bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Moral Agency  (Read 4924 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Moral Agency
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »

Hi Ray,
> I just wanted to share with you something I have been reading regarding Free
> Moral Agency. This comes from A.P. Adams, who wrote from 1855 to about 1925.
> Perhaps you have heard from him before.
>
> Here is a portion of one of his comments:" But though man is not a free agent,
> his will is free; he has the full power of choice and volition."
>
> Hmm. I just wanted to present his point of view and have attached the document
> so you can see the scriptures he used and the way he positions his view on the
> subject.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> God Bless You and Yours,
>
> Angel

Dear Angel:  Yes, I have a thought:  What a crock!

You quote him as saying, "But though man is not a free agent, his will is free; he has the full power of choice and volition."

So man is not the agent or representative of HIS OWN WILL?  But "his will is FREE?"  "He has the FULL POWER [what pray tell is that phrase "full power" supposed to mean?] "...and [full power of] volition," but he just can do, perform, or carry out anything that he wills through his "full power?"  What pray tell good is such a totally RESTRICTED "full power of the will?"  So God is completely and totally sovereign according to this guy, but man can "think" or "will" anything he desires that is contrary to the sovereignty of God?

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

But all humanity had "FULL POWER" over his thoughts, volition and will, did he?  So man CAN by the use of his 'FULL POWER VOLITION" think good thoughts if he so desires, but no man has ever so desired. Is that the truth of the Scriptures.  Was there not one human being among them that could FREE WILL himself to NOT HAVE "EVERY imagination of the thoughts of his heart to be ONLY evil CONTINUALLY?"

Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked [Hebrew, 'exceedingly WEAK']: who can know it?

Now then if the heart is filled with "EVIL thoughts," and the heart is "EXCEEDINGLY weak," where pray tell does this "FULL POWER OF THE WILL AND VOLITION" come into play according to the Scriptures?

As I said: "What a CROCK!"

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.