bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL SCRIPTURE IS FOR OUR ADMONITION  (Read 11093 times)

hillsbororiver

ALL SCRIPTURE IS FOR OUR ADMONITION
« on: January 13, 2008, 11:42:48 AM »

In the "JOB" thread Arcturus mentioned "All scripture is for our admonition" which got me to thinking once again what an incredibly germane truth "the beast within" encompasses. Without being constantly aware of this where exactly are we? I see it as a very basic yet most profound piece of the puzzle which is the journey to Sonship (and Daughtership) of God.

It is all too easy to get caught up in the rush for more and more information, knowledge, and secrets contained in the scriptures but if we are not truly growing in His Spirit with the resulting patience, temperance, longsuffering and other signs of the maturation process what good is "knowing" a bunch of stuff? If we only have the knowledge that "puffeth up" (1Cor 8:1) our carnal heart/ego are we not actually worse off than before?

Is our top priority slaying the beast within or is it to feel self satisfied in the fact that we are always learning or supposing ourselves to be gaining knowledge when in fact we may be missing the most important things by focusing on a sort of religious "trivial persuit?"

2Ti 3:7  Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

When the beast is diminishing the Spirit of Christ is increasing this in itself will open up some serious spiritual insights.

ALL SCRIPTURE IS FOR OUR ADMONITION

Why should the Scriptures preserve for us the falling away of Peter, Paul, all of the disciples, all of Asia, and all of the church (Rev. 2:4), if none of these things pertain to us or none of these things will ever happen to us?

I have said many times in this series that there are "the called" and there are the "called AND chosen." We see it in every example: Jesus called Peter

"And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter… and He said unto them, Follow Me…" (Matt. 4:18-19),

and so Peter followed Jesus

"And they straightway left their nets, and FOLLOWED Him." (Ver. 20)

And so Peter followed Jesus for three and one-half years. But Peter was not converted:

"And the Lord said, Simon [Peter], Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for you, that your faith fail not: and WHEN YOU ARE CONVERTED, strengthen your brethren" (Luke 22:31-32).

And later Peter denied Jesus three times in the same night!

The question presents itself: "If we truly had "love" why should we have to "fall" from it or "leave it" in the first place? Ah, herein lies one of the grandest Truths found in all Scripture!

From our first parents onward, God has always allowed men to believe that they are able of and by themselves (by their supposed phantom "free" will) to love God and be obedient to His laws. Despite God’s plethora of testimonies to the contrary, theologians and philosophers alike have taught mankind that they are indeed ABLE TO CHOOSE and, ABLE TO DO and to carry out that choice, because they have the "free will" within them to do so. What they have within them is a "beast" that is no more able to choose and obey God than any literal beast of the field.

TURNING OUR IDOLS OF THE HEART INTO POWDER

In Ezekiel 14:7 we read:

"For every one of the house of Israel [WE {Gentiles} are now the circumcision of God, Phil. 3:3. WE {Gentile believers} are the true Jew, Romans 2:28-29. WE {Gentiles & a remnant of racial Israel} are the spiritual Israel of God, Gal. 6:16] or of the stranger that sojourns in Israel, which separates himself from Me, and sets up HIS IDOLS IN HIS HEART…"

We all have "idols of the heart." Whenever we disobey God, we are giving allegiance to and manifesting idols in our heart.

When ancient Israel turned from God, they too manifested the idols in their hearts by building a literal golden calf idol with which to worship. And what did God do through Moses?

"And he [Moses] took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire [don’t forget I Cor. 3:15], and GROUND IT TO POWDER, and scattered it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it" (Exodus 32:20).

How many understand our Lord’s statements in Luke 20:17-18?

"And He beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The Stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the Head of the corner? Whomsoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever It shall fall, It will GRIND HIM TO POWDER."

When we fall on the Stone (Jesus), we are broken. Or as John tells us in Revelation,

"And I saw one of his heads as it were WOUNDED TO DEATH…" (Rev. 13:3).

