bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL SCRIPTURE IS FOR OUR ADMONITION  (Read 11094 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: ALL SCRIPTURE IS FOR OUR ADMONITION
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 12:30:09 PM »

This insidious beast who refuses to die rears his ugly head in my life often when I least expect it or when I for a split second start to believe that "I" am really doing well in my walk. Then the realization hits (after a severe stumble) that every cell and fiber in my being is incomplete and imperfect unless the Spirit of our Lord is directing every thought and action.

Paul's lament becomes more and more real to us as we journey in the hope of becoming a new creature in Christ.

Rom 7:19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Gal 5:17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Paul experienced this and he knew that it would also be the experience of everyone in every generation who God has drawn to Him.

Oh, the dreaded carnality......

JUST WHAT IS CARNALITY

What then is it to be carnal or carnally minded? It’s not good, I can tell you that. It’s a monster—IT’S A BEAST:

"for to be carnally minded is DEATH…"

And just why is that?

"Because the carnal mind is enmity [DEEP-SEATED HATRED] against God: for it is NOT SUBJECT to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed CAN BE [Gk: ‘is ABLE’]. So then they that are in the flesh [carnal-minded] CANNOT please God" (Rom. 8:6-8).

Have YOU ever seen yourself as the man of sin?

Do you believe that YOU were once the son of perdition?

Have YOU ever been carnally-minded in your walk with God?

Have YOU ever left your first love?

Have YOU ever put your hand to the plough and looked back?

Has the spiritual house YOU built upon the sand fallen yet?

Have you fallen from grace since first believing?

No? You say, "NO—NEVER"! Then the chances are great that "ye are YET carnal."

WHEN WILL I SEE THE BEAST WITHIN?

Paul wasn’t telling the unbelieving world that "ye are yet carnal." Nor was Jesus telling the world that they had "left the first love." No, Paul and Jesus are both telling THE CHURCH that they are "yet carnal and have left their first love"! In other words, AFTER coming into a church, AFTER they have accepted Christ, AFTER they have pursued their walk with God, AFTER they have built a spiritual house upon the sand, AFTER they have become indoctrinated with the commandments of men and the traditions of men, can one fall away and be in a position to actually spiritually SEE THE BEAST WITHIN! SEE the man of sin and the son of perdition. See your carnal-minded, God hating, SINS. You and I and all who have be enlightened by God’s word and our own failures in life, can surely see that we are all spiritually, WILD BEASTS.

If you insist that: "Ray! I don’t see myself as a spiritual BEAST, or a man of SIN, or the son of PERDITION [destruction]." Well, all I can to say is to parrot Paul: "YE ARE YET CARNAL."

http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Phil3:10

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 12:59:56 AM »

To Everyone,
The depth of this post is so much more than I have every seen in The Babylonian church.  Carnality, the Beast within, sin and the flesh are all corruptible. Take the time to read 1 Corinthians 15 to find the joy of Christ. Notice especially all the "all in verses 22 through 29. My favorite verse is verse 49 (so wonderfully expressed by Ray) "As we (that is us) have borne the image of the earthly, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly". Verses 50 through 58 wrap up the greatest promise every made. To HIM be the glory.
Phil3:10

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »

Hi Phil3:10,

This discovery of who actually is the beast that I had searched for in Christian churches and books was a profound "revelation" to me and tied together many things that struck home, it is me, us, everyone who ever lived in every generation.

It is an incredible thing how we are directed by the denominations to look outward (past, present and especially the future) for something that is right at home within us!

The following are just a very few of the scholars, teachers and ministers take on "the beast."

Clearly, the BEAST was the ROMAN EMPIRE, with its prophesied revivals—its successive "resurrections" down through history.

The BEAST is, at once, the human leader over the final revival of the Roman Empire, and the military and political system he controls.

The beast has existed from the time of the ancient, pagan Roman Empire! At its head have been such leaders as the Roman emperors Constantine, Justinian, Charlemagne, Otto the Great, Charles the Great, and Napoleon.

