bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Been  (Read 5633 times)

NinjaDay

Has Been
« on: January 03, 2008, 11:12:29 AM »

Hey everyone,
I used to read Ray's stuff all the time and i truly believed it. I was really enjoying the spirit. I am 22 years old right now and at the time i had just turned 21 and got heavily into drinking and drugs again. now almost 2 years later and 2 DUIs later I find myself at a spiritual loss.I was a pretty belligerent person at this time. i feel as though i will never ever be back where i was before with God, that i have lost my "saltiness" and I will just be trampled on by men now. Am i stuck in limbo here between knowing and doing?

peace, Erich

Kat

Re: Has Been
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 11:39:22 AM »

Hi Erich,

What's done is done, repent and move forward.

Eze 14:6  "Therefore say to the house of Israel, "Thus says the Lord GOD: "Repent, turn away from your idols, and turn your faces away from all your abominations.

I don't think you have not lost the things you have already learned, maybe they need to be refreshed.  The more time you spend in studying God's Word the less time you will have for bad behavior  ;)

2Ti 2:15  Study earnestly to present yourself approved to God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dch1

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 02:31:17 PM »

You are never a has been. How could you say such a thing. You are the anointed of Jesus. You are a chosen one. Remember from where you have fallen and repent. Start building your spiritual house on the Rock and count it all joy that God orchestrated events that led to your making a conscience decision to come to him fully in truth and spirit. Jesus knew what it would take. remember he knows the end in the very beginning. Jesus bless you.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »

Hey NinjaDay

It appears to me that you are at the right place at the right time! ;D

I do not believe that anything that you have experienced or been through will prove to be in vain. You have direct experience of what you have suffered and surely this is caused by the Lord who is making you into His Image to serve and be useful to Him and others. There is no service in finding a found sheep but a lost one, who is hurting and crying now that is valuable but you have to know what hurt is to be useful don't you think?

God has a Plan. Welcome back to the Forum my friend. It is wonderful that you are here!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »

Hey NinjaDay,
Welcome BACK to the forum;  You are back for a reason (hopefully to never leave again?)  We need you here brother just as much as you need us!  I agree dch1; you are NEVER A HAS BEEN around here Ninjaday and especially not with THE SAVIOUR whose precious blood literally covers your sins every day.  Good is in your mind 24/7, just as evil is in your mind 24/7...NOW, WHICH ONE WILL ENTER  AND RULE YOUR HEART EACH DAY????  THE CHOICE IS YOURS ONLY.  ;)   

Shalom brother!
blessings,
Susan

gmik

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 06:06:56 PM »

Welcome Ninja Day.  I agree w/ all who posted you.

On a different note:  If you heard on the news, a 24 year old driving the wrong way hit a van and killed 5 people on the freeway outside of Toledo Oh.  He was drunk as a skunk.  Well, I live in Adrian, Mich. where this man is from.  He lives around the block about 1/2 mile up.  He is 24 and his life is ruined.  The 5 people (including a 2 mo. old) are dead.  The remaining family(including the husband)-well, their lives are changed forever!

If for no other reason to not drink/drugs- this one is it!

Yes, I know this was all in God's plan...but still----stay in the Word, on the BT site and on this forum-maybe it will help you not stray back.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »

How tragic!!!  Great advice Gena! :)

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 08:45:49 PM »

What makes you think that what you have done ....is so unforgivable.....
God is a God of infinite Mercy.....

but our pea brains can comprehend this so Jesus made it a little simpler for those who can not count that high

(Mat 18:21 KJVR)  Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?

(Mat 18:22 KJVR)  Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

I hope you don't "get back to where you were"......We all hope you will go on to maturity

Beloved

Matt

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »

Here is an e-mail I found that reminds me of your situation, I hope it helps a bit :)

The question here is: Everytime I sin, I ask forgiveness and repent. I feel that it's not working (repenting, asking forgiveness, etc). Am I doing something wrong?

