bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: God AND Jesus Savior  (Read 10995 times)

vicolive

God AND Jesus Savior
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:23:22 AM »

Hello all
Can someone please direct me to one of Rays teachings on e.g.'Savior'
In the old testamaent God says He is the ONLY  Savior of the world,then when we come to new testamant we know that Jesus in our savior.This is to end a debate Im going through to reveal that God and Jesus are one....and not that they are two separates.
Thank you
Vicolive.

hillsbororiver

Re: God AND Jesus Savior
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »

Hi vicolive,

Here is a portion from The Lake of Fire - PART VI

(TWO JUDGMENTS BY FIRE)

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

WHO IS THIS MAN, THE CHRIST?

Just Who is Jesus Christ? Many have but a superficial knowledge of the real Jesus. And those who have studied the Scriptures deeply, are but scratching the surface of the real Christ. Jesus Christ is a whole lot more than the humble carpenter from Nazareth, Who was born of a virgin and died on a cross. JESUS CHRIST IS EVERYTHING! Everything that ever was, is, or shall be is found in Christ! He is the very CREATOR, SUSTAINER, AND ALMIGHTY GOD OF THE UNIVERSE. God the Father has never directly made Himself known to humanity. It was Jesus Christ Who came to reveal the Father to mankind.

God the Father, "Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His SON, Whom He hath appointed HEIR OF ALL THINGS, by whom also He MADE THE WORLDS; Who being the BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, and the EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, and upholds ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high" (Heb. 1:2-3).

"Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power or darkness, and has translated us into the kingdom of HIS DEAR SON: In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD, the firstborn of every creature: For by Him were ALL THINGS CREATED, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, VISIBLE AND INVISIBLE, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM [Jesus Christ], AND FOR HIM [Jesus Christ]:

And He is BEFORE ALL THINGS, and by Him ALL THINGS CONSIST. And He is the HEAD OF THE BODY, THE CHURCH: Who is the beginning, the firstborn form the dead, that in ALL THINGS HE MIGHT HAVE THE PREEMINENCE. For it pleased the Father that IN HIM SHOULD ALL FULLNESS DWELL. And having made peace through the blood of His cross, by Him to RECONCILE ALL UNTO HIMSELF; by Him, I say, whether in earth or in heaven" (Col. 1:12:20).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the BEGINNING and the ENDING, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, THE ALMIGHTY" (Rev. 1:8).

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM: and without Him was not any thing made that was made. IN HIM WAS LIFE; and the life was the light of men" (John 1:1-3).

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham WAS, I AM" (John 8:58). "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shall thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me to you" (Ex. 3:14).

Jesus Christ was the GOD of the Old Testament! Jesus Christ was JEHOVAH! Moses SAW and HEARD Jehovah
, yet John tells us that,

"No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, HE HAS DECLARED HIM" (John 1:18).

Hope this helps.

His Peace to you,

Joe

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:50:24 AM by hillsbororiver »

vicolive

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 11:03:03 AM »

Thank you so much Joe, that is awesome all that you wrote,Im on my way to read the link.My debate is with JW's they do make it sound so convincing that God and Jesus are two seperate beings.I have been searching now for months for ONE reasoning that will convince them that what I study on here is the truth and the whole truth and then me be done with it.Its not that I want to be a 'told you so in their eyes' but they are kind and gentle people and I dont want to see anyone go down the wrong path if I have a say in it.
thanks again Joe
GB
Vicolive.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:06:12 AM »

Hi again vicolive,

When rereading your original post I thought it would be appropriate to add this from Ray's "Trinity" paper;

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

A "Father" and a "Son" CANNOT ALSO BE THE SAME PERSON!

Countless things can be said to "be ONE" in numerous forms of close relationship. In this close relationship of purpose, will, harmony, etc., our Lord said:

"I and the Father, We are ONE" (John 10:30).

Will all my readers please note that Jesus DID NOT say "I and the Father, We are one GOD," did He? No, He did not!

Do the Scriptures, however, tell us that there is only ONE GOD? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures, tell us WHO that ONE God is? Yes, they do.

Do the Scriptures tell us what the relationship of Jesus Christ is with that ONE God? Yes, they do.

In fact, all of these things are answered in ONE Scripture.

