bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NLP and the Bible  (Read 4725 times)

Fabruk

NLP and the Bible
« on: January 03, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »

Hi guys,
I have always been fascinated about how our mind works and for a time now I have really been reading about Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP). I read a few articles on the subject but I would like to ask if there is any "Christ minded" people who can tell me if NLP and its practices is wrong for us. I'm reading the book called The great psychologist who ever lived (which was Jesus) by Mark W. Baker and I am loving it.
I know that some practices of NLP like hypnoses maybe be wrong. When I was a religious Christian I was told in the church that hypnoses is letting the door open to possession of the devil. But then, they taught me so many rubbish that I need to learn what is right all over again. I also would like to study Psychology but again I was told that it would extinguish my faith.
Is there anyone who can help me to understand this in the Bible Truth way?
Thanks and God Bless

Beloved

Re: NLP and the Bible
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:03 PM »

::) NLP  ::)  Psychology and Philosophy are worldly views and are constantly reinventing themselves so they can continue to cajole and mess with people's minds. I personally have no interests in these kinds of things anymore.  :P

2Ti 3:6  For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women (spiritual Eves) laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

Phi 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Phi 1:27  Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Beloved 

musicman

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 09:51:08 PM »

Can it program my brain to make me want to go to work?
Can it make my bed hideously uncomfortable when my alarm sounds?
Can such suggestion make ice cream taste like bile?

If so, where can I sign up?

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:33:07 AM »

Musicman you are a hoot! ;D ;D

Fabio, Diana was talking about a similar thing on the #11 thread by Hebrewroots.  There are syntax in our DNA...well, I can't remember.

My son graduated in psychology and is now getting his masters in school psychology.  Altho he loves the field, he has sounded a lot like Beloved.  He had to know when to keep his thoughts to himself in class. But I don't think that just the study of it would cause you to lose your faith!!

Motive??  Is it all vanity?  Why are you interested??  You know, ask yourself those kinds of things before moving on. 

I don't know the book you refer to but I think Paul is an awesome psychologist,too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.