Yes, when we fall on Christ we are broken, we are wounded (by the "sword" of God—Rev. 13:14 vs. Heb. 4:12). This is our human attempt at salvation. But then we fall, and our "deadly wound [which we received by the Word of God] was healed" (Rev. 13:3), we went back into the world, back into Babylon, thus leaving our first love. When the wound of the Sword of God’s Word that had slain us, is healed, we fall from the love of God, and we again turn our love to the world from which we came.

But here’s the good news concerning this stone. If we are among the chosen that overcome, then the Stone falls ON US, and our spiritual house built upon the sand comes crashing down. And when Jesus falls on us, He GRINDS US [along with all of our idols of the heart] TO POWDER!

Remember we are but "clay" in the hands of the Master Potter, and clay consists of particles of sedimentary silicates of aluminum less than two-thousandth of a millimeter in diameter—in other words, very fine powder. In Ancient Israel, the sin offering, the peace offering, the meat offering, and thank offering all had to be made with fine flour. All of the universe is composed of very fine things.

All of the instructions on what was to be offered to God in the service of the Tabernacle in the wilderness, who was to offer it, and how it was to be offered is not just quaint little stories of history:

"Now ALL THESE THINGS HAPPENED unto them for ensamples: and they are written FOR OUR ADMONITION, upon whom the ends of the world [ages] are come." (I Cor. 10:11).

Christ is representative of all and every one of these sacrifices. And

"Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He [Jesus Christ] IS, SO ARE WE in this world" (I John 4:17).

So, when we read of the fine flour, oil, salt, and frankincense in the Old Testament offerings, we must understand that WE TOO are to be like fine flour—spiritually humbled and ground fine like powder, oil—having the Spirit of God in us, salt—we are to BE the "salt of the earth," and frankincense—our very lives becoming a sweet smelling incense to our God.

Some of the things we must go through seem bad on the surface. But as in all of God’s dealings, what appears at first to be something horribly bad, is in reality, only a necessary stage in the process of overcoming sin and self so as to be qualified to reign with Christ in bringing the rest of humanity into a knowledge of the Truth, redemption, salvation, and finally, glory.

GOD’S WORD SAYS THAT MAN IS A BEAST

"Nevertheless man being in honor abides not [does not endure]: he is LIKE THE BEASTS that perish" and "…he is LIKE THE BEASTS that perish: (Ps. 49:12, 20).

"One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are always liars, EVIL BEASTS, slow bellies [lazy gluttons]. This witness is true" (Titus 1:12-13).

"But these, as NATURAL BRUTE BEASTS, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption" (II Pet. 2:12).

"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as A BEAST before thee" (Psalm 73:22).

"But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, AS BRUTE BEASTS, in those things they corrupt themselves" (Jude 10).

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves ARE BEASTS" (Ecclesiastes 3:18).

Read it all @ http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 02:13:24 PM by hillsbororiver »

gmik

Re: ALL SCRIPTURE IS FOR OUR ADMONITION
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 03:09:51 PM »

Thanks for that reminder Joe.  I do tend to get caught up in wanting to know more secrets, more details that would separate me from the rest of the world. Ha, I know this and that and you don't know anything-I don't mean to be that way but I love information.

Spot on, Joe, knowledge puffs up, but do you love one another? Are you walking in love and keeping the beast at bay?  Are you showing the fruit of the spirit???  Thats what we are to be doing!

People say, well, if I am not going to hell then what am I supposed to do or can I just sin like crazy?

No, now more than ever--Walk in the spirit and not in the flesh!

(this post was said to me!!! :-[  It is just catharctic to write down my thoughts!)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 03:24:32 PM »

Hello Joe

I enjoyed your reflection on Ray's teachings regarding this subject.

What stands out for me is quote from Ray :... when Jesus falls on us, He GRINDS US [along with all of our idols of the heart] TO POWDER!

I have recently seen this from personal experience that when being ground to dust, I should not resent it but rather pray for endurance and patience.

Heb 12 : 8 Now if you are exempt from correction and left witout discipline in which all of God's children share, then you are illegitimate offspring and not true sons at all.

But if you are NOT illegitimate then the grinding to powder experience should draw us into greater dependence on God to give us the strength we need from His Grace, to endure without murmuring, complaining, resentment or defiance against God for crushing our idols.