I will now give you the ONLY Scripture you will EVER need for understanding Who Jesus Christ and God the Father are and how many Gods there are, and Who composes that ONE God. Here it is:

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

And the next verse says

"But NOT IN ALL is there this knowledge" (Ver. 7)

I can say "Amen" to that. Practically "not in all" Christendom is there this knowledge.

If you have not yet THANKED GOD for making these things so clear, so meaningful, and so simple, DO IT NOW!

The above verse really doesn’t need commentary, but I want to comment anyway.

How many Gods are there? Answer: "ONE God."

Of Whom is this ONE God composed? Answer: "the FATHER." NOT, the Father, AND the Son, AND the holy ghost! Just, "the Father!" ONLY, "the Father!!" "ONE God, the FATHER!"

Is this too hard for anyone? Is not God’s definition far easier and better than the theologians’ "one, plus ONE, plus ONE, equals ONE" nonsense?

Is Jesus Christ an equal part of this "ONE God?" NO, He is not. Let God’s Word tell us. We don’t need to speculate and theorize. Here is Who and What Jesus Christ is, He is the "one LORD." This is not hard. It is only hard for those who wrestle and twist Scripture to their own destruction (II Peter 3:16). John 8:5-6 makes the following very clear:

This Scripture tells us that "ALL IS OUT OF" GOD (the FATHER).

And this Scripture tells us that "ALL IS THROUGH" Jesus Christ.

God the Father is the first cause of all and ALL IS OUT GOD, even Jesus Christ is "OUT of God."

"...I [Jesus] came OUT from God. I CAME OUT FROM the FATHER..." (John 16:27-28).

Now if Jesus came out from the trinity, why doesn’t the Scripture say so? He didn’t come out of the trinity and He didn’t come out of the holy spirit, but HE DID COME, "...OUT FROM THE FATHER!"

And after Jesus Christ came OUT from the Father, ALL ELSE came THROUGH Jesus Christ:

"Who [Jesus Christ] is the Image of the invisible God, Firstborn of every creature, for in Him is ALL CREATED, that in the heavens and that on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or lordships, or sovereignties, or authorities, all is created THROUGH Him and FOR Him, and He is BEFORE all, and all has its cohesion in Him" (Col. 1: 14-17).

Nowhere do we read that God came out from Christ! No, Christ came OUT FROM THE FATHER and all else was created THROUGH Jesus Christ. There is no trinity here!

Jesus Christ is not the SUPREME DEITY. Christ is not the originator of all. Christ is "the Lord." He is the Son of God. He is the IMAGE of the invisible God. He is the Mediator,

For there is ONE God, and ONE Mediator OF God and mankind, a MAN Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

As I said before, one cannot be both "of" something or someone and at the same time "be" that something or someone. There is certainly no trilateral, triune, trinity of God here!

Jesus Christ said,

"...I am going to the Father, for the Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).

Where do we read that Christ is GREATER than the Father? There is no trinity in this verse!

And again:

"Now, whenever ALL may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself [Jesus Christ] also SHALL BE SUBJECTED TO HIM [God the Father] Who subjects all to Him, that GOD may be All in all."

Where do we read that someday God the Father will be SUBJECT to Christ? There is no trinity in these Biblical truths.

And again:

"Now I want you to be aware that the Head of every man is Christ, yet the head of the woman is the man, yet the Head of Christ IS GOD" (I Cor. 11:3).

Where do we read in Scripture that Christ is the Head of God?

There is another profound statement in the Scriptures that PROVES CONCLUSIVELY that Jesus Christ is not part of a trinity, but is now and always will be, under the Headship of His Father. Here it is:

"...that the GOD OF OUR LORD Jesus Christ, the FATHER..." (Eph. 1:17).

There it is--Jesus Christ HAS A "GOD!" Paul wrote this and all of the above Scriptures AFTER Jesus Christ was resurrected and restored to His previous GLORIES in God. And in His glorified state, Jesus Christ is STILL subjected to HIS GOD! Who wants to be the first blasphemer to even suggest that God the Father "has a God?"!!! But Jesus Christ, DOES have a God! Notice the following:

Eph. 1:3: "Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

Col. 1:3: "We are thanking the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

I Pet. 1:3: "Blessed be the God and Father OF our Lord Jesus Christ"

And remember these statements concerning Jesus Christ "having a God" were made long after His resurrection and restoration back to His former glories. Today, our Lord STILL HAS A GOD! And need I repeat the fact that the God and Father of Jesus Christ DOES NOT HAVE A GOD?! And someone out there still thinks God is a equilateral trinity?

