it's a greek thing.  I don't know.

Jackson 

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 04:23:04 PM »

Hi Jackson,
Very interesting info here, I am interestede to see what version is correct here.   Do you remember the situation in the OT where Saul went to the witch ('Endora') and his life went quickly downhill from that point, even to his death?

jackson

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 06:55:09 PM »

Not to be misunderstood, I'm not trying to dicount the spirits running to and fro in this world, they are without doubt formidable.  But I don't see evidence of them having "possesive" powers over man.  We may be given over to them by God for sifting but we are still Gods.

As for the account of Saul and the witch, thats not really the same thing...Is it ???

skydreamers

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 08:33:07 PM »

This whole thing seems to me to be full of man made mysticism and conjecture.

I tend to agree with Jackson.  I think we have been inundated with so much babylonian untruths through history that today's understanding of what demons are is vastly distorted.  That is why I have a problem with seeing them as "beings".  It carries with it the idea that demons are some sort of celestial creatures that can "possess" or take over a human being....as in one "being" taking over another "being". 

Demons are unclean spirits and I don't think we can grasp with carnal minds what this means.  It may not make any difference calling them beings or not, but in my mind I see them as representing aspects of the carnal nature, which is why it is ONLY the nature of Jesus Christ that can get rid of them.  There are thousands of these aspects, some stronger than others that wreak havoc with our thinking and so yes, in that way, they can be powerful influences.  But as Jackson pointed out this is something entirely different than being "possessed".  That is how the KJV translates it but what they translate as demon possessed is actually one word:

daimonizomai (meaning to be under the power of a demon which is an unclean spirit)

There is some good research going on right now that is opening a whole new understanding of how our thoughts/words/perceptions alter what is happening with our bodies.  Thoughts and words create frequencies and vibrations and these have been shown to actually effect our DNA.  It is no wonder than that an unclean spirit affecting our thoughts in such a powerful way that this then manifests in our bodies as all sorts of physical and mental illnesses. 

This is why it is so important to make every thought captive to Christ.

We are destroying speculations (imaginations) and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,
2 Corinthians 10:5

This, I believe is what Dewey is doing when he calls out "get thee behind me Satan, in Jesus' name".....it's not the words so much (although the frequency of the sound of the words may indeed hold some effect) but more than that it causes his THOUGHTS to be directed to Christ and this creates a stronger frequency.  It is calling upon the Christ nature within to take your unclean thoughts captive. 

I have a personal experience within my family of someone having gone through a deliverance.  I can tell you, to the people present it was very real.  Strange voices, face altered, names being spouted out etc....I was told that the person being delivered (who is very close to me) was speaking Latin, a language that she does not know.  Now when I inquired as to whether there was anyone present who could speak Latin and could verify what was being said, the answer was no one.  So here's what I wonder, this friend grew up as a Catholic, and besides that in life we come into contact with so many various teachings and influences.  You don't have to be super knowledgeable about something to pick and retain in your deepest memory words or images that you link to something "evil".  The mind is an incredible thing.  They believed she was speaking Latin even though there was really no proof...how do they know she was not speaking gibberish? 

So, the deliverance was meant to heal her of a deep seated mental disorder which to this day she still has.  In fact, things got progressively worse right after this supposed deliverance. 

The danger I think, in these "deliverances" is in deepening these "mythological" ideas we have of demons and what kind of power they have.  No matter what these deliverance ministries do, they are NOT focusing on CHRIST but on the demons themselves.  Everybody knows and has experienced I'm sure, that the more we focus, think or mull over something negative the worse we feel!  Not to mention that fear is increased as the idea of there being various "entities" inside controlling you is creepy!  Rather than calling them out for the natures they are. 

This was quite a few years ago, but my friend has recently showed signs of improvement as she studies God's truth through His word and ongoing prayer of course.  The truth that God will save all has accomplished more in this girl's life than any so called deliverance procedure ever could.  And this because it is the NATURE of God's character through his son Jesus Christ that is being glorified!!  It's all in what NATURE you believe in.  And also, it's all in God's timing.

Believing and trusting in God's sovereignty, and meditating on this, creates a frequency within which brings with it healing, even if it is slow.  Repenting (changing your MIND) is what creates peace and healing ultimately.  Prayer also produces frequencies, and in prayer we are "tuning in" to God.  In prayer we are increasing the frequency of our spirit, the inner man, while decreasing the frequency of the flesh, the outer man. 

There are many unclean spirits within all of us that need casting out by the Spirit of Christ.  Anything that is contrary to the nature of Christ holds the nature of an unclean spirit.  Fear is the strongest frequency for negativity (the nature of unclean spirits).  But perfect Love (the nature of God) casts out fear.

