bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: asking for prayer  (Read 3770 times)

ez2u

asking for prayer
« on: January 16, 2008, 04:31:48 AM »

Dear brothers and sister in the Lord  please pray for my husband and my family  we have been through a great suffering with my husband illness and loss of our business and income.  His mother died that same year and my father died the year after, while I was visiting my mother in another state right after my fathers death we were robbed and recently my mother
wasn't given long to live.  Now we received a letter in the mail where our business property is being taking illegally out from under us.  Yes  I said it clearly the act is totally illegal and being done by big business.  Our property is being stolen from us.  now I know  everything works together for good to them that love the Lord and are called according to His purposed.  As I have been reading this forum there are so many here in the refining fire and it is good to get the support from others to continue in the faith.  I tell myself  God is not dead  nor does He have dull hearing  He is actively doing His Will on this earth.  My mind is thinking about the harsh things we have been made to endure and I think about the bigger picture that the Lord tells me about in His Word  His will being done on this earth.  I am sure many people in the time that Isreal was in Eypt suffer and died as God's will was being done it was records as such.  All those babies under two years old murdered after Jesus was born.  We are coming into a one world government.  Who can tell the future and what that will bring.  My mind is being raised up or expanded in to a bigger picture  where I am not a citizen of this earth but instead in the family of our heavenly Father.
 with all that that means.  It makes it easier to let go and trust the Lord in what He is doing. I am finding a great deal of calmness and peace as these birthing pains hit me to reach out in prayer in my prayer closet, in my mind, to Jesus.

Php 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, Rejoice!
Php 4:5  Let your reasonableness be known to all men. The Lord is near.
Php 4:6  Be anxious about nothing, but in everything by prayer and by petition with thanksgivings, let your requests be made known to God;
Php 4:7  and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
please pray for us and I will be also praying  for you.  These are exciting times we are in.  peggy

hillsbororiver

Re: asking for prayer
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:08:41 AM »

Hi Peggy,

Yes indeed we are in exciting and very interesting times for sure, some more than others (at least at this very moment).

You certainly have a lot on your plate presently but I know from personal and also other's experiences that these types of trials do draw us closer to the Lord, we must continue in faith, trusting Him.

Dear Sister you and your family are in my prayers.

His Peace to you,

Joe

LittleBear

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »

Dear Peggy,

I am so sorry you are experiencing so many troubles. I will pray.

Ursula

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 01:17:59 PM »

Hi Peggy,

Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair  :-\  But I see you are putting your trust in Him, what better hands can we be in. 
The bigger picture that you spoke of, as I see it this life is short and their are a lot of trials and sufferings. 

James 4:14 " whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. What is your life? For ye are a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

But if we can remember what lies beyond this life.  That's where our hope lies. 

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."

Col 1:24  Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church,
Col 1:26  the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to His saints.
Col 1:27  To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Hang in there sister, I'm praying for you  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dogcombat

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 04:27:02 PM »

Peggy,

What you're enduring now is a LOT.  But, as I read your words, I thought of God's chastening fire as "Slow Cooking".  In His Proper Time will you be perfected as a result of your trial. 

Ches

Phil3:10

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:12:31 PM »

Peggy,
I have just finished praying for you and will continue. From your thoughts and petitions I have no doubt our LORD will see you through and use these difficult times to strengthen you and your loved ones. Hang in there and just rely on HIM that is able.
Phil3:10

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 12:39:41 AM »

thanks all for your prayers and kinds words.  What I am coming to understand is that it is not waiting for the firer to stop but being in the firer with out the smell of smoke on my garments.  Peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.