There are many more Scriptures that show the distinction between God the Father’s office of supreme deity of the universe and that of His Son and Image, Jesus Christ the Lord and Mediator.

Peace,

Joe

vicolive

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 11:55:24 AM »

Again, thanks Joe,  very well placed and explained.I see it,I always believed it to be that way until my door knocked.Thanks for helping me get back in the light.
GB
Vic

onelovedread

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »

Joe and Vicolive
I really appreciate your posts, and need your help with a personal area of confusion
- Isaiah 9:6: "For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace." (Youngs translation)
My confusion is with the fact that the verse suggests that one of the names given to Jesus here is Mighty God.
Any comments?
God's richest blessings,
Onelovedread

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:07:20 PM »

You are very welcome Vicolive! As to your question onelovedread, here are a few verses I hope help you here;

Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Php 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Php 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Php 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Php 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth and things under the earth;

Php 2:11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I would also suggest reading the two links from BT that were posted previously. There is a wealth of wisdom there!  ;)

His Peace to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »

Great pointers Joe!

Here is some more for you vicolive,

From : http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

In the NT we have God and it’s speaking of the Father.  Paul introduces every book he has written, you know with that salutation.
Rom 7:25  “I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

2Cor 1:2  “Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”

And of course if you got a trinity, then Paul really messed up. 

1Cor 1:1  “Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God…”

Rom 1:7  “…Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”

The Holy Spirit is not there.  If the Holy Spirit is a person, a personality of a triune Godhead or divinity and Paul has 13 books, but never once acknowledges the Holy Spirit, something is wrong with Paul.  1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians… etc.  Any book you open up, there is just those two.

Eph 1:3  “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ…”

Phi 1:2  “Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Gal 1:3  “Grace to you and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ,”

There is no Holy Spirit.  Not that the Holy Spirit is nothing or of no consequence, it’s just not a person. 
Jesus Christ and God the Father ARE the Holy Spirit!  Jesus Christ is that Spirit! 

John 16:7  “… I will send him(the Comforter) to you.” v. 15  “… He shall take of Mine, and shall show it unto you.”

What is He going to take of Christ?  His Spirit.  Where did Christ get that Spirit?  From God the Father.  But He is going to take of Christ, because it’s going to be the personality of Christ, see.  Paul didn’t say, I’m crucified with God, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but the FATHER lives in me.  No, it’s,  “I have been crucified with CHRIST, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but CHRIST lives in me.” (Gal 2:20)
But see it’s the personality of Christ, that is the spirit that lives in us.  And that spirit comes from God.  So we can call it God’s Holy Spirit, even though it’s channeled through Christ.  Jehovah /Elohim, God the Father(Elohim), you know. 

There is MUCH MORE where that came from!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Truth101

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 12:31:38 PM »

I think im more confused than ever  ??? ???

Just Who is Jesus Christ? Many have but a superficial knowledge of the real Jesus. And those who have studied the Scriptures deeply, are but scratching the surface of the real Christ. Jesus Christ is a whole lot more than the humble carpenter from Nazareth, Who was born of a virgin and died on a cross. JESUS CHRIST IS EVERYTHING! Everything that ever was, is, or shall be is found in Christ! He is the very CREATOR, SUSTAINER, AND ALMIGHTY GOD OF THE UNIVERSE. God the Father has never directly made Himself known to humanity. It was Jesus Christ Who came to reveal the Father to mankind.

BUt if there is one God (the Father who is the Almighty), how can Jesus also be Almighty God as well if God the Father is the Almighty God and Almighty God of Jesus? Very confusing. I thought I had this one down but now im just confused.

Now Jesus is our "Lord" which has been contrasted with the Father being our God and the God of Jesus but now Isaiah throws me a curve ball as well when it speaks of Christ as being the "Almight God".

Any help clarifying for myself and ONELOVEDREAD would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless,

Dave

rk12201960

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 02:14:48 PM »

Hi Dave,
in John 1:1
we are told that in the very beginning was the Word ( Jesus)
So that being so we know that He (Jesus) is the only begotten of the Father John 1:14 tells us so.
In Verse 3 we are told Jesus made all things and with out Him nothing was made that was made.
He is life and being the light of all men he is the creator.

