bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie glad to be here  (Read 4933 times)

onelovedread

Newbie glad to be here
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »

Just thought I'd share greetings.
The first time I stumbled on Ray's site, I thought he was the biggest heretic.
But God brought about circumstances that led me to a second look, and a realization that here was truth.
I read many of his lessons in one sitting and have continued to study. I've sent him a couple of emails and he has been humble, prompt and courteous in his response.
Then I found this forum and have been a frequent visitor.
I am so thankful to be a part of you guys and am comforted that there are any of us who are united in thought and in spirit. I look forward to sharing and growing with you.
Thank you.

Kat

Re: Newbie glad to be here
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:55:47 PM »

Hi onelovedread,

I glad you have joined us  :)
I have been reading the articles at BT for over 2 years now and I can still go there and have truth revealed to me every time. 
Ray is a very nice person, I'm glad to see you recognized that, he's always willing help somebody with a sincere question. 
It is such a blessing to have all the like minded brethren to discuss things with.  I hope you will join in with the fellowship that we have here soon. 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 06:06:57 PM by Kat »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 05:11:07 PM »

Welcome onelovedread! 
so glad you gave Bt/truth and those of us at the forum a second chance; God put you here, for that we are very glad!  Where are you from?  I'm in West Texas ;D,
shalom!
Susan

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 05:30:27 PM »

Hello onelovedread

It is quite amazing that at first glance some people see Ray's teachings as heretical. I did not know the Truth and when I first read it,and when I did I was overjoyed.

Welcome to the Forum

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »

Hi onelovedread,

Welcome to the Forum, there is certainly a lot of material to digest on Bible Truths, if we can be of any help in clarifying any of the points made in the articles please do not hesitate to ask!

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

rjsurfs

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 07:50:11 PM »

Welcome!

You said:
But God brought about circumstances...

Always so true.

Bobby

onelovedread

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »

Thank you, all.
I feel a sense of belonging and of walking in fellowship with you all, my brethren.
I am from the New York area. Initially I lived in Brooklyn and attended a popular mega church. When I moved to Bronx, I found a small "community type fellowship". While attending the Sunday school sessions before services, I often found myself in conflict with the teachers on the material being taught. But even though I was not in agreement, God seems to have use it for good as I was introduced to the Concordant version of the bible, and I began to have all my traditional beliefs shaken up. I now began to hear new words like 'eons', and looked at what the Word truly said about "hell", the "trinity" "tithing" and other stuff like that. And that turned out to be the beginning of my new journey to bible truth. That small church in my opinion has a portion of the truth but then got bogged down in cultural and denominational tradition. After a while I had to leave, but I occasionally visit to keep myself in love and out of resentment, and because I still consider tham as my brethren in Christ.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »

I used to visit the Church at Farm Street Mayfair in London. It was a tradition in my family that we followed when we were in England. This tradition had a pull on my "heart strings" and only now have they finally been severed.  For me it was not a snap change but a gradual one.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

pylady

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »

Hi Onelovedread,

Welcome from another New Yorker - an upstater that is  ;).  My husband is from Brooklyn.

We're all students of the Word here, and have learned much via Ray Smith's teachings.  God has truly blessed him with understanding and thus us.

Your sister in Christ,

Cindy  :)

gmik

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:50:06 PM »

Hi and Welcome!

I am glad to hear your testimony.  I had my son visit BT site and he thought the same thing about Ray and his teaching.  YOu have given me hope that my son can try it again-if the Lord drags him!

chav

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 06:21:39 AM »

Hi Onelovedread
welcome to the forum
Like you I had a similar experience when encountering Ray's site for the first time , I dismissed it out of hand (crazy stuff) then I happened on it somehow a couple of years later. This time my eyes were opened  and I haven't been the same since.
I still have so much to learn and unlearn but I believe I am getting there with the help of the material here.
all the best

Dave UK

Matt

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 12:38:08 AM »

Welcome Onelovedread!

You are so right about Ray.  I could tell right away from hi response that he was full of love, truth, and sincerity (and fast too!).

I grew up on the border of Elizabeth and Newark, NJ and I am very familiar with your area.
I remember parking on Jerome Ave as a kid and walking to Yankee Stadium for the games!

Once again, welcome and I hope to hear more from you!

Matt

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.