bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some verses concerning divorce(no not for me)  (Read 8025 times)

Rui

Need some verses concerning divorce(no not for me)
« on: January 05, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »

I do believe there are so few exceptions to divorce i know by God's inspiration most of it just dont have the biblical references:(
do not need examples just biblical verses so that i may meditate on them and have God show me at the level of understanding he wants for me for his will is my desire.......................................................................................Thank you for your help in advance......

Sensiblement_présent.........Rui

hillsbororiver

Re: Need some verses concerning divorce(no not for me)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »

Hi Rui,

Here is some information on divorce from Jesus, the Old Covenant or should I say Mosaic Law allowed for a man to divorce his wife for any reason, he only had to provide a letter of divorce, of course there were other obligations as well, but for me the most important admonition would be from our Lord as He presented the New (albeit more difficult, or exacting) Covenant.

Mat 5:31  It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

Mat 5:32  But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Mat 19:3  The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

Mat 19:4  And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Mat 19:5  And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh

Mat 19:6  Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mat 19:9  And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Paul writes of this as well;

1Co 7:10  And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

1Co 7:11  But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

1Co 7:12  But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

1Co 7:13  And the woman which hath a husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

1Co 7:14  For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

1Co 7:15  But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

1Co 7:16  For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

I hope this helps a bit.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 04:57:26 PM by hillsbororiver »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 04:59:52 PM »

Here are some more Scriptures Rui.

Romans 16 : 17
1 Cor 1 : 10
1 Cor 3 : 3
Ehp 5 : 22-29

The above should be read with the awareness and application to http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD

I do not know if the person you are acquiring this information for is serious enough to study in order to try to understand what God says or if they just want a quick fix. There is no quick fix.

Hope this helps

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

Bradigans

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »

In response to this question, I would like to ask what is the definition of a wife or husband scripturally?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 03:16:43 PM »

Hello Bradigans

The answer to your question is answered in the paper titled WHAT IS MARRIAGE?  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=5b27gsf3kehlal5qcp6le2hq17&topic=5675.0

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Bradigans

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:00:42 PM »

Now i don't want to get into trouble with this. This was a hot potato around this time last year if any of you remember. I'm going to ask this last question however.

Is marriage more than a formality that folks (THE WORLD) goes through.

IN HIS LOVE

Bradigans

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 08:19:20 PM »

Now i don't want to get into trouble with this. This was a hot potato around this time last year if any of you remember. I'm going to ask this last question however.

Is marriage more than a formality that folks (THE WORLD) goes through.

IN HIS LOVE
- Matthew 24:38 - For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The world back then thought they were doing the right thing too!!!

Kat

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »

Hi Bradigans,

Ray gave a Bible study on this subject last Feb.
It has a lot of info and Scripture. 
Here is an excerpt with one point of many, from the transcript.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5675.0.html ---

Heb 13:4  Marriage (matrimony)  is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled; but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Marriage would probably been better translated matrimony, that is actually the marriage state, when a couple are married and living together as husband and wife.  That institution there, matrimony.  But notice what He contrast it with…matrimony is honorable, what is matrimony?  It’s somebody who went through a wedding with exchanging of vows and forming a covenant. 
What if you don‘t do that?  What about people who say, ‘well, I just want to live together and have sex and never get married.’  They never commit and they say, ‘I don‘t want a piece of paper, she knows I love her.’  Yea well you just keep telling yourself that and maybe she doesn’t know that, maybe you’ve halfway convinced her. 
Notice what He contrast it with…… matrimony.  The marriage institution is honorable and the bed undefiled - having sex together as a husband and wife.  The word undefiled, that’s kind of a semi-negative to me, the word is pure.  Why put undefiled?  The word is pure.  The marriage bed between a husband and wife is pure in God’s eyes.  It’s pure to have sex with your wife or your mate, that’s pure. 

But notice what the opposite is, if it’s not marriage,  “…but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.”  If you are not in matrimony in your wedding bed, what does God consider you?  A whoremonger and a adulterer.  Now do I need to read Rev. 21:8, “All whoremongers will find their place in the Lake of fire.”  Is that not clear enough there?  People don’t put these things together.  If you are not married, but you live together, you are a whoremonger and adulterer. 

So how important is this ‘piece of paper’ as people like to spit it out.  It’s very important.  Not that the piece of paper itself is necessarily important.  But what the piece of paper represents, a formal ceremony in public with witnesses, making a contract through nuptial oaths in agreement to be a husband and wife, that’s very important to God.  Very important.
--------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link to the audio:
http://bible-truths.com/audio/marriage1.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/marriage2.mp3

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Bradigans

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »

The marriage bed between a husband and wife is pure in God’s eyes.  It’s pure to have sex with your wife or your mate, that’s pure.

Even if you're unequally yoked?

- 2 Corinthians 6:14 - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Will God put a stamp of approval on something like this because of something we call holy matrimony?

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »

The marriage bed between a husband and wife is pure in God’s eyes.  It’s pure to have sex with your wife or your mate, that’s pure.

Even if you're unequally yoked?

- 2 Corinthians 6:14 - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Will God put a stamp of approval on something like this because of something we call holy matrimony?

Kat gave you a reply in Ray's words.  If you you want, then question him.  Nobody here speaks for him.

Per Forum Rules
If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

Craig

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 09:41:30 AM »

1Co 7:10  And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

1Co 7:11  But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

1Co 7:12  But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

1Co 7:13  And the woman which hath a husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

1Co 7:14  For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

1Co 7:15  But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

1Co 7:16  For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

Bradigans

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 10:15:16 AM »

- 1 Corinthians 7:12 - But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

I believe with the underlined statement of Paul, he is making reference to what follows in the rest of the text. This is his own personal advice. But, remember even with this, he says, first and foremost God has called us to peace.

- 1 Corinthians 7:15 - But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

- 1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.