bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How God brought me to BibleTruths....  (Read 4588 times)

LadyRanae

How God brought me to BibleTruths....
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:19:52 AM »

This story starts in 1994, when I moved from FL to TN. Even then I saw God in the circumstances; nothing that I put my hand to prospered and my hearts desire was to leave FL. Then, as soon as the opportunity came to move to TN., I took it.
I got a job right away and eventually got a place by myself. I had purposed in my heart to focus on my relationship with God and my emotional well being, and grow into a mature adult. At 21, I had never been on my own and was filled with fear. Then, I met a man who would become my husband.
I was not prepared for the trials marriage brings. Neither one of us was emotionally stable. I had even lost respect for my husband before we got married. As I am going through all this turmoil, my husband decides to tell me that he does not believe in eternal torment! :o Well, I did what any "good fundemental christian" wife would do and tried to convince him otherwise!
After several years of going around the same "mountain" ::) I decided that I wanted to put this argument to rest. I got on the internet and put in Hell in the keyword search. I was kicked back many hits and I opened up the first one. As the page opened up, it became blood red, the letters were bold black. My heart told me that this tactic was not of God. I immediately closed it and tried another hit. When Bible-Truths.com opened, I was amazed at how simple it was. It is refreshing to read truth without all the frivolity in the way. ;D
~ LadyRanae

Michael

Re: How God brought me to BibleTruths....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:37:22 AM »

Hello Renae, I have always believed in God, Even since I was a child. I was not from a church going family, but I always knew there was something more to life than what I had been taught. When I was about 4 years of age I was moved from California to Colorado. My mother was one who worked three  jobs to support her three children. We lived in Aspen, Colorado back in the 60's. Back then there were very few paved roads in Aspen and it was very much a hippy town. My mother not really able to support us all, I would venture out to find any kind of better life, or help I could bring to my mother. I ended up being brought up by the Aspen fire department. Now that can sound like a fairy tail, but it's the God given truth. I used to climbed to the top of little mountains and pray to God that He could take me instead of everyone else. Ignorant little boy I was, not knowing that, that job had already been taken. So I grew up and ended up testing all the different kinds of mind altering drugs you can imagine and ended up in the Navy. I was the best, the youngest and lead my bootcamp with a sword in my hand. Then I was introduced to the real Navy. I was beaten, rolled, stabbed, and all the time praying to God. I have always learned the hard way, but God was telling me to open His letter and read it, with understanding! I'm not one with many words, but there is much, much, more to this story. Peace to you and thank God for everyday in Jesus name AMEN

gmik

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:18:36 PM »

Both testimonies very moving!  Thank you both for sharing!

Martinez

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 07:01:56 AM »

Hey there LadyRanae, LOL!

I think I know what website that is your talking about with the big black letters and blood red background.
I've actually been on that site and read through the stuff on there and I can honestly say I truly think that person has some faulty wiring!

You are a hundred percent right, that website is not from the Lord at all!

LOL!

phazel

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 03:08:46 AM »

I was kicked back many hits and I opened up the first one. As the page opened up, it became blood red, the letters were bold black. My heart told me that this tactic was not of God. I immediately closed it and tried another hit. When Bible-Truths.com opened, I was amazed at how simple it was. It is refreshing to read truth without all the frivolity in the way. ;D

As I went through the various churches I have tried I had always found that some of the teachings in these churches always were very hard to swallow.  As we walk with Christ I realize that it is not easy, it can be painful, lonely to our flesh, sometimes we wonder what is going on.  But the difference is that as we walk we find understanding in the words of scripture that ring true.  I know I need to treat people better,  that part is hard, but reading the scripture telling me to do that is not.

Back when I promoted eternal damnation I remember the first time I read Rays stuff on all men being saved I remember feeling very angry, but I also remember that while I felt angry at Rays commentary of the scripture, I recall finding it very easy to read the scripture he posted.   As I look back,  I never had an easy time reading scripture that was used to promote eternal damnation.   Yes, they are the same scriptures Ray uses in many of his papers, but the problem was is that the meaning I was told for those in church was not true.

So much of that makes sense now.   That is why I believe the bible says Gods Yoke is light.  Scripture, when it has the true meaning behind it is easy to read, our flesh may reject that meaning and struggle with it,  but I believe our spirit finds it easy to bear.   Scripture that does not have the true meaning given is hard on our spirit and more pleasing to the flesh, it is like a contrast of sorts and I am sure I am goofing up trying to explain all of this.

But I am excited that I can ramble on around here and share and it is just wonderful.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.