Then, Mussolini and Hitler, at the head of the Axis powers during World War 11, formed a brief resurrection of the same old system. German units carried Roman standards in parades and marches. The symbol of Mussolini's army was from ancient Rome. Mussolini called his militarist government the "Holy Roman Empire."

There is obviously another resurrection of the Roman Empire to occur in the future—in OUR TIME! "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet," said John (Revelation 17:12).

That prophecy is specifically for us, now! Today, there are no absolute monarchies in Europe. Will the terrible economic conditions in Britain, and then in Europe, cause nations to return to monarchies? Is it conceivable Prince Charles could yet abolish Parliament—step in, and take over, in a bid to save Britain from complete economic and social chaos claiming absolute power? Many European countries have royal families, various claimants to nonexistent thrones, including Holland, Belgium, Germany, and Spain, among others.

The prophecy could be satisfied if presidents, premiers, or prime ministers took total power, or if military dictators arose, but it is not beyond the realm of possibility that monarchies could return.

Who then, is the Beast of Revelation 13?
From these 6 clues the Stewarton Bible School presents the following answer. The Beast, the Antichrist, the Lawless One, the Little Horn is a supernatural being who existed millenniums ago and was imprisoned in the blackness of the Abyss for crimes too grievous for our puny minds to even imagine. Though the evil influence from his past existence still pervades human civilisation, the Beast himself is in the Abyss at this very moment

In Rev. 9: 11 we are plainly told that a mighty monarch called Abaddon, the Destroyer, the Exterminator shall arise from out of the Bottomless Pit to terrorise mankind: that is, all except those who have accepted the Almighty's seal. The prophecy also tells us that three unclean spirits like frogs, the spirits of devils, motivate the Dragon, the Beast and the false Prophet. In other words, the Beast is an evil, unclean being like Satan the Devil and the False Prophet. Unclean output (lies) issues from each of their mouths.

Rev.16:  13: And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 

As king of the evil host which emerges from the Bottomless Pit, Abaddon is the personification of evil, a sadist of unspeakable depravity and he speaks with an unclean, lying tongue!

Bearing these six clues in mind and comparing them with the prophecy of the Abyss, it is our considered opinion that the Beast who also rises from the Abyss, could well be Abaddon, the Destroyer, the King of the Bottomless Pit, the Exterminator from Sheol the Son of Hell! Yes, the Beast could well be Abaddon, the King of the Bottomless Pit, the unclean spirit who teams up with Satan and the False Prophet against Yeshua the Messiah. When the Beast rises from the Abyss at the 1st Woe, he will attract to himself the world's allegiance and adoration an adoration born of terror. He will then go on to be worshipped as the Antichrist - God on earth!

2 Thess.2:  3: Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 

At that time the Beast's most ardent followers will abandon themselves to violence, sexual licence and Devil worship, the very sins multitudes of evil angels were imprisoned in the Abyss for in the days gone by. (Jude 7). For three and a half years the Beast will govern the whole world, compelling its terrified inhabitants into receiving his Mark. At the end of that period he will organise the military might of all nations and dare to launch an attack on Yeshua the Messiah at his return. He will perish in the attempt and be hurled to his doom in the Lake of Fire. (Rev. 19:19-21)

One of the greatest mysteries of all time is the identity of the dread Beast of Revelation. The Bible describes him as the ultimate villain in human history, the archetype of evil, the incarnation of wickedness and perversion. Based on his Th.D dissertation on the dating of Revelation, Dr. Gentry discusses the evidence thoroughly but in a popular style, and lets the reader choose for himself. But be forewarned: He has constructed an ironclad case for Nero as the Beast.

Now for some sound doctrine......

AFTER WE FALL AWAY

http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

And what does Paul tell us will be revealed AFTER we fall away?

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first, and that MAN OF SIN BE REVEALED, THE SON OF PERDITION" (II Thes. 2:3).

The beast, the man of sin, and the son of perdition are all one and the same:

"BEASTS": We have seen from God’s word that God calls mankind "beasts"—Psalm 49:12 & 20; Titus 1:12-13; II Pet. 2:12; Psalm 73:22; Jude 10; & Ecc. 3:18). There is not just one prophetic beast OUT THERE, somewhere. We are ALL beasts—within!