In the ten commandments we are told not to worship any other Gods. That being so then if Jesus was not God almighty (beyond human understanding at this point) then this law is a lie!
People worship Jesus even today.

Philippians 2:6 nails this without doubt, Jesus saw no robbery to be equal to God. See what it says?
"Robbery"  God the Father gave it to Him and allowed Him to make a claim to such we can see God started making his family right there "the only begotten of the Father" is Jesus Christ.
Now Jesus is doing the same and giving it to the rest of Gods family.
We tend to think in human terms and understanding.
Like Ray said and I agree, when we are born again we are just at the beginning of understanding the true works and Glory of God.
Hope this helps.

Gods speed.
Randy
 ;D 8) ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »

God is like a sur-name. There is Father God and Jesus Christ God.  Father God is the Father of the Son Jesus. Jesus is not greater than the Father. Both are God.

Now try and put that into human thinking. There is John Brown who is the Father of Eric Brown. Eric is the Son and John is the Father. Both are Browns.  :D ;D

Hope this helps

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »

Hi Dave,

I think may help you with this  :) 
This is an excerpt from the '07 Nashville Conference 'WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS? & WHO IS HIS FATHER?'

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.msg39176.html#msg39176 ---------

Heb 1:3  “who being the brightness of His glory(speaking of Jesus Christ) and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,” Ok back to verse 2.

Heb 1:2  “has in these last days spoken to us by His Son(God), whom He has appointed heir of all things, by whom also He (who? God) made the worlds;”

Who is the “by whom?”  Jesus Christ.  But who did it?  God.  How?  Through Christ.  So who did it?  They both did it, that’s why it is Elohim.  “In the beginning Elohim…”  God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, created the universe.  It was out of God, through His Son.  Both.  And they are both the One God.  Well why does it introduce, here in chapter 2, that the heaven and the earth was created by Jehovah /Elohim?  Because it’s letting us know who the Son is, for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear and all that.
So Jesus Christ is being introduced to us here.  Why?  Because He’s going to start talking.  To who?  To Adam and then to Eve, you see.  He’s the spokesman and for the next 50 verses or whatever and maybe many more than that, it’s always the Lord God or Jehovah /Elohim.
------------------------------------------------------

Here is an email with a few Scripture to consider.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3443.msg25690#msg25690 -----------------------

Dear Christopher:

Ah, but the Scriptures do refer to Jesus Christ as "God."

[1]  "But unto the SON [Jesus] He says, Thy throne, O GOD..." (Heb. 1:08).

[2]  "I am Alpha and Omega...says the Lord [Jesus[, which is, and which was, and which is to come, THE ALMIGHTY [GOD]"  (Rev. 1:08).

[3]  "And Thomas answered and said unto Him [Jesus], My Lord, AND MY GOD" (John 20:28).

[4]  "Who [Jesus] being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be EQUAL WITH GOD" (Phil. 2:6).

[5]  "Why doth this Man [Jesus] thus speak blasphemies?  Who can forgive sins, BUT GOD ONLY?" (Mark 2:08).

[6]  "Now unto Him [Jesus] that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His [Jesus] glory with exceeding joy. To the only wise GOD OUR SAVIOUR [Jesus Christ], be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude 24-25).

One or two of these it could be argued refers to God the Father. But there are enough statements to prove Jesus wears the title "God."  Then, there is the whole matter of Jesus Himself being the "God" of the Old Testament which spoke to men, etc., seeing that the Father has never spoken to any man directly with a voice, and Jesus and the God the Old Testament did.

God be with you,

Ray

Truth101

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 04:04:59 AM »

Hi my peeps,

Thanks for all your help. The funny thing is thats exactly how I saw it but something here in all the posts got me questioning. Honestly I can't seem to put my finger on what it was exactly. I guess it was in Rays reply to the emailer and then the questions I also saw. Made me begin to question again what I had already known.

The last couple of posts got me back to where I was on this.

Again thanks for those posts.