God knows we have need of endurance and patience. For me it is His Grace that is the font that gives us the strength to endure the trials and tribulations we experience.

Heb 10 : 36 For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God....

Luke 21 : 36 ....pray that you may have the full strength and ability and be accounted worthy to escape all these things that will take place and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.

HOW can ANYONE STAND in the Presence of the Son of Man if they have not endured, persevered in patience and endurance in faith by Grace given by God in knowledge that our circumstances are written by God and by trials we enter through the gates of tribulation into HIS Kingdom.

If there is anything worth knowing it is that free will is a myth, a lie and the truth is that God is in control!

All our knowledge serves as nought under the power of Christ reducing our attachments, life lines and false beliefs into powder. We HAVE TO KNOW IT IS HIM WHO IS SOVEREIGNand is causing all things to work together for what we do not see as at all good at the time of pain and trial.

THAT (for me) IS THE TEST....and yes Joe as you say, it is so easy to get caught up in the rush for more and more information

Maybe, just maybe, if you have not got the Patience and endurance you will be broken and if you are given the patience and endurance your idols will be made into powder and those who are chosen willaccomplish the will of God and thus receive and carry away and enjoy to the full what is promised. Heb 10 : 36

Maybe, and I agree with you G. it is cathartic to write....it helps ease the pressure! ;)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 03:27:49 PM by Arcturus »

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »

Well, now you go and mention patience...hmmmm Ray is going to be talking about God's patience.in Nashville......ermmmm I can't wait to know......arrrhhhhhh Tell me NOW :P

:D :D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »

Hi Gena,

Great response, thank you!

This was brought up not to point fingers or accuse anyone else for what they are presently doing but for recognizing my own propensity for one "new" thing after another without properly meditating on or being diligent over the things that are really key to growing in the Lord.

How can we truly love others as Christ did/does when it is our carnal heart directing us? If the beast is still reigning supreme how are we to be a living example to others? We are all familiar with 1Peter 3:15 especially the "be ready to give an answer" portion but what about the first part of this verse?

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

If indeed the Lord's presence in our hearts is increasing we will not be concerned or worry about all the "what ifs" that commonly plague us, we will trust that He will provide.

Joe

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 03:34:57 PM by hillsbororiver »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 03:39:19 PM »

If there is anything worth knowing it is that free will is a myth, a lie and the truth is that God is in control!

Amen to that!

Another insightful response Arcturus (your entire post), thank you.

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 03:47:24 PM »

Thank you Joe

I was also just contemplating this further. Your post is the catalyst and you observed after Gena's comments that we should love as Christ loves. YES! So that caught my attention to add onto the fact that not only are MY circumstances in Gods control but so are EVERYONE ELSE'S!

It makes me think that my persecutors are in GOD's Plan! How about that! I SHOULD BE LOVING THEM with Agape love.....Godly love...you know, loving them, knowing God is using them as He has done all throughout the ages! God does not change.

How are we to LOVE as God loves if we think we have free will or that others have free will! HOW? Not possible. NO WONDER the beginning of wisdom is to fear God ( or should this say, KNOW THAT YOU HAVE NO FREE WILL AND THAT GOD IS SOVEREIGN!)...and what's more, NO ONE ELSE has free will either!! :o including all the demons and satan himself!...

I value the opportunity to vent and connect with brethren who have believed what Ray has taught us in his papers on the Myth of Free Will....It is such a huge subject I believe it is worth contemplating daily through all circumstances.

That is easier said than done...There but for the Grace of God.....
Peace to you brother

Arc.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 04:11:49 PM by Arcturus »

Robin

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 04:55:23 PM »

Ecclesiastes seems to talk about all you can gain that is just vanity.
Then it jumps to the Song of Solomon, which seems to cast all that aside with the sole purpose of seeking our first love. After we see that we are the beast we know there is nothing within us that is good or of any worth. We then seek our first love because we know all is found in him. Then the knowledge we gain is centered in who he is and not self serving knowledge that feeds our carnal beast.

Philippians 3:
9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

Ecclesiastes 1

16I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.

17And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

18For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Ecclesiastes 3 

14I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

15That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

17I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

18I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

Song of Solomon 2
 9My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.