"MAN OF SIN": This phrase can be translated: "lawless one" or "man of lawlessness," as numerous translations do. But it can also be sin. Are we to believe that there is only ONE "man of sin?" or only ONE "man of lawlessness?"

"For ALL [all mankind] have sinned, and come [Greek: ‘fall’] short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23).

"MANY [not few] will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord... And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity [margin: ‘lawlessness’]" (Matt. 7:22a & 23).

"But the scripture has concluded ALL UNDER SIN…" (Gal. 3:22).

"Man of sin" is by no means the sole description of some one man that appears at the end of the age before the return of Christ.

"SON OF PERDITION": This phrase should really be "son of destruction." Again, my King James has "son of destruction" in its margin. Is this speaking of just ONE person at the end of the age who will be called "son of perdition?" Hardly. Jesus called Judas "the son of perdition [destruction]" in John 17:12. So maybe there are only two people who are ever given this designation? ‘Fraid not. Notice what Peter says:

"But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition [destruction] of UNGODLY men" (II Pet. 3:7).

So are only the "ungodly" men at the end of the age "…reserved unto fire against [until] the day of JUDGMENT and perdition [destruction]…?" Notice what else Peter tells us in his epistle:

"…it is the era [now] for the judgment to begin from the HOUSE OF GOD" (I Peter. 4:17).

But are we, who are members of the "house of God" considered "ungodly" people? Either we are "ungodly" sometime in our lives, or Jesus Christ didn’t come to justify us or to die for our sins:

"But to him that works not, but believes on Him that justifies the UNGODLY, his faith is counted for righteousness" and "For when WE [believing Christians] were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for THE UNGODLY [that’s us, that’s everyone, that’s ALL believers who will have their works tried in the fire, I Cor. 3:15]" (Rom. 4:5 and 5:6).

A word study will clearly show anyone that Jesus came to SAVE those who are and will be destroyed. And do I have a Scripture on that? I am glad that you asked. Here is a beautiful lesson that will show us just how important it sometimes is to know from what original word a word in our English translations came.

Here is the temporary fate of most humanity:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to DESTRUCTION, and many there be which go in thereat" (Matt. 7:13).

Did Jesus come to SAVE all those who enter the broad gate to "destruction?" YES HE DID:

"For the Son of man is come to SAVE that which was LOST" (Matt. 18:11)!

There it is!

There is what? Where does that verse say that Jesus came to "SAVE that which was DESTROYED?" Why right in the verse, of course. You see, the New Testament was written in GREEK, and in Greek, here is what Matt. 18:11 says: "For the Son of man is come to SAVE that which was apollumi." And just what does apollumi mean in English? Strong’s Greek Dictionary of the New Testament: "#622 {92x} apollumi to destroy, to perish, or lose" (page 37). Ninety-two times in the New Testament we read of "destroy, destruction, destroyed/perish, perishing, perished/lose and lost, and they are all translated from the same one word, apollumi! So whether one is destroyed, perished, or lost, it matters not to Jesus—HE SAVES THEM ALL!

Old Testament too:

"O Israel, you have DESTROYED yourself; but in Me is your help… I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death…" (Hosea 13:7 & 14)!

"The righteous PERISH, and no man lays it to heart…" (Isa. 57:1)

And concerning lost Israel God says,

"I will seek that which was LOST, and bring again that which was driven away…" (Ezek. 34:16).

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me!

I once was lost [apollumi—lost, perished, destroyed], but now am found;

Was blind, but now I see.

Oh the whole church world will sing about it, but they don’t completely believe the words they sing. They will appropriate the word "sinner" and "lost," but few will confess to being "the man of sin" or "the son of perdition [destruction]."

So there are innumerable Scriptures that show that you and I and all humanity are or have been apollumi—lost/perished/destroyed. We all spiritually die once. The called and chosen are then judged in this lifetime, while the many called but not chosen (and all unbelievers) will be judged in the second resurrection white throne judgment.

We all fit this description of "the man of sin, the son of perdition" of which Paul speaks. And when Paul tells us where this man of sin and son of perdition" resides, he removes all doubt of whom he is speaking.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.