bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worship of Self  (Read 4639 times)

phazel

Worship of Self
« on: January 19, 2008, 03:51:17 PM »

I am in a process of being called out of the church I am in.  As much as I desire to just walk away I have found myself compelled not to do so and to tell the leaders of the area that I am serving the reason.  Not with the intent of arguing or trying to convince them,  just a point to fact explaination of why. Even though it is babylon I am responsible for things that no one else has been trained to do so I do not want to leave them hanging.

I believe the holy spirit wants my departure to be in love and truth even though it might be justified to just stop going because it is babylon.

I think I have been shown at least a glimpse of what it is really like to give up ones self.  I honestly hate being there and it would please "ME" very much to just stop showing up.   But I have been led to share my beliefs and direction as the reason I am leaving rather than voicing my opinion till they have had enough and throw me out.   At this point now,  they could allow me to stay to teach a replacment or just ask me to go ahead and not come anymore.

But I got to thinking about some of the exchanges I have already have had and no one is trying to correct me with scripture.

One said that I am being lied to by the enemy, ok, thats always possible and we all have to deal with that.

Then he said I can overcome that lie and said  "you know what it takes?"   He then said  "It takes a heart to follow God so that you can ask HIM to change your heart" And I have to make the willful decision to change.

Now, I do not want to bad mouth the person who said that.  I am pointing that contradiction out because I used to say those very words to people.   After hearing them from someone else I realized why I myself did not notice this glaring contradiction at one time.  It was because I wanted to be the one that took credit for the change of heart and God would respond to my greatness.   

I find it fascinating that God intended for me to be so self serving so later I could recognize it and understand a greater depth in scripture.   

So here is a case where now,  I am glad I have been in babylon and look forward to where God takes me next. 

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Worship of Self
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 04:46:51 PM »

Hello phazel

God says in Rev 18 : 4 I then heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out from her, my people, so that you may not share in her sins, neither participate in her plagues.

I wanted to be the one that took credit for the change of heart and God would respond to my greatness.

To be brought to repentance for belief in the error that we have free will that is stronger than the Power, Providence, Wisdom and Sovereignty of God, is wonderful.  The teachings on the Myth of Free Will  http://bible-truths.com/lake15.html expounds on what the Church has yet to discover, believe and understand.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 04:48:59 PM by Arcturus »

musicman

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 05:46:30 PM »

If you desire to walk out, just do it.  If you've been called to set them straight then they will be asking you questions.  Otherwise, don't cast pearls to swine.  Funny, I was bothered for years to begin attending church.  Until I learned some truth.  Then the churchians became mysteriously silient.

Phil3:10

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »

Hello Phaze,
I went through pretty much the same thing you are now going through. I have been out of the Babylonian Church System for 2 years now and nothing could get me back in.  GOD will call you out when HE is ready.  May HE bless and keep you.
Phil3:10
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.