10My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 06:08:48 PM »

Hello MG

Beautiful Scriptures!

This comes to mind regarding what you posted : Heb 9 :28 Even so it is that Christ, having been offered to take upon Himself and bear as a burden the sins of many once and once for all, WILL APPEAR a second time, not to carry any burden of sin nor to deal with sin, but to bring to full salvation THOSE WHO ARE EAGERLY, CONSTANTLY, AND PATIENTLY, waiting for and expecting HIM.

This could be the conclusion to the Scriptures you quote I believe. For as we are brought to see and know that WE are the beast THEN only can we "eagerly, constantly, and patiently wait and expect Him "...to call us away? I believe so.

How else can we wait for Him eagerly if we do not know we are the Beast waiting for Him to deliver us, call us away, take us with Him.  Why wait for Him or expect Him if we think we are okay still without Him or if we are in the illusion that we choose Him or that we have powers that are Sovereign to Him only and not to us.

Does this not underscore the importance of knowing that we do not have any power or will that can thwart the will of God and that freedom of choice is a lie, illusion and figment of the imagination of the Beast!

Peace to you sister

« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 06:13:00 PM by Arcturus »

Robin

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »

I tend to think that "calling away" is here. It is the high calling that is above anything we go through here.

He standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice..

1 Corinthians 13
12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

That high calling drags us out of the illusion of having free will. It drags us away from thinking we are better than anyone else. It drags us away from dead works that are centered in our own self righteousness. We see that our righteousness is filthy rags and seek the one who will clothe us in his righteousness.

Philippians 3:14
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 1
17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »

That high calling drags us out of the illusion of having free will. It drags us away from thinking we are better than anyone else. It drags us away from dead works that are centered in our own self righteousness. We see that our righteousness is filthy rags and seek the one who will clothe us in his righteousness.

Well articulated MG. AMEN! :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 07:02:15 PM »

Ecclesiastes 3 

14I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

15That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

17I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

18I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

Powerful scripture M.G. in just these 4 verses we can see no free will and that everything is under God's control, that there is a road all must travel through religiousity and our own works of justification.

Until the Spirit of Christ reigns supreme in our hearts we are all yet beasts.

His Peace to you,

Joe 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 08:27:28 PM »

THE BEAST WITHIN / THE MAN OF SIN / THE SON OF PERDITION

I showed from the Scriptures in our last installment that we only become aware of the beast when we are standing on the "sand of the sea." AFTER our spiritual house built upon spiritual sand FALLS DOWN, and WE fall down. And this is precisely why Paul tells us that the

"…day of Christ… shall not come [to US] except there come a FALLING AWAY FIRST…" (II Thes. 2:1-2).

This "fall" by the way is not a little slip or a little stumble. It is a complete and total SPIRITUAL FALL! We all come to Christ with a simple childlike innocence. But … BUT, once we are in "the church of our choice," we start to get educated in the ways of Christendom. We learn of many rules based on the unscriptural traditions of men. We delight in many of these rules and traditions (sometimes not all of them), and before we know it, our new religion sooner or later TAKES US RIGHT BACK INTO THE WORLD that we thought we came out of.

IF YE BE CIRCUMCISED, CHRIST SHALL PROFIT YOU NOTHING

To me it is a thing of overwhelming amazement that what most Christians around the world aspire to BE and ACCOMPLISH in their spiritual walk with God, is the very thing that our Apostle Paul called: "DUNG"!

Christians claim that their bondage to physical commandments and traditions of men, are really spiritual.

Some make an idol of the heart out of keeping the Saturday Sabbath;

others make an idol of the heart out of claiming they are "tithing" when they give money to the church;

others make an idol of the heart out of physical circumcision;

others make an idol of the heart out of being baptized in the name of Jesus ONLY;

others make an idol of the heart out of believing in the unscriptural teaching of a trinity or rapture,

others make an idol of the heart out of demonic gibberish and tongues speaking;

others make an idol of the heart out of drinking poison and handling poisonous snakes;

others make an idol of the heart out of Christian Politics;

others make an idol of the heart out of their own church affiliation or pastor or choir or a plethora of church activities;

others (many) make an idol of the heart out of some pet, little-understood and little-believed Bible prophecy, which only they understand;

others make an idol of the heart out of much speaking using spiritually-sounding words and phrases (of which they understand little or nothing);

others make an idol of the heart out of joyfully condemning all those who do not subscribe to their brand of Christianity, to an eternal torture in hell fire (I am the brunt of a lot of these);

and others just flat out worship themselves.

