bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DAUGHTER NEEDS PRAYER  (Read 8309 times)

Matt

DAUGHTER NEEDS PRAYER
« on: January 15, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »

All,
 My daughter fell asleep at the wheel yesterday and crashed into a parked car.
Physically, she is o.k. 
She had been depriving herself of sleep for many months, blaming it all on her job.
My wife and I suspected something deeper was wrong for the past few days.
The doctors diagnosed her with sever bi polar disorder and she is now committed to the mental health ward. 
She believes she is a Japanese person.  She believes that she is fluent in Japanese, and that she was able to learn it in 3 days (and many other delusions).
It is very saddening to see her in this state.
Please pray that she will be healed, and for my wife's emotions through this ordeal.
I could not think of a better group of people to ask!

Matt

Kat

Re: DAUGHTER NEEDS PRAYER
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »

Hi Matt,

What I sad situation for your family.  I will pray for your daughter and your whole family through this ordeal you are facing.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Little Joe

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 01:45:22 AM »

Hi Matt,

What I sad situation for your family.  I will pray for your daughter and your whole family through this ordeal you are facing.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

You can count me in, too.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 01:45:51 AM »

Me too.

ez2u

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 02:54:54 AM »

mathew  my prayer are with you.  Several years ago one of my sons became mentally ill.  This is a hard situation to understand.  Reading your post I wonder this alledged bipolar was on set by the car accident?  or what?  Many people are inappropriately dignoised.  A lot of research on the family's'  part must be taken to insure the safety of the family member that is having mental problems.  Otherwise they are thrown to the dogs.  I would like to share with you a verse that has been a strength to me as I have travel through this maze with my son.  I pray it will give you strength and comfort in knowing God is still in control.  sincerely Peggy
Eph 1:12  for our being to the praise of His glory, even those who did first hope in the Christ,
Eph 1:13  in whom ye also, having heard the word of the truth's good news of your salvation--in whom also having believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of the promise,
Eph 1:14  which is an earnest of our inheritance, to the redemption of the acquired possession, to the praise of His glory.

Eph 1:15  Because of this I also, having heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and the love to all the saints,
Eph 1:16  do not cease giving thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers,
Eph 1:17  that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of the glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the recognition of him,
Eph 1:18  the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, for your knowing what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19  and what the exceeding greatness of His power to us who are believing, according to the working of the power of His might,
Eph 1:20  which He wrought in the Christ, having raised him out of the dead, and did set him at His right hand in the heavenly places ,
Eph 1:21  far above all principality, and authority, and might, and lordship, and every name named, not only in this age, but also in the coming one;
Eph 1:22  and all things He did put under his feet, and did give him--head over all things to the assembly,
Eph 1:23  which is his body, the fullness of Him who is filling the all in all,

please note: and all things He did put under His feet and did give him head over all things to the assembly

also the fullness of Him who is filingthe all in all   this is very power!!!  God Bless  I hope you go back and read the chapter before it really is enlightening.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:56:42 AM by ez2u »

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:39:14 AM »

Matt,

I'm so sorry. I pray for strenth for you and your family during this time.

Ursula

joyful1

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 12:21:48 PM »

Bless your heart, Matt! I pray now for God's strong arm to comfort you with peace....and flood the life of your daughter with all that He has predetermined to give her and you and your family... for this trial!
Joyce

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 12:36:24 PM »

Hi Matthew,

You and your family are in my prayers, stay strong in His Spirit as He leads you through this Brother.

His Peace and Comfort to you all,

Joe

Matt

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:16:20 AM »

Thank you everyone for your prayers :)

She is getting better everyday, but it will be a while until she fully recovers.  After educating myself, I can now see that she definitely has bi polar disorder.  The military has an amazing program here to help her through this.  The doctor does not believe in creating a sedated zombie.  He is methodically adjusting her dosage, increasing it slowly and stopping when she has reached the appropriate level.  She is also in a secure facility, receiving education and counselling.  She is excited that her life will finally be on track.

