bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Urgent prayer request for my husband  (Read 4846 times)

a_child_of_God

Urgent prayer request for my husband
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:41:29 PM »

My husband, James Turner,  is very ill with diabetes and kidney failure. He goes to dialysis three days a week.

Lately he has been feeling nauseated and has been experiencing loss of appetite. I don't know how much longer he has.

Please pray that God gives us strength during these trying times.

a_child_of_God
(Ruth)

rvhill

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »

I will pray for you both.

May I ask were you live? Do you have any money. What would your husband be willing to try to live longe,r or even the possibly of almost normal life depending on what else the Diabetes has done? I know of a new treatment for Diabetes that could halt the progression the disease. I also know some doctors that are working with stem cells, both human and blue shark. I have seen some amazing stuff. But you would have to be in southern California. The stem cell stuff is being done in Mexico.

gmik

urgent prayer request
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:04:02 PM »

Ruth, my heart and prayers go to you and your husband.  Thank you for sharing w/ us.

a_child_of_God

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 12:53:17 AM »

rv,

I am in Spokane, Washington. His medical coverage is through Medicaid and Medicare. Right now, he can't even get his insulin authorized through either program.

No we don't have any money. We are currently living on his SSI.

Ruth

rvhill

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 01:16:55 AM »

Quote from: a_child_of_God
rv,

I am in Spokane, Washington. His medical coverage is through Medicaid and Medicare. Right now, he can't even get his insulin authorized through either program.

No we don't have any money. We are currently living on his SSI.

Ruth

Sorry to hear that. Stories like yours brake my heart. We are like 5 or 10 years away from saving people like your husband. Doctors around the world are coming up with new treatments for many thing on a daily basis. I do not even know if they could help your husband, but doctors from around the world are reporting they have been able to treat diabetes with both animal and human stem cells. They have also been able to reverse organ failure, but it is still all in early testing. No one know what the long term risks are, or even what the success failure rate is.

a_child_of_God

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 05:30:40 AM »

rv,

Got any spare kidneys???? My husband's blood type is O.

Ruth

rvhill

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 03:09:37 PM »

Quote from: a_child_of_God
rv,

Got any spare kidneys???? My husband's blood type is O.

Ruth

I do not know any doctors that do organ transplants. I do know some doctors that do stem cell research. Since it is research. It very expansive and insurance companies do not cover it. There is not guarantees either with it. They would be much farther ahead in their research if it was not for Christiandom.

orion77

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 12:36:23 AM »

Ruth, my prayers are for you all.  I can understand what you are going through.  Twenty three years ago my wife gave a kidney to her son, my step-son, it was a very hard time.  He is now almost 30 years old, thanks to my wife.  They had same blood type and was a 99% match for transplant, so it worked out well for them both.

We learn that life is truly fragile by going through these experiences.  May your husband find the strength, that can only come from the Lord, in times such as these.  

God bless you both,

Gary

a_child_of_God

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 03:57:54 AM »

Thanks Gary.

My blood type is A, so I'm not able to donate one of my kidneys to my husband. It would be nice if I could.

Ruth
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.