bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Followers Of God... and Money  (Read 5479 times)

decas247

Followers Of God... and Money
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:50:04 PM »

Hi

Fellow Brothers/ Sister

I am wanting to ask what is your view of followers of Christ in business, i believe in business as it allows me to give more to the less fortunate such as children in the developed world, and also being able to provide for my family and help others, and for a secure future and something that can be passed on throughout the generations. is there anyone else here in business who would like to share with me or just anyone who is open to sharing on this topic, as there is a scripture which i think say money is the root of all evil what is meant by this also? as a follow of Christ i feel we can do more good with money than evil, as i give allot to children in the developing world, especially due to my business.

Awaiting your replies

God Bless U All For All Your Love And Support

Selina :)

hillsbororiver

Re: Followers Of God... and Money
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »

Hi Selina,

Paul writes "the love of money" is the problem, not money itself;

1Ti 6:10  For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Our love lies where the heart is, if we love the things that money can buy us rather than love God for what He has, does and will provide for us than money is an evil thing, if we have been chosen to be a good steward of the money (or anything else for that matter) He will bless us exceedingly.

Mat 25:28  Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

Mat 25:29  For unto everyone that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

Anything, any action inspired by love of God will reap rewards, anything inspired by love of self (vanity) will be purged and destroyed, as Jesus Himself said we cannot serve two masters.   

Mat 6:24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 11:14:02 AM »

Joe, that was a good response. Rodger, money itself is not 'evil'....and I doubt Selina is trying to 'purchase' the 'gift of God'.

Selina, since you're in a giving mood-I could use some money myself.  ;)

Peace,
Sorin

Sorin

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:49:06 AM »

Yes, Rodger, money is the root of all evil. But why do you think that is? Is it perhaps because money can make your life easier?
I THINK so. I mean, how does money make one's life easier? Well for one, that person will no longer have to be a slave to the system,
getting up at a certain hour every morning, going to work, then coming home through rush hour traffic only to do it all over again-thus waste your life slaving away to system. Money, can set you free from that enslavement-not to mention all the things you can purchase with it. And it's because of that, that some people will do evil things to obtain it.

-Sorin

dewey

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 10:11:14 AM »

i have read all these post about money, and i have come to the conclusion that not one thing has changed sense the days of old. they used grain,olives,cattle of all kinds. furit, it has been said that they had strawberrys as big as a coffee cup. now days we have a different kind of money,some small ones , some big ones . but after it is all said and done, showe me 1 person that can live in this day and age without money, and i will show you a leach that i give my furit and vegistibles to .LOVE TO YOU ALL dewey said it.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »

Such plain scriptures and I continue to ask myself why few can see this!!
Thanks Rodger and Joe

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.