bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man Sees 'Mark of the Beast'; Cuts Off, Microwaves Hand  (Read 7923 times)

Bill

Man Sees 'Mark of the Beast'; Cuts Off, Microwaves Hand
« on: January 09, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »

HAYDEN, Idaho —  A man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said.

The man, in his mid-20s, was calm when Kootenai County sheriff's deputies arrived Saturday in this northern Idaho town. He was in protective custody in the mental health unit of Kootenai Medical Center.

"It had been somewhat cooked by the time the deputy arrived," sheriff's Capt. Ben Wolfinger said. "He put a tourniquet on his arm before, so he didn't bleed to death. That kind of mental illness is just sad."

It was not immediately clear whether the man has a history of mental illness. Hospital spokeswoman Lisa Johnson would not say whether an attempt was made to reattach the hand, citing patient confidentiality.

The Book of Revelation in the New Testament contains a passage in which an angel is quoted as saying: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink the wine of God's fury."

The book of Matthew also contains the passage: "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for you whole body to do into hell."

Wolfinger said he didn't know which hand was amputated.

Sorin

Re: Man Sees 'Mark of the Beast'; Cuts Off, Microwaves Hand
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 09:45:08 PM »

Wow! That's insane! I blame Christianity!

Little Joe

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 12:13:34 AM »

Wow! That's insane! I blame Christianity!

I blame Babylon!  ;)

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 12:35:07 AM »

:D Lets see, can I blame .....satan????  voices in his head?????....or come on now folks....the Will of God???

Little Joe

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 11:44:02 AM »

:D Lets see, can I blame .....satan????  voices in his head?????....or come on now folks....the Will of God???

You got me!  My carnal thinking keeps forgetting that God is in control!  Thank you Gena for reminding us of this truth!  :)

Samson

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 01:56:58 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Wow thats horrifying, my wife works at a mental health facility for the State of New Jersey, maybe that guy was many cards short of a full deck. Just a thought, the first thing that popped in my head was the Account in Luke about the guy that was possessed by Legion, this guy would break the chains and fetters that bound him, the guy was naked, hanging out among the tombs. Luke.8:26-39
Of course consider the horrible atrosities Mankind inflicts and has inflicted on each other, ( The Holocast, The Catholic Inquisition, John Calvin watching from a window as Michael Servetus was being roasted alive for his disbelief in the Trinity and the list goes on) Fear and Fanaticism reaching its' ultimate conclusion. People don't need to watch horror movies, just read the Newspaper, I just read the other day about some guy that threw his four children, all under four years old, from the top of a bridge, in order to get even with his wife, that definitely sickened me. I have two daughters, so I can't understand how anyone does such terrible things to their children.   " We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one". 1John.5:19.   Have a good weekend everyone and God bless, Samson

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 04:36:56 PM »

Hello BK

What a tragic act of blindness and deception!

As I read your post it brought to mind the fact that those who see, comprehend, teach or believe that the Word of God is LITERAL and not Spiritual ARE in fact also mentally ill! The response by the Medical fraternity was correct and proper to conclude that acting out the belief that the Word of God is literal, is in fact INSANE.

Why then do the followers of the false teaching of Hell also not see they are ill and sick in their minds TO BELIEVE in HELL or that God will not save all? NOT TO BELIEVE means they are blind and of an unsound mind.  This is in the Plan of God. Until they are shown the Truth of their illness which for now they do not see or believe, they will continue to believe that God is unable or unwilling to save all and they will continue in their torments, blasphemous thinking and behaving in error.

Peace be to you

Arcturus. :)

musicman

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 12:24:09 PM »

Well, the man was right about one thing.  He did bare the mark of the beast.  Unfortunatelly, he still has it.

Hope somebody will give him a hand. . . .  by showing him the truth.

brandon h

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 11:57:34 PM »

Hello BK

What a tragic act of blindness and deception!

As I read your post it brought to mind the fact that those who see, comprehend, teach or believe that the Word of God is LITERAL and not Spiritual ARE in fact also mentally ill! The response by the Medical fraternity was correct and proper to conclude that acting out the belief that the Word of God is literal, is in fact INSANE.

Why then do the followers of the false teaching of Hell also not see they are ill and sick in their minds TO BELIEVE in HELL or that God will not save all? NOT TO BELIEVE means they are blind and of an unsound mind.  This is in the Plan of God. Until they are shown the Truth of their illness which for now they do not see or believe, they will continue to believe that God is unable or unwilling to save all and they will continue in their torments, blasphemous thinking and behaving in error.

Peace be to you

Arcturus. :)

Well said Arc. According to christendom what this man did was obey the word!! It's exposure of the sickness and perversion of what they teach. Yet, they don't even see what they teach. Blessed is the day of the fullnes of God.

God Bless

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 01:44:18 AM »

Right brandon h and thank you.

We should not live by the law of any literal scripture. Next thing the man will do is take out his own eyes or maybe he had a problem in deciding which to do first :(  So much for what Christianity teaches!

Heb 10 : 38 But the just shall live by faith.

There is so much to understand in the Scriptures but Christiandom neither understands God or His Power. They know only OF God. I believe one of the plagues of Babylon is insanity.

Is it not wonderful that here via BT, we have the precious tools and insights to know His Word given by His Spirit via Ray Smith.  8)

Peace to you brother

Arcturus :)

joyful1

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 09:46:40 AM »

Arcturus--
Actually, my husband and I know of a young man, the son of a close friend, who gouged out both of his own eyes because he believed that the scriptures were literally speaking to him about his physical eyes!  It was SOOO sad....he did the first one and was of course confined for observation in a mental health clinic....given medication and counseling and sent home with his dad....where after, I think about a year, did the other eye! The young man was, I believe, mildly retarded to begin with, but listened to "preaching" and read the Word of God himself.  His father is a professing Christian but was totally shaken to the core when his son did these things!  I still don't know how to respond to such things....I struggle with these things being the will of God! I honestly do...but there is no other logical answer!
Joyce

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 02:31:41 PM »

That is so sad.

God's ways are not our ways. One day we will know the difference and will no longer be the cause of harm either to ourselves or to others.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »

... That kind of mental illness is just sad.  ...

Which one is the happy mental illness ?

musicman

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »

... That kind of mental illness is just sad.  ...

Which one is the happy mental illness ?

The one that gets ya layed alot.

dewey

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 12:42:20 AM »

hey musicman , I have to say that i believe you are correct and also i ., saw what some of these people did to there self . I emediately thought to my self , I will be da--d be fore I cut off the things that make me sin. And I feel better about it knowing that ther has only been one good man. In his his spirit love you brother .dewey

David

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 10:57:12 PM »

I suggest we all cut off hand, a foot, gouge out an eye, and scalp ourselves...........just to be safe  :P

musicman

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 11:10:09 PM »

I suggest we all cut off hand, a foot, gouge out an eye, and scalp ourselves...........just to be safe  :P

You forgot one.  Don't worry, it's only one digit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.