What does Paul have to teach us regarding these many barriers to truly understanding the excellency of Jesus Christ?

"Circumcised the eight day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church [Paul counted persecuting the true believers as something of which to be proud]; touching the righteousness which is in the law, BLAMELESS [irreproachable, faultless].

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for Whom I have suffered loss of all things, and do count them but DUNG, that I might win Christ. (Phil. 3:5-8).

Now then, notice what Paul also says in Gal. 5:1-4:

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled gain with the yoked of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, [sounds important…] that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you NOTHING. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do THE WHOLE LAW [Abraham was circumcised, but Moses taught it AS A LAW that HAD to be obeyed]. Christ is become of NO EFFECT unto you, whosoever of you are [Gk: ‘are’ should be‘attempt to be’] justified by LAW; ye [‘ALL of you’] are FALLEN FROM GRACE."

We learned that leaving one’s first love is falling from love. But there’s more. Whatever one puts in place of true worship not only displaces us from our first love, but it also causes us to FALL FROM GRACE!

Listen, as long as we obey the beast within, we are not aware of just how evil this beast really is. As long as we obey our carnal mind, we are not aware of just how evil our carnal mind is. MOST Christians are carnal. And how can I say that with certainty seeing that I cannot read the hearts of most men? Because the Bible tells me so: "MANY are called, but FEW are chosen." The carnal minded are called, but the carnal-minded are not as yet chosen:

"And I [Paul], brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

"For ye ARE yet CARNAL: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not CARNAL, and walk as men [Gk: ‘according to man’]?

"For while one says, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos [and another, I am Church of Christ, I am a follower of Billy Graham, or John Hagee, or Benny Hinn, or Paul Crouch, or T.J. Jakes, or Joyce Myers, etc.]; are ye [ALL] not CARNAL?"

Through the years I have had many people say to me that they are followers of this or that religious personality, or that so and so, is "My Man." Well let me inform you that you cannot fight a spiritual warfare by standing behind a carnal man.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood [carnal enemies], but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Eph. 6:12).

Can we fight these spiritual enemies with carnal weapons or the teachings of carnal men?

"For the weapons of our warfare are not CARNAL, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds" (II Cor. 10:4).

http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 05:12:52 PM by hillsbororiver »

rjsurfs

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 10:18:27 PM »

Arc
All our knowledge serves as nought under the power of Christ reducing our attachments, life lines and false beliefs into powder.

This has been in my thoughts since I saw you post this yesterday.  Good stuff here and much of this I am experiencing... and I ask rhetorically what are our attachments, life lines, and false beliefs... because I know they're still there... this just keeps getting deeper and deeper the further we go along this journey.

Incidentally I had just finished watching a PBS documentary on the Amish... I know that the way they live is to them a part of their religious beliefs... but I was quite impressed with their level of humility, their awareness and scruples to vanity, and the unity they display within their community.  This was the positives I took from the film.  (I am not trying to discuss the Amish otherwise.)

This is on my mind a lot lately... how to be rid of the attachments without becoming legalistic... how to let go of the life-lines and still be a brother or sister to others... to have your false beliefs exposed, so that in seeing they are false, repent and seek to live truth.

These are the deeper things that I am after... and getting to these involve the same things that have gotten me this far.  That being God gracing me... through prayer, study, and his discipline I am sure he will continue to show me these things and much more. 

I just thought that was a powerful little quote within Arcturus's post... there is always so much here to meditate on.

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 01:34:41 AM »

Thank you for that excerpt Joe. It is as Ray says quote : Listen, as long as we obey the beast within, we are not aware of just how evil this beast really is. As long as we obey our carnal mind, we are not aware of just how evil our carnal mind is.

