bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Motives are quite transparent  (Read 5065 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Motives are quite transparent
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:29:58 PM »

> Ray,
> Additionally, I read in your response to an email that Jesus spoke in parables
> so the disciples would be the only persons understanding the truth. That
> doesn't make sense, Ray. Jesus said, when asked by the disciples that he spoke
> in parables to meet people at their level of understanding. I can however, see
> how such a statement would benefit you as an individual. After reading your
> emails, I have discerned that you are quite interested in having others view you
> as the holder of the truth, along with the power that position entails. As a
> mental health professional, let me tell you, your motives are quite transparent.

Dear George:  You state: "Jesus said, when asked by the disciples that He spoke in parables to meet people at their level of understanding."  Oh really?  And do you have chapter and verse on that unscriptural nonsense? No, your are totally wrong and in complete contradiction to what Jesus said when asked why He spoke in parables:

Mat 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speak Thou unto them in parables?

Mat 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Now then, did Jesus say what you said?  No, I think not. Notice the words regarding why Jesus spoke in parables:  "...but to them IT IS NOT GIVEN."  Do you see the words "to meet their level of understanding" anywhere in Matt. 13?  I realize that the Truth "doesn't make sense to you," George, but that IS what Jesus stated, nonetheless.

And are you so totally inept in your discernment that you think I am looking for "power and position?"  Are you CRAZY?  I have no following. I pastor no church.  I collect no tithes or personal finances from my readers. I charge for nothing. We sell nothing. I am despised by hundreds of thousands of Christians.  Just where might I ask, George, is all the "POWER AND POSITION?"

What is clearly "transparent," George, is your mean-spirited ignorance and holier-than-thou attitude.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.