And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease." While he was still speaking, there came from the ruler's house some who said, "Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?" But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, "Do not fear, only believe."
Mark 5:34-36

Peace and love,
Diana

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:40:14 PM by skydreamers »

musicman

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 09:40:39 PM »

I know one thing about demon possesion.  That is that I know nothing!!

However, I feel the need to chime in on the subject because I see a problem with how demon possesion has been dealt with.  First of all let's assume that these so called demonic influences are supernatural.  But what are they?  Are they really demons possesing and taking over someones' being?  Or are they mere deceptions of the devil?  Ray spoke of casting spirits out when he belonged to the ministry.  Where has all casting out of demons taken place?  In Babylon.  Who is deceived?  Why,. . . . Babylon is deceived.  And can the daughters of Babylon say anything in the name of Christ?  I don't think so.  It appears that the devil would be more than glad to obey the false christs.  I think that this is the same with so called "near death experiences".  How about all of the UFO sightings?  You think a priest would bother casting out ET?  I just wish I knew of scripture that revealed the truth about these weird phenomena.

Kat

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »

I do not have any personal experience with the demon possessed.  But it is a subject of interest, so I have looked to see what I could find in the Scripture.

an evil spirit, a demon, devils
G1140
daimonion 
a daemonic being; by extension a deity: - devil, god.

possessed with demon/devils
G1139
daimonizomai
to be exercised by a daemon: - have a (be vexed with, be possessed with) devil (-s).

There are 12 Scripture that refer to demon-possessed (1139): Matt. 4:24; 8:16; 8:28; 8:33; 9:32; 12:22  Mark 1:32; 5:15; 5:16; 5:18  Luke 8:36  John 10:21

Mat 8:16  When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed (1139). And He cast out the spirits with a word,

In this Scripture Christ 'cast out' the demon, a common term used which is ekballō - to eject (literally or figuratively): - bring forth, cast (forth, out), drive (out), expel, leave, pluck (pull, take, thrust) out, put forth (out), send away (forth, out).

Mat 17:18  And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.

Another interesting term used 'rebuked' which is epitimaō - to tax upon, that is, censure or admonish; by implication forbid: - (straitly) charge, rebuke.

To me both the terms cast out and rebuke sound like something you would use for a being.
These Scriptures below all speak of (G1140) daimonion. 
This verse sounds like it is speaking of a being, that would be subject to the disciples.

Luke 10:17  Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demon(1140) are subject to us in Your name."

These demons believe and tremble, how could that not be a type of being.

James 2:19  You believe that there is one God, you do well; even the demons(1140) believe and tremble.

Here Christ again rebuked the demons and would not allow them to speak.  They knew Christ, this is not talking about the person possessed.

Luke 4:41  And also demons (1140) came out of many, crying out and saying, You are the Christ, the Son of God! And rebuking them, He did not allow them to speak; for they knew Him to be the Christ.

Just some things I noticed in the Scripture and thought I would share.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 11:56:45 AM by Kat »

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 02:56:28 AM »

Great post Kat.......You always come through with scripture  ;)

Love you guys...John

hebrewroots98

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 08:56:53 AM »

Ok, I'll hush now on this subject; it seems that I am being 'tormented' by some 'force' (whatever 'it' is called) (by not having the answers here... :o ;))  I am out of my league here :D  I am just going to read on and learn ;)

Tooostep1955

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 10:52:27 AM »

Amen John! Kat is truly blessed with an abundance of faith based knowledge. Praise be to our Father God!

Hello Dautyz,

I've noticed you started this subject and many have given replies. I was wondering if you are at peace with the answer(s) you have been given, or are you still curious and need more help?

If in fact you'd like a little more input, then I will happily share with you what took me many years to learn...The real help for understanding 'all' questions and answers comes from "fervently" praying to our Father God - without any doubt in your heart, that He will, according to His will, give you understanding. As brother John pointed out, sister Kat has supplied some excellent scripture for you to study in ernest prayer. Do this and then you have the promise of our Holy Father to give His children that which is asked for, "according to His will."

1Jo 5:13  I wrote these things to you, the ones believing in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may believe in the name of the Son of God.
1Jo 5:14  And this is the confidence we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
1Jo 5:15  And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him. (Literal Translation of the Holy Bible)

Then my friend, most simply, if there were demon possessed people in the days that  our beloved Lord Jesus lived in the flesh, and He Himself tells us that the end age will be darker and more evil than ever before in the history of the earth, well that pretty much answers your question in of itself.

