bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: allegory  (Read 4759 times)

dave

allegory
« on: January 10, 2008, 12:39:32 PM »

Just interested if anyone but myself sees Genisis 1-6 at least,
as an allegory? Praise Him.

lilitalienboi16

Re: allegory
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 12:46:08 PM »

Just interested if anyone but myself sees Genisis 1-6 at least,
as an allegory? Praise Him.

Offcourse =]

First the natural THAN the spiritual. Their is much to learn even in genisis itself! =]

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »

Hello micah 7:9

You are not alone in seeing Genisis as an allegory. Pivotal to our like mindedness here in this Forum are the tools, insights and teachings we have here that are shared in the insights written by Ray Smith.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD

The above teaching deserves to be re-visited constantly and used consistently. Sounds simple enough but it is not easy!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Arthyron

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 07:53:28 PM »

I've always seen it as a combination of physical and spiritual myself, that there is both true information relating events in real space-time as well as the deeper spiritual lessons and undercurrents running beneath the surface (just like our own lives).

I do know many people who do view it as an entirely allegory, though.

gmik

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 11:04:35 PM »

Alex, did you mean Micah was off course (wrong) or were you saying of course it is an allegory.

I thought it was both, physical first then spiritual.  So Arc, I am gonna re read the 12 truths again.

(secretly, way down deep in my own little self, I tend to lean to the spiritual/allegorical side and then the 35 years of churchianity rises up and ...oh, you know what I mean)  Time to get to reading again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.