This is what makes our journey so difficult. This side of life, can Christ reign completely supreme in any heart until He returns bringing with Him FULL SALVATION?  I believe the best we can experience this side of life before Christ returns is that sin does not have dominion over us as it used to because we begin to realise that we are weak, we fail and we are liable to temptation until Christ delivers us completely into FULL salvation or into full re-birth. 8) We know that flesh and blood do not inherit His Kingdom.

Heb 9 : 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many, and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time, not to carry any burden of sin nor to deal with sin, but to bring to full salvation those who are waiting for and expecting Him.

So perhaps this scripture means too that those who are starting to experience and see the Beast as self, begin also along the road to waiting for Christ and to them He will appear. To those who are carnal, He does not appear because the carnal mind sees only itself? This is not to assume that Christ will not return to the world on the day of Judgement but perhaps when He does, the world will still know Him not and their LOF will be unrecognisable as being the consuming fire of God. This would also tie in with the difference between Judgment NOW on the House of God and the final Judgement reserved for those who are to stand before the White Throne Judgment. It also links to our trials and tribulations NOW compared to the WRATH of God that is to come that God's Elect will NOT have to suffer.

Bobby,

Here is South Africa there is a recent plan to switch off the lights of the cities to save on electricity. The lights go out periodically throughout the day. Last month we lost our computer due to a lightening striking down the mother board and so now we use the lap top! These circumstances are of GOD.  ;D

Why I tell you this is because the Amish have a society that is removed as far away as possible to the dependence on State. In that respect they have grouped together to survive. Their theology is still up the creek without a paddle though! ;D

We will each be salted by fire. No comunity will be able to bypass the salting either. As Ray quotes from Luke :

Whomsoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever It shall fall, It will GRIND HIM TO POWDER."

This shows me that many fall upon Christ and know of Him and will be broken. Those who are ground to powder will be those who Christ has chosen. Upon the chosen the Judgment is NOW.  ;D

Peace be to you brothers.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:53:20 AM by Arcturus »

kweli

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 11:35:38 AM »

Hi everyone. This is really what I look forward to when coming here. Great postings and scriptures for our admonition.

My 2c worth is:
"To whom much is entrusted, much is expected".

The world tried to snatch this away from the very Word of God and put it differently (or should I say carnally): With great power (power? yeah right!!!) comes great responsibility. We know better. So we do better, God-willing of course.

Arcturus, you just reminded me of a sad experience though...load-shedding (that's what it's called here in South Africa). A lot of Ray's material is in soft copy on my computer at home. Just imagine digging through a very interesting and truth-revealing article and ZAP! Just like that. No more interesting and truth-revealing article for hours on. I know it is all of God, so I'm learning not to complain about it.

Seeking His Glory,
Kweli

ciy

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 12:44:43 PM »

Arcturus,

You posted the following quote from Ray:

Listen, as long as we obey the beast within, we are not aware of just how evil this beast really is. As long as we obey our carnal mind, we are not aware of just how evil our carnal mind is.

Where did this come from?  I would be interested in the rest of it if there is any more with it.
Thanks.

CIY

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »

Hi Kweli

Of course. You too are experiencing these black outs too. I was just thinking of our brothers and sisters in NY when they had a black out. It was chaos there. Can you imagine if they had to experience there what we are going through here! :D

I had to go into town tonight to collect my husband. The lights were out in the city. It felt like I was entering a ghost town.  The traffic had come to a stand still as the robots were out. I just squeezed past an accident on the intersection where I was to meet my husband. We ate at a restaurant lit by candles. No generators were in the restaurant where we grabbed a bite to eat.

Hi CIY

The quote you have asked about can be read at http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html. If you look closely at the post from Joe in this thread that commences with quote THE BEAST WITHIN / THE MAN OF SIN / THE SON OF PERDITION, you will see that it also appears there.

Bobby

Please forgive me that my response to you appears to be high handed, talking AT you not with or to you. I recognised this after  it was too late to return to correct at that time.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Peace to you

rjsurfs

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I didn't perceive or notice any "high handedness" friend.   ;)

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 05:37:05 PM »

Thank you Bobby.  :)

I noticed it in myself!...my response would not have been how I would have appreciated it were it addressed that way to me after the level kind and open post you posted. So thanks! :)

Peace continue with you brother

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.