bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Illusions?  (Read 5327 times)

rk12201960

Illusions?
« on: January 24, 2008, 07:17:21 AM »

ANNUAL NASHVILLE BIBLE CONFERENCE, Sept. 20-21, 2008

Subjects:  *Orthodoxy & Evolutionists are both wrong on Genesis! *Was it "The Big Bang" or "The God Awesome Blast?" *Is matter an illusion? *Why was the earth "without form" (Gen. 1:2)? *How long were the 6 creation days? *What does "evening & morning" mean? *How old is the Earth & Universe? *Dinosaurs are found in Genesis not Job. *Was Noah's flood global? *Did Noah take dinosaurs? *Where did God get patience (Rom. 9:22)? *Was the creation really hard for God? How hard (Jer. 32:17)? I have found Scriptures that will blow you away. ----------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great topics.
I don't know what Ray will be speaking on the illusion topic, but what do we see that is real?

We worship a God that can do anything with ease, all that we know that's solid matter
is it real?
All the bad things as mass killings or things as such how real are they?
Remember God can do anything He wishes, kinda puts my mind in a matrix question.
Would God really allow such things? Are we seeing things for our understanding?

I'm going to enjoy Rays talks.
Any thoughts?

Randy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:28:39 AM by Randy »

musicman

Re: Illusions?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:16 AM »

Put a grain of sand at the 50 yard line of a football field.  Have the first electron orbiting around the end zones.  That's probably the correlation of an average atom.  Can anything be considered solid which is 99.999ect% open space?  And how about our eyes designed to see things, not necessarily as they are, but as we need to see them.  Is anything really as it seems?  Sounds like an illusion to me.

Little Joe

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:03:15 AM »

Put a grain of sand at the 50 yard line of a football field.  Have the first electron orbiting around the end zones.  That's probably the correlation of an average atom.  Can anything be considered solid which is 99.999ect% open space?  And how about our eyes designed to see things, not necessarily as they are, but as we need to see them.  Is anything really as it seems?  Sounds like an illusion to me.

E=MC2

Matter is enegery, energy is matter.  But in the final analysis,

Does it Matter?    ;D

phazel

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »

Well, if you take any object we would consider "solid", on the molecular level it is actually comprised of moving particles in close proximity to one another.

We view a rock in the only perspective we can have of it; what our current knowledge allows. 

Kat

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 11:31:19 AM »

Hi Randy,

Last year at the Mobile conference Ray touched on this subject of 'Is matter an illusion?'  Some very interesting stuff there.  I think these are some of the deep things of God that is being revealed.

1Co 2:10  But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

Here is a little from the Mobile conference on this subject.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.15.html ------

You think things are what they appear to be, they are not.  This podium seems solid, it’s not, it’s all space.  Suppose as big as this stage is (6’ x 6’) and that high, there is a big block of solid polished stainless steel.  It would weight a lot, very heavy.  Do you know that 99.999...% of that block of steel is space.  It’s an illusion and for all practicality, it isn’t even there.  If you took the space out of it, then it would be so tiny that you couldn’t see it.  Why?  Because it would be to tiny to see. 
v
v
There are so many magical things out there in science.  It all goes down to these little things that you can’t see that we call atoms.  But then the atom is made of other things.  They are made of quartz and things.  Then they’ve got alpha and beta quartz.  So it just keeps going on and on.

Well it says that God created everything, out of that which does not appear.  Yet when we look, the closer we go… Only now can science do that, it couldn’t do that 100 or 200 years ago, now they can. 
It’s made out of stuff that once you take the atom apart it’s no longer solid material.  Now it’s energy and has no specific shape and it starts to loose it’s weight.  How much does a light ray weight? 
Well there is another problem.  Light is a beam, a particle beam and light is a wave.  But it can’t be both, it’s got to be either a beam or a wave.  Light is both.  Scientist can’t figure it out, how can it be both?  It just is, light is both.  But it can’t be both, but it is.  I mean there is a lot of mysteries out here.
v
v
Well it ends with God, because it started with God.  But I want to expand our minds a little bit.  For whatever reason I think God is teaching this generation some things that were not known in the past.  The Apostle Paul and Elisha and Moses didn’t know these things.  Why do we know them?  I don’t know.  I don’t know why we have all of this knowledge, but it must be going to serve a purpose, some how, some way. 
v
v
When the sun goes down or actually when the earth turns away from the sun, it gets dark.  God says He created the darkness.  But you say, ‘no everything just naturally is dark and when He created light and it lightens up the dark.  The dark was always there.’  No it wasn’t, God created darkness.  You say, ‘well Ray you are loosing me now.’  Things are not what they appear to be. 
----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rk12201960

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 10:22:14 PM »

Thank you all,
Kat
that must have been a great conference.
I was going along the points that Ray had made stand out in my mind.
When I think about it , I mean how much God is bigger in every way than even our thoughts. for instance, I remember learning that God could move at the speed of thought.
Wow that seemed really fast to me.

Not so.....
As Ray said, God is spirit not a just a spirit,  and that He is in all places at the same time.
No way is the speed of thought even close to that.
Great stuff!!!!!!!
Of course all this is shown in scripture and not just mans teachings.

;D 8) ;D

Hi Musicman and phazel,
Good points.
I think there was also something said about that man had discovered that there was a force that held all things together even atoms.
This force has to be the spirit of God moving to and fro holding the very thing we call a world together so we can learn to be as God.
So yes Little Joe I think it matters.  ;D

Randy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.