God bless, Dave

vicolive

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 11:27:37 AM »

Thank you all for your posts.
Please tell me now if I have this right{as I said  I have always believed it to  be this way until a JW TOLD me otherwise,and being who I am I have to concider both reasonings}
Joe! when you said Jesus CAME OUT OF GOD...that was the bullit for me,so He was not created next to God in His Spirit form..He just came out?.He was and always was with/is God...is that right?
The JW's told me that you take the bible for what it says, so in reading  it that way  you read  the Father AND Jesus...the Father AND the Son..all throughout the NT.Now if a child were to read it  they would come to the conclusion that God and Jesus were two seperate beings and they would believe as the  JW'S..then it would get confusing to them when explained that{and me now} that God and Jesus are seperate  but one flesh and the same.
How does  the father and son relationship differ from a husband and wife? they are two seperate beings with their own minds and go their seperate ways in their own cars and jobs and think differently ,,and yet they have become one flesh....??Am I safe in saying God and the son relationship is the same,only difference is that they are on the same page in all beliefs,reasonings, thoughts etc?
The more I think on this the more boggled I get.
Then, the last thing I asked the JW was when one gets to heaven{paradise to them} who will we see Jesus or God.... this they could not answer...
Thanks all
Vic.

Kat

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 01:05:18 PM »

Hi Vic,

This is one of those things that is really hard to grasp all the intricacies of this concept of, who is the Father and who is Jesus Christ and how they are related to one another. 
I found this from the 2006 Mobile Conference transcript. 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.0.html ----------

So let’s think about this a little bit, who is the Father?  In Him we live and breath and have our being.  Liken the ocean to the Spirit of God, and liken us to the fish.  The fish are 95% water, the ocean is in the fish, and the fish are in the ocean, get it.
A bird has very porous bones, because they have to be very light.  It flies in the heavens, it breaths fast, because it needs strength and oxygen.  So the air (which is like the Spirit of God, which is what he calls it in the NT, Greek word for spirit is pheuma), the expanse is even called heaven, where the bird flies, and liken the air to the Spirit of God.  The bird has air in him and is flying through the air.

Now this is what the scripture say, we are in God and God is in us.  So, get it out of your head that God is a man, sitting on a stone throne, like Abraham Lincoln in Washington D.C., an old man with gray hair.  God is right here, it (Bible) says so, we have to just listen to the words.

God is Spirit, it also says God is invisible, you can’t see Him, not literally.  We can see Him in Spirit, as in our heart, in our mind, our soul, our spirit, in our intermost being.

The thing that makes us different from plants and other animals, is we can see God.  I’m trying to help you right now, to see God.  So when you leave here, you will see God in a way you didn’t, when you walked in here.  If God opens it up to you, I can only tell you, but God must open it up for you to grasp it.

God is here, not here because we are here, but He was here before we got here and He’ll still be after we leave.  Because this desk is here and this desk has it cohesion in Jesus Christ.  It is through Jesus Christ that this desk holds together or it would fall apart.  It takes energy and power, what is the source of the power, Jesus Christ, which comes from the Father and it’s passed off out of Him.  One Father, one God, all and everything is out of Him.  GOD IS ALMIGHTY!
v
v
The creator of heaven and earth is Jesus Christ.
The creator of the human race is Jesus Christ.
No man has ever seen God, only Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ when He acts on behalf of God, with the power of God, The knowledge of God, wisdom of God, and the love of God, with the strength of God and the character of God, IT IS GOD.  But He is not the Father.  He came to reveal the Father.

John 7:29  “But I (Jesus Christ) know Him (the Father), for I am from Him, and He has sent Me.
Now you know the one that sends someone is greater than the one who was sent.

John 13:3  “Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands,
and that He had come from God and went to God,”

Where did Jesus Christ come from?  Well was it the Trinity, the third part of the Trinity?  A third part of the Trinity, equal with the other two parts of the God Trinity?  NO, He came from God.

So in John 13:3  “and that HE CAME FROM GOD,” that’s where Jesus came from, GOD.
Not from the Godhead, not from the Trinity, FROM GOD.

John 16:27  “for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I CAME OUT FROM GOD.”  (Just like Eve came out from Adam)
v. 28  “I CAME FORTH FROM THE FATHER, and have come into the world.”

1 John 4:9  “In this the love of God was revealed in us, because GOD SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON into the world that we might live through Him.”

v. 14  And we have seen and testify that THE FATHER SENT THE SON to be the Savior of the world.

Heb 1:2  “has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom HE HAS APPOINTED heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds,”

If Jesus Christ was part of a triune god, a trinity, then nobody’s appointed anybody, nobody is sending anybody.  There is not one greater authority in a perfect equilateral triangle.  But Christ said, My Father is greater than I, (John 14:28).