[Ray Replies]

Dear Jeff:

Unfortunately, there is not a magic bullet that will instantly clean us of all sin and bad habits. Even the physical analogies of this spiritual washing, purging, and cleaning of our carnality, indicate that time is required. It takes time to wash clothing, it takes time to purify gold and silver in a furnace, etc.

The penalty of sin issue can be settled in your heart and mind the instant you come to realize that Jesus PAID IN FULL the penalty for your sins and all the sin of the world. However, paying the penalty for sin does not instantly PURGE AND WASH US CLEAN OF SIN. The penalty is paid, but the condition lingers.

The more you SEE your sins and shortcomings, the more you will DESIRE to rid yourself of these things. We are crucified WITH CHRIST, yet we live, but the life we live is one of OVERCOMING THE SINS FOR WHICH WE AND CHRIST DIED FOR.

We have been HAND-PICKED by God to be in His kingdom. Now we must go through the training course that He has set before us.  Jesus said that He overcame THE WORLD. We too are to overcome THE WORLD. It's a HUGE task, that requires the power of SPIRIT to accomplish. 

Don't become discouraged in well-doing. You will triumph in Christ if you have His spirit working in you. God will even give you the DESIRE to want to do right and be right.

This life is a life of SPIRITUAL WARFARE. There will be many battles before the final victory. So we must endure and we must overcome. For those whom God has chosen, this will be accomplished!

God be with you,

Ray

I pray that you have peace and are able to move forward with confidence and strength!
Matt

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 09:37:04 PM »

AMEN Matthew

We have been HAND-PICKED by God to be in His kingdom. Now we must go through the training course that He has set before us.  Jesus said that He overcame THE WORLD. We too are to overcome THE WORLD. It's a HUGE task, that requires the power of SPIRIT to accomplish. 

Don't become discouraged in well-doing. You will triumph in Christ if you have His spirit working in you. God will even give you the DESIRE to want to do right and be right.

This life is a life of SPIRITUAL WARFARE. There will be many battles before the final victory. So we must endure and we must overcome. For those whom God has chosen, this will be accomplished
!

I forgot about this email, it says it all .....

beloved

brandon h

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »

AMEN Matthew

This life is a life of SPIRITUAL WARFARE. There will be many battles before the final victory. So we must endure and we must overcome. For those whom God has chosen, this will be accomplished
!

I forgot about this email, it says it all .....

beloved

I believe this is an encouraging e-mail for us all

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 01:50:50 AM »

AMEN!  ;D

gmik

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 09:23:23 PM »

Hey Erich, what say you??  Hope you are taking everyones advice ;) and are doing much better.

Let us know!  We care about you!  Its true!

Arthyron

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 02:15:34 AM »

Also something to note (sorry if it's already been addressed), the fact that you feel remorse for your actions and desperately want to cease them and to do what is right shows that you have the Spirit within you convicting and calling you. 

Remember that the Lord does not abandon His own.

Samson

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 10:11:38 AM »

Hello and Welcome Erich,

Glad you are here, May I share a few Scriptures with you for encouragement, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans.3:23; " I tell you that thus there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous ones who have no need of repentance" Luke.15:7; " But the tax collecter standing at a distance was not willing even to raise his eyes heavenward, but kept beating his breast, saying 'O God, be gracious to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his home proved more righteous than that man; because everyone that exlts himself will be humiliated, but he that humbles himself will be exalted" Luke.18:13,14. See the following: Isaiah.1:18, Romans.5:8, 1Timothy.1:12-16, 2Cor.7:8-11(Saddened in a Godly way to repentance) and Matthew. 21:28-32. Hope these Scriptures are encouraging and helpful to you, they were definitely helpfull to me, when I looked them up this morning. Remember Erich that we all struggle with sin in varying degrees. It's Gods Will that all of us will be corrected, refined, purified and eventually all of his children will be saved, thats his will and plan. Everything in this created Universe is contigent upon that initial cause (God, YHWH, the one who causes to become, the first cause). Those who aren't huimble, God has a plan for them too, See the account at Daniel. 4:30-37(Nebuchadnezzar being made humble and giving God the credit). Have a good day and hope to hear more of your comments, Sincerely, Samson(Brad).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.