bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pick up your cross  (Read 4596 times)

MSenter

Pick up your cross
« on: January 26, 2008, 10:35:14 AM »

What does it mean to pick up your cross daily? Thanks Mark.

rk12201960

Re: Pick up your cross
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:42:28 AM »

Hi MSenter,
It means that your here right now.

Randy
  ;D 8) ;D

rk12201960

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »

Oh ok you want the break down.....
well here is my thoughts learned from  Ray.

destroying the false teachings learned from men.
trying to rap your mind around the the very thoughts of God.
we as people are made to fight against Gods understanding thus we are the beast owner of our thrones or so we think.

This is the hardest thing you'll do in your life.
Not a easy thing.
The truths that have favor to us are easy, its the ones that make you really drop in your tracks that take lots of prayer.
But first the physical,
the shunning from family or friends etc..... I guess its different for each person but true none the less.
Read some of the prayer request that's how I know.

so does that mean we are  better than others.
Not at all, who is to say if we were in their place without Gods Grace, we wouldn't do the same?
Balance is not easy.  More so when our feelings are involved its seems not possible. On our own it isn't.
So many things to overcome.
This is what I think picking up your cross daily means in our time.

Randy
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 01:49:21 PM by Randy »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »

I just wanted to underline Randy's response with some words from Paul, he died daily as his "old carnal man" was crucified with Christ every single day, when we lay aside our own wants, wills and desires and replace it with His will we also pick up our own cross and die to ourselves, our old carnal nature day by day.

Rom 6:3   Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5  For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:7  For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:8  Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

1Co 15:31  I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »

Good teaching.  Thanks fella's.

Also, I think of putting His Armor on daily, and learning the Fruit of the Spirit.

Mostly tho I think it is internal-kicking the beast off the throne, and then externally- putting others before me.  Love.

MSenter

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:07:40 PM »

Oh I get it now, to walk in humility, being humble in the sight of God. Keeping our egos in check and to remember we are nothing without Him. Thanks Mark.

rk12201960

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 03:33:02 AM »

Hi Joe,
Great addition to the post.
;D
The scriptures are perfect.
Thanks  ;D
Hi G
I also agree killing the beast is  by no means easy

Hi Mark
thats the ticket.

wisdom and peace
Randy

gmik

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 02:52:48 PM »

Thanks Randy.

Micah 6:8   He has shown thee oh man what is good, but to do justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly w/ the Lord thy God!

Thats it!

dewey

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »

hi Mark ,

my name is Dewey.

I believe all the answers that the brothers and sisters posted to your question were very good but incorrect. Why don't we just let Jesus answer this question.  (read Matthew19:17 thru 19:25)

However, I believe there is also another way.  For example, take the criminal on the cross.  Jesus told him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise".  Now, then, that was very easy and positive truth that you can be saved simply by asking or saying "remember me".  Now then, here's the biggy.  Jesus says in my Father's house there are many mansions.  And here's the punch line.  Do you want to live on the first floor or the penthouse?!!

In the name of Jesus Christ, Dewey & Paula love all people

dewey

P. S.,  If you want to harvest the fruit, you gotta go out on a limb for Jesus

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »

Good thread! It is also a very relevant one as we journey with the Lord on the *paths He layed out for each and every one of us, a totally unique experience for all His Sons and Daughters..

Pro 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Pro 4:11  I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

Pro 8:20  I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

Isa 42:16  And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

Although much of our walk is similar they are not all the same, we have diverse interests as well as different weaknesses and are prone to different temptations and sins.

Dewey mentioned Matthew 19: 17-19 and while this is very true not everyone is drawn or subject to the same temptations (although being guilty of one is being guilty of all, spiritually) in our physical state, some have more issues with lust than others, some have more issues with hate and anger, etc.

Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mat 19:18  He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Mat 19:19  Honor thy father and thy mother: and Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

We had another very similar thread a few months ago that also had some good answers and insights.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5776.0.html

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 17 queries.