Rev 3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The beginning was the Word of God, what did God began with?  Jesus Christ, right?  The Word, that’s what God began with, Jesus Christ is the beginning.

In Gen. 1:1 it says, “In the beginning[ Heb: reshiyth - spec. Firstfruits] God [Heb: Elohim] created the heavens and the earth”

We read in 1 Cor 15:20  “But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the Firstfruit of those who slept.”

That Jesus Christ “became the Firstfruit of those who slept.”  Who is the Firstfurit?  JESUS CHRIST.

Where did Jesus come from:  John 7:29; John 13:3; John 9:42; John 16: 27-28; 1 John 4:9, 14.

Jesus was created by the Father; Heb 1:2; Rev 3:14.  Jesus Christ was created and than became the Creator of all.  So when you talk about Jesus Christ, you are talking about God.  But you are talking about the One who was begotten in the God family, and one who could be emptied and formed such as a man.

A couple of other points here.  Christ said to the Pharisees, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58).  He didn’t say I was, He said “I am.”  And what did He tell Moses?  Moses said who will I say sent me and He said tell,  “I AM THAT I AM” (Exo. 3:14), or I Am what I will be, is what the Hebrew indicates.
So Adam, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Jacob and the Hebrews, never knew God the Father, they knew Jesus Christ - Yahweh.  When they hung Christ on the cross, they crucified their own Creator.

In 1 Cor 10:4, that Rock was CHRIST.  It also says in verse 9 that follows that “we should not tempt Christ.”  When they tempted “the Lord” (Exo. 17:7) back then, they murmured against(tempted) Christ (Deu. 1:27; 1 Cor. 10:10), is what it tells us.

So Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament.  He is the reason Elohim is plural, “and God said let US.”
So the Father is doing the creating, but it is done through His Son, Jesus Christ, His first born.  Now for scriptural proof, in Heb. 1:8 it says "Thy throne, O God, is for the eon of the eons ...”  Now I know the Jehovah Witness and I’ve read all their stupid ways of trying to get around that verse, and it just won’t smoke.  It means what it says, God addresses Jesus Christ as “Thy throne, O God,” and the O is in there, it’s in the Greek and it’s back in the Hebrew where this verse is quoted from as well.

Only God is to be worshipped, the leper came and worshipped Him (Matt. 8:2), the chief, worships Him (Mat. 9:18), and the woman came and worships Him (Matt 15:25).  Rev 1:8  "I am the Alpha and the Omega … the Almighty."  That’s Christ, God.  “And the Word was God,” (John 1:1)  Thomas said, when he felt the holes in Christ’s body, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28).  And Christ did not correct Him.

Titus 2:13-14 “The Great God and Savior Jesus Christ;  Who gave Himself for us…”

So He is God, but He is not His own Father, ok.  And Jesus Christ came to reveal the Father, Luke 10:22; John 6:46;

Matt 11:27, “Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son will reveal Him.”
Nobody knew anything about God the Father, until Jesus Christ revealed Him.  The only God that anybody knew was Jesus Christ.
------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:31:27 PM by Kat »

Little Joe

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 02:40:16 PM »

I must admit I'm a little confused, too. ???

Now, if Jesus is the Word of God (His voice), then I guess it would follow that He is the God of the Old Testament who spoke to Moses, etc.  Does this also mean He is the one who walked with Adam and Eve in Garden?  That would make sense to me.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 03:06:19 PM »

Hi Little Joe,

Yes and Yes!  ;)

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Robin

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »

That would have to be Jesus because no one saw or heard the Father at any time.

John 1:18
No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 6:46
Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

John 5:37
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

vicolive

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 06:51:28 PM »

Hi Kat.
thank you so much for taking time to explain that to me,sooooooooo!!!! good indeed,so truthful.
I have to admit that the JW's have tried to sway me from this that I believe by ways of explaining that commas were moved,different translations etc.This one JW is a freind and she told me she used to believe as you have explained here until an in depth study was doneand now she has the real TRUTH.....
I shall print this and I do thank you from the bottom of my heart,since I have been listening to her I was feeling like I didnt know Jesus as I always did{according to your teaching} and I was sad,this brought tears to my eyes as I read your post and brought back my Jesus to me,,,thanks......my thanks also to all that answered this post...
GB
Vic

Little Joe

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 08:05:23 PM »

Hi Little Joe,

Yes and Yes!  ;)

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Cool  8), and Hallelujah!!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.