bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 4487 times)

Susan

Hello again
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:43:44 AM »

I wanted to reintroduce myself, I said a quick hi months ago and I have been reading and listening to audios for many months every day and I have learned so much. I found this site when someone posted a link on a health site, cause I'm a health nut. I had come from what I thought was the true religion for 10 yrs of studying daily with Shepherds Chapel if anyone else has heard of it. He is on TV in a lot of places. Reads from the Bible and teaches verse by verse. Anyway there was a group of us that broke off after a big spriritual wake up call in 2005 and I realized my foundation was built on sand and I saw it fall big time, but it wasn't until I was able to look back and see what had happened that I understood it. For 2 years I was searching for truth and praying, it was really scary without a foundation but I was also leery of what or who I listened to. Now I believe my foundation is built on a rock after studying with all of you. The biggest influence has been the free will doctrine of which I had learned from Shepherd's Chapel that we definitely were free will after all "God doesn't want a bunch a robots" and the evil people wouldn't be tortured for eternity mind you but they would be burnt up and we would see it, real nice. Also the biggest focus in that old time religion was satan, everything was focused on him and how he was going to come to Jerusalem and deceive the whole world. What a mess. The good thing is I did learn the Scriptures but that doesn't mean a thing without the Spirit. Anyway I wanted to thank everyone involved in this web site.
Susan in Sarasota, FL

gmik

Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 04:36:11 PM »

Hi Susan.  What you had believed was similar to me.  Now when i think of it I can't believe I wouldve fallen for that!  When you stand back, and read the black and white....its like ...so obvious that that is NOT God nor what scripture teaches.  But we were blinded and I am so glad to have been granted some light!

Just want to say howdy !

psalmsinger

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »

After the turmoil of regret and repentance, it is refreshing to be cleaned up:)   Sometimes He sends us on a detour near the seat of the synagogue of satan.  Hard but necessary lesson to learn. When Jesus reveals Himself to those that are in the drunken stupor of religion, it makes His path to the Truth so much the sweeter.  Don't you just love our Lord who continues to draw us closer to Him? Praise God!

Rest in the Lord,

Barbara

Kat

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 12:44:16 PM »

Hi Susan,

I'm glad to see you have come back  :)
I think taking the time to have been, reading and listening to audios for many months every day and I have learned so much, was very good time spent.  Ray's articles and audios are full of Truth, but it takes more than one reading to get to some of the knowledge that is there.  I have found that when I reread something there is deeper understanding waiting to be discovered.

I have looked into Shepherds Chapel and as he teaches a few things similar to what Ray teaches, many things he teaches are heresy.  I think for someone to try to learn from someone who mixes Truth with heresy, puts you in danger of loosing the Truth you already have.  Glad to hear you broke off from there.

It think you will enjoy the fellowship of like minded believers and I hope you will join in the discussions.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Susan

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:47:30 PM »

Thank you all for the welcome.
Kat, I have reread many of the studies more than twice. It has taken me about 6 months to really put it all together for a beginning understanding, and now I am enthralled. I didn't realize how much Shepherd's Chapel teachings actually contradicted the Scriptures until my eyes were opened.

Thank you for the transcripts which have made it easy to study. Now I realize how little I do know. I am really interested in the subject of creation for Nashville. I'm hoping that I will be able to attend but the job situation keeps fluctuating.

Looking forward to fellowship with all of you,
Susan

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:48 PM »

Hi Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to reintroduce yourself, I look forward to a continuing fellowship with you.

Peace,

Joe

joyful1

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:41:27 AM »

:D Welcome Susan! Former native Floridian here! Gone to the frozen tundra of Canada now! But sending a warm greeting to a new sister! Welcome! :D
Joyce

LadyRanae

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 11:11:20 AM »

Hey Susan...Welcome to the forum!
 I was born and raised in FL .. Volusia County. I live in VA now though.
It truely is a blessing to be around like minded people!!
~LadyRanae
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.