God is doing amazing things here.  My wife sees the accident as divine intervention in a long history of rebellion from my daughter. 
This has given me an opportunity to show my wife scriptures to back it all up.  I have taught my wife about the word "ra" (evil) and showed her the errors in the bible where it is misused.   
This morning, I woke and felt I had to show her Isaiah 46.  She was stumped and amazed to see that God will do His will, as well as his desire, purpose, everything. 
She is silent and confused right now because nothing we have been taught by the "church" fits our situation.           I believe God is beginning to speak to her.
Any advice is very welcome.

Matt   

Phil3:10

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 01:26:33 AM »

Matt,
My prayers and thought will be with your daughter and family. I was just talking to my daughter who is leaving Friday for 5 months in India.
I told her I would keep her in my prayers and of course she welcomed my prayers.  I fully realize that but for the Grace of GOD I could be where you are right now.  However, we know that all is of God and that HE will work it out.

Sorin

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:41:20 AM »

Matt,

Sorry to hear that about your daughter. At least, she is receiving treatment-I hope that she will recover from this.

Take care,
Sorin

Robin

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

Sending prayers for your daughter and for all of you.

brandon h

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »

Sorry to hear this, Matt. I can't imagine the grief on your family right now, but our prayers are with you.

God Bless and stay strong in His word

Matt

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »

I thank you all for your prayers!  This is the first time I have ever felt like people have really prayed and really cared for me and my family. 

My daughter is now home with us, and though there are many challenges ahead, I am very confident that we will make it through it all. 
My only regret is that I may never meet any of you in person. Maybe one day I will be able to make it to a conference.  Until then, I will just have to enjoy you all here in cyberspace! ;)

God bless you all,
Matt

gmik

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »

Matt I just read this today (Tues. 5:00pm).  To read this thread w/ your post of parental "desperation" and see the prayer warriors, and then read as the event unfold.....well, I am just so excited right now.  Really, it is seeing God at work!  At first I was so sad that I hadn't added my prayers but this is a nice blessing to read it now.  And God is not anywhere near done!!!  You will still have my prayers, thoughts, and love to you and your "gals".

PS  When will you be returning to the States??  Just wondering.

Little Joe

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 09:47:15 PM »

I thank you all for your prayers!  This is the first time I have ever felt like people have really prayed and really cared for me and my family. 

My daughter is now home with us, and though there are many challenges ahead, I am very confident that we will make it through it all. 
My only regret is that I may never meet any of you in person. Maybe one day I will be able to make it to a conference.  Until then, I will just have to enjoy you all here in cyberspace! ;)

God bless you all,
Matt

Matt,

Glad to hear that your daughter is doing better  :D.  Our children are a blessing for God, no matter what challenges they bring us!  My son also suffers from depression (as I do), besides the stomach disorder, and he's ADHD, dyslexic, and has chronic insomnia, so I know a little bit about what you are going through - only less severe than bipolar.  But he is also a real blessing, having a big heart and empathy for others.  My heart does indeed go out to you and your family!  I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 02:57:16 PM »

Matt,
I am so glad to hear that your daughter is at home and doing better. I will continue my prayers for your daughter and family. All is of GOD.

josmom

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 03:02:02 AM »

Matt,

Hi. I'm new to the board.  I surely know the  pain your family is going through.  I have bipolar disorder and was hospitalized for most of the month of October.  I had been doing well with medication and counseling until my sweet daughter died in September.  Now, I'm just trying to make it through each day.  I will keep your daughter, you and your family in my prayers--most days all I do is sit in Jordan's room and cry and pray.  God Bless.

Leisa

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 03:27:16 AM »

Thank you for sharing this with us Leisa.

Your burden is great indeed.

There will be a time when our Lord will wipe away all your tears.

Peace be with you

Arcturus

Matt

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 10:39:36 PM »

Leisa,
  Thank you for sharing here.  I do not know the depth of your loss, but I pray for you and your family too.

When my daughter takes her meds regularly, life is good.  Many times though, we struggle to keep her on them.  Her being 18 yrs old does not help either.  My wife and I are quickly learning how to communicate more effectively with her and praying for God to be merciful on her through this time of her life.

May you find your joy again soon, and be able to live each day to its fullest!

Love and Peace
Matt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.