Mat 24:3  And as He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, Tell us, when will these things be? And, What is the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age? Mat 24:4  And answering, Jesus said to them, See that not any leads you astray.

Mat 24:21  For there will be great affliction, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever will be.
Mat 24:22  And except those days were shortened, not any flesh would be saved. But on account of the elect, those days will be shortened.
Mat 24:23  Then if anyone says to you, Behold, here is the Christ! Or, Here! Do not believe.
Mat 24:24  For false christs and false prophets will rise up. And they will give great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

(Literal Translation of the Holy Bible)

Praise be to God the Father, for He has given us power to endure until the end!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:55:05 AM by Tooostep1955 »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 05:10:30 PM »

Mark 12 : 29 The first and principal one of all commands is : HEAR, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord; 30 and  you shall love the Lord your God out of and with your whole heart and out of and with all your soul, your life and out of and with all your mind, with your faculty of thought andyour moral understanding and out of and with all your strength. This is the first and principle commandment.

There is a time and a place where we SHALL no longer fear God's adversary who God made to sift us and waste our carnality in purging trials that purify and judge us.

From LOF 3 http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html
JOHN THE BAPTIST: John the Baptist said that Jesus would be baptizing repentant believers with fire.

"I indeed baptize you with water unto REPENTANCE: but He that comes after me is mightier than I, Whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, AND WITH FIRE" (Matt. 3:11).

JESUS CHRIST:

"For EVERY ONE [sinner and saint] shall be salted with FIRE" (Mark 9:49).

APOSTLE PETER:

"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it [your faith] be TRIED IN THE FIRE, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (I Pet. 1:7).

APOSTLE PAUL:

"Every man’s work [including believers] shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE, and the FIRE shall try every man’s work of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3:13).

With such noble and august witnesses, does anyone deny that the repentant, converted, dedicated, believing Christian will escape being "revealed," tried," "salted," and "baptized" by FIRE? These Scriptures are undeniable! Whatever this "fire" is, it is going to be used ON EVERYONE. These four Scriptures have the believer specifically in view, but it says and includes "EVERYONE shall be salted with FIRE," and "EVERY MAN’S WORK ... shall be revealed by FIRE."

And there is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE when it comes to the non-believers:

From LOF 2 http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

It is SATAN who was created from his very beginning to be "the WASTER to DESTROY" men’s flesh (carnal mindedness) so that they learn not to blaspheme (I Tim. 1:20). Satan started with Adam and Eve and he isn’t finished YET! unquote....

Our Lord is One and there is NON beside HIM.  It is the Sovereign Lord, the Almighty One, who is in control and to whom all authority in heaven and on earth is given. It is His counsel that stands and it is His Will that is performed all to His pleasure as He has purposed.

HE ( Jesus Christ the Son of God ) is and will continue to be in PERFECT CONTROL OF ALL THINGS and there is not one thing that occurs not one demon action that happens that He has lost sight of or missed - not for one moment.  By His Spirit we see and hear and accomplish that for which He has set us to do and become as we undergo trials and tribulations dragging us into His Kingdom!

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:12:12 PM by Arcturus »

Abed

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »

Hi everyone, I have been going through this demon possession thread and frankly it's a subject that require more insight perhaps from Ray. I come from Africa, particularly Ghana, and this demon possession ministry is very prevalent. I have heard strange stories as well from people who had witnessed these type of "deliverances" and boy is it weird. Infact all life problems have their source in demons.. not getting a job, not finding a marriage partner, promotion,just to name a few. Unemployment, business problems, family problems, distrust. People go and meet with a counselor for a half hour, talking about where the sources of this spiritual problem might be coming from. Maybe they have a jealous relative, or someone who had hatred towards them in their family.  They tell all these to the minister for deliverance. My elder brother who is a "born again" is very much into this deliverance business and they go about casting out demons. They tell me I am confused and sometimes you need to fight these demons. Interestingly these ministers can manipulate these spirits and cast them out during an all night deliverance session. I know we wrestle not against flesh and blood but these type of deliverance sessions is practiced all over pentecostal churches both in Africa and here in the States. I would hope God willing, Ray could shed some light on this topic if God has shown him some revelation if time permits.
What is the scriptural significance? Is this a new phenomenon or does the scriptures encourages the "believer" to cast out demons at will.

God bless

Kat

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 06:28:37 PM »

Hi Abed,

If you would like a reply from Ray directly, you need to email him with your question.  His email address is at the bottom of the page at BT site.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 23 queries.