bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unpardonable Sin?  (Read 4126 times)

hillsbororiver

Unpardonable Sin?
« on: January 03, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »

From time to time this subject comes up and I myself have thought I was suffering from the consequences of this act, I came across an old "Email to Ray" that provides scriptural comfort to those who might classify themselves as "unsavable."

I know most of us here believe God will save everyone eventually but I am sure there are also newer members and guests who cannot shake some despair over their past or current spiritual state, I am posting this in the hope it will provide some comfort for anyone who may be hurting.

http://bible-truths.com/unpardon.html

[Ray answers a young man's concerned he committed the Unpardonable Sin]

Dear Kevin:

Thank you for your email and comments. Part of the reason you feel so bad about your sinful condition is because of the false teachings you undoubtedly received as a youngster.

The Bible speaks of the "foolishness of youth," so it should not be surprising that as youths we all have done stupid and foolish things--God expects it.  However, when God reveals Truth to us, those feelings of guilt are designed to TURN US AROUND and go a different direction.  A guilty conscience is one of the worst things we can carry around with us.

Many people speak of the "UNpardonable sin" as thought the Scriptures actually spoke of such a thing. They DO NOT! There is no such thing as an "unpardonable sin" in the Bible.

Well, then, what about Matt. 12:-31-32? Let's read it in a proper translation: 

"Therefore I am saying to you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be pardoned men, yet the blasphemy of the spirit shall not be pardoned." 

It certainly SOUNDS like the blasphemy of God's spirit is an unpardonable sin, doesn't it? Let's continue reading:

"And whosoever may be saying a word against the Son of Man, it will be pardoned him, yet whoever may be saying against the holy spirit, it shall not be pardoned him, [ever? continue reading...] neither in THIS EON [age] nor in that [age] which is IMPENDING."

Now then, does it really say this sin is UNPARDONABLE?  It is only unpardonable "in this age" and also "in the age to come [the impending age]." So it doesn't say it will NEVER be pardoned--only in this and the coming age will it NOT be pardoned. 

What about the age AFTER the coming age?  Ah, there is the answer. We live in what the Bible calls "this present wicked age." But the age to come is the ONE THOUSAND year reign of Christ in His kingdom on this earth. The sin against the holy spirit will not be pardoned in either of these two ages. When then? The age AFTER these two ages. After the one thousand year reign of Christ comes the white throne judgment in which ALL the unbelievers of the world will be judged. Judging has to do with setting things RIGHT, not condemning to some fabled hellhole of eternal torture in fire.

In Rev. 20 and 21 we read of God's purging lake of fire which will deal with all unbelievers and their sins. There will be many there who have blasphemed the holy spirit. But in that age of judging and setting right, even they will receive pardon and salvation. It is God's will and desire to save ALL MANKIND (I Tim. 2:4). And God will certain fulfill ALL THAT HE HAS PURPOSED (Isaiah 46:10-11).

But the main thing I would tell you, Kevin, is that if you FEAR that you might have committed this sin, it is actually evidence THAT YOU HAVE NOT committed this sin. Those who blaspheme the holy spirit HAVE NO CONSCIENCE about their sin and therefore don't even care. Since you care and are concerned it is proof that God has given you a heart that wants to do right. So follow God's leadings in your life and these feelings of guilt will leave you.

In the near future I will have a paper on the Lake of Fire posted on my site explaining these verses in Revelation that the world of Christendom have perverted to make it appear that God is going to torture most of His children in fire for all eternity. Nothing could be further from the truth.

May God be with you!

Sincerely,

Ray

gmik

Re: Unpardonable Sin?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 06:18:16 PM »

Great Reminder Joe.

Alex, this should help you too. (and all of us)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 07:09:26 PM »

A word fitly spoken (once again)...thank you Joe!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »

Thank you Gena and Susan,

Yes it was my hope this would give some comfort to Alex and a few others who are experiencing some anxiety in their journey, I know this has helped me through the trials we all must face from time to time as we die to our carnal natures bit by bit, day by day.

Isa 40:1  Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

Mat 7:12  Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Rom 15:4  For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

Gal 6:10  As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. 

1Th 5:11  Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Peace,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.