bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Many called  (Read 9444 times)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Many called
« on: January 20, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »

Hello my name is Terry and live in Va. just wanted to say i love this site and Rays teachings, i have a question and hope someone can help, what does it mean,( many are called but few are chosen, thanks for any help.
   Terry
Terry

Kat

Re: Many called
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:56:57 PM »

Hi Terry,

I glad you have joined us here  :)
This is a special place to me, I do love it here too.

Your question, what does it mean, many are called but few are chosen.

To me the parable of the sower and the seed explain the many called but few are chosen so well.  So many people hear the Truth right on the BT website.  Even though they believe it and even embrace it, only a very few are destined to be the chosen Elect. 

Luke 8:4  And when a great multitude had gathered, and they had come to Him from every city, He spoke by a parable:
v. 5  "A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he sowed, some fell by the wayside; and it was trampled down, and the birds of the air devoured it.
v. 6  Some fell on rock; and as soon as it sprang up, it withered away because it lacked moisture.
v. 7  And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up with it and choked it.
v. 8  But others fell on good ground, sprang up, and yielded a crop a hundredfold." When He had said these things He cried, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

Luke 8:11  "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
v. 12  Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
v. 13  But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.
v. 14  Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
v. 15  But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

To be among the chosen few means Christ will be clearly first in your life above everything else.

Mat 10:34  "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
v. 35  For I have come to "set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law';
v. 36  and "a man's enemies will be those of his own household.'
v. 37  He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
v. 38  And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
v. 39  He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Terry

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 12:46:33 AM »

Thanks Kat i get it now
God Bless
Terry   
Terry

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 07:37:14 PM »

Welcome Terry.  I just welcomed Lady Ranae from Va. too.  Great state!
Anyway, glad you joined us!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 07:39:53 PM »

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the Forum, it is great to have you among us.

Peace,

Joe

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 04:53:54 PM »

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the forum.  I'm also from VA.  I'm happy to see that you love this site and Ray's teachings.  There is truly an abundance of spiritual food to digest.  I look forward to reading your comments.

Rene'

nashay1967

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:45:48 PM »

Welcome Terry! I live in Virginia Beach, Va.

Little Joe

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 12:17:36 AM »

Welcome Terry

Good question.  I'm trying to answer that one everyday of my life so far.  Kat gave some excellent Scripture to study. The key for me is taking up my cross everyday - something many would like to ignore.  I can only honestly say that "I am working on it". i.e., the chosen part, but by no means have arrived.  But the neat part about it is that it is "God who works in [me] to do and to will according to His good purpose" Phil 2:13  So, the fact that you are asking the question is a good sign that the Holy Spirit is working in your life to make that a reality. So, be of good cheer!  :D

Little Joe

Phil3:10

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 03:32:43 PM »

Welcome Terry,
Take a look at John 6 and it will help you understand GOD"S elect. Verse 47 says it all but verse 44 paves the way. I do believe GOD wills to save all, but his chosen elect have a special standing and very few they will be. HIS blessings to you.
Phil3:10

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »

Hello Terry

The entire teachings here in BT are actually all about the called and chosen.

There is a wonderful teaching that I believe helps introduce this concept of called and chosen, which is available at http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.0.html. It is one of two of the earliest teachings on record here at BT.

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Michael

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 08:39:14 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Michael and I'm quite lost in here. How I found this page to post, I have no idea. Just kind of stumbled across it. Anyway, I'm new and it's probably going to take me some time before I figure it out. Hope I didn't intrude here, just thought someone could give me some help with posting?

Michael

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 09:22:41 PM »

Guess I'm starting to figure it out, not real computer savvy. Anyway, my name is Michael and I'm a newbie. I'm presently in the process of trying to help some people understand the truth about rapture, not an easy subject when many are stuck in the traditional teachings of man, but I'm always searching for more truths to make it easier to understand. Sometimes it's difficult to explain to some the difference between figure of speech and reality. So, hope I'm in the right place. I've read much of what Ray has brought forward and think this is where I could expand my learning. Looking forward to getting to know members here. Thank God for everyday in Jesus name.

Brother in Christ

jackson

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 12:31:06 PM »

Welcome Terry!!!

Wow!  There sure are alot of folks here from VA!  Thats gotta be a record of some kind.

psalmsinger

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 07:55:47 AM »

Hello and welcome fellow Virginians:)  I am from Va too, but I may as well be in another state living so near the "crooked road" ;D

Rest in the Lord,
Barbara

joyful1

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 11:11:14 AM »

Welcome Terry!  You know, I've come to think of it this way: God is not trying to save the whole world right now...but intends to save all....so He has in place His "Elect" or chosen ones, those that He is bringing to maturity and who will minister justice in the age to come.....Many are called (the church) but few are chosen or "elected" by God to carry out the stage of salvation going on right now....

comments?
:)  Joyce

lindamadge

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 11:43:58 AM »

So glad to see so many from Virginia, Psalmsinger I know. Three of us here in the Roanoke area. Can't wait to meet some of the BT students in September.

Linda

Dianne

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »

Hi again to all of you.  Yep, there seems to be a few Virginians here.  Linda sure is good to see you post.  This is not only a very informative place to be but funny as well.  Thanks to all of you!

Dianne ::)

Beloved

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 05:41:13 AM »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum
Look Forward to your posts. There is a lot to read and learn here.

we are all here to help and share 

Beloved

LittleBear

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 07:59:01 PM »

joyful1

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »

:D pretty Ursula! pretty!!

:::::shuffles off to glitter graphics to try and find something nice too!:::::
Joyce :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.