bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you know?  (Read 4287 times)

Matt

Did you know?
« on: January 04, 2008, 03:18:04 AM »

-Canada is an Indian word meaning "Big Village."

-A mathematical wonder: 111,111,111 multiplied by 111,111,111 gives the result 12,345,678,987,654,321.

-If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

-No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.

-Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down — hence the expression "to get fired."

-There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.

-Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles

-Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2nd, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.

-"I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

-The term "the whole 9 yards" came from WWII fighter pilots in the South Pacific. When arming their airplanes on the ground, the .50 caliber machine gun ammo belts measured exactly 27 feet, before being loaded into the fuselage. If the pilots fired all their ammo at a target, it got "the whole 9 yards."

-The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

gmik

Re: Did you know?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »

Neat info.

I can use a few in school.

I love that 11 thing.  Cool. :D

hillsbororiver

Re: Did you know?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 09:01:51 PM »

-"I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

The shortest but yet perhaps the most potent!

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Thanks for the trivia Matthew, I love that stuff.

Peace,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 16 queries.