bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: URGENT! WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS & PETTITIONS - PLZ HELP!  (Read 8486 times)

Tooostep1955

URGENT! WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS & PETTITIONS - PLZ HELP!
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:54:52 PM »

My Dearly Beloved Sisters & Brothers,

I just told my wife Rita, not more than a week ago, that everything was going along too beautiful and peaceful.
We were overdue to have some kind of struggle - the testing of our faith, etc... Jams 1:3 "You know that you learn by having your faith tested." Contemporary English Version
I am firmly convinced in seeking God's truth and His will, that His children must experience 'growing pains'!

The testing began on Jan 19Th Sat. night.
It all started when my 18 yr old son went to see a movie with a few of his friends. You'd have to know my son to see that he loves our Lord and is trying to live a life that is pleasing to God. While they were waiting for the movie to start, a group of @ five or six guys began harassing them. One in particular was accusing my son of being on a date with "his girlfriend!" He was screaming profane, threatening words towards my son trying to start a fight in the mall. My son & the girl tried, to no avail, to convince him she was with my son's date, not with him. Either he didn't believe her, (so much for a trusting relationship) or he just wanted to act the tough guy - in front of his 'friends'!
My son actually used his brain, (wow, kids these days can think things through!) and convinced everyone that was with him to just leave the mall and see the movie another day. Well, this 'tough guy' along with his friends followed them to the parking lot and continued the harassment. My son had everyone get into the car and lock the doors. The tough guy tried to open the door as my son started the car. When the car pulled away the tough guy either kicked or punched the rear quarter panel causing a 12" wide by 8" deep dent. The car belongs to his sister, so she is the one that had to file the vandalism charge with my son being the victim. The tough guy was arrested and posted bond. We are awaiting a court date.
We all have been praying for him (He is after all, a son of God & our brother whether he knows it or not.) ever sense this mess started. We have been praying that God would bless him with a clear mind and the understanding of his wrong doing. We pray that he would have a heart of desire to truly know God, because only God can bring change to him. (He claims to be a 'christian' on his My Space profile.)
My son came home last night, Friday 25Th and showed me a post this guy has placed on his 'My Space' site. Please excuse the language but it is needed to show the depth of the problem, "B**** I Got Bond Money, you think you can lock me up but I'll get out and when I do you know its lights out!!!!!"

So now my daughter has been requested by the police to file harassment charges. She is at work right now so that is something waiting to take place.

Are we afraid? I'm not for myself, but naturally I can't begin to tell you how sick my heart is with concern for my daughter & son. We all have a close relationship with our Lord, and we all know "all things" do eventually work to God's good for those who love him.

Rom 8:28 "We know that God is always at work for the good of everyone who loves him. They are the ones God has chosen for his purpose,
Rom 8:29  and he has always known who his chosen ones would be. He had decided to let them become like his own Son, so that his Son would be the first of many children." CEV (See above)

I am asking you all to please say a special prayer for my family to see the good in God's plan.

Thanks and love to all of you who do take the time to remember our need.

dewey

Re: URGENT! WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS & PETTITIONS - PLZ HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »

Hey, Tooostep 1955/Don

I have read your request for prayer.  You got it and it has been said.  I can't and will not tell you what to do, but I will say this about that - I would not in this day and age underestimate that fool.  it is very possible he has some kind of help, like maybe a weapon.  I would go get my daughter from work and go with her to the authorities.  Then I would file all the charges that I could; and last but not least, I would get a court order of protection against that person.  It seems to me that you can't make him any madder than he is.  But this way, at least, he can be sure of doing some time in the pokey if he shows up or comes close to either one of your children.  I am very protective of my children.  I have 5 of them.  None live at home, they've all grown up and have their own children.  I'm still very protective of them and I'm almost 65 years old.  And that's my good side.  then I would pray to my Father/God that I would never have to show that person my bad side. 

Love ya, Brother in Jesus Christ's name

Dewey and Paula said it

dewey

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 03:44:25 PM »

P. S. from Dewey

I know what you mean about everything going along too peaceful and beautiful.  Almost every time I see a light at the end of the tunnel, it turns out to be a darned ol' train.  or this:  if everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane.

dewey

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »

Hi Don,

I am with Dewey on this, get a restraining order on this guy after he made this threat publicly.

Your family will be in my prayers.

His Peace and Comfort to you,

Joe

gmik

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 04:16:18 PM »

My prayers and agreement are w/ you and the brothers who posted.  God Bless you during this time!!!

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »

Don,

You and your family are in my prayers for protection, guidance, and restoration of peace.

Rene'

Samson

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 08:49:29 AM »

Hello Don,

Sorry to hear about your Family tribulation, I'd like to say my admiration goes out to your son, He's successfully applying Romans. 12:9-12. He's a fine example for our young people in these wicked times, often we hear about such bad examples with young people these days. My prayers are with your Family, just keep in mind that the individual who made that threat will eventually be humbled and learn humility and be corrected and pruned (Kolasin-gk) by our Heavenly Father, its' his Will. For his sake, hopefully sooner than later. May the peace of God that excels all thought guard your hearts and mental powers guiding you through this most difficult time. Love(Agape), Samson.

rk12201960

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »

My prays are with you and your family.
as I've learned from Ray one day they will be our brother but not today.
Less God should call evil spirits to confront this person, (not a brother)

Gods protection for you and yours brother.

Peace and love

Randy

Little Joe

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 01:01:44 PM »

Your family is in my prayers, also.

Tooostep1955

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 01:32:52 PM »

Dear Family,

Just a quick note to let you know I did contact the local police and they said there was nothing they could do because, "as of right now he has freedom of speech"(!) So, we are awaiting to hear from the courts on the next stage of this 'test'. My son does make me so very proud, (in a humble way for sure, as I know it is all God) needless to say we all are being as cautious as one might be in these times we live. I am going to try and contact his parents, because from what I have been told he lives at home, he is a senior this year, and they took his cell phone as a punishment for something - at least this is what is being told. Maybe his parents will be God's way to get through to him....time tells all.
I am so grateful and humbled at all who have taken the time to read this request, and even more thankful for all of you that are praying that we will be able to see God in all this somewhere.
I will let you know how it all turns out.

Matt

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 10:22:15 PM »

Don,
 I have a 17 year old son. 
The way I see it, the praise you are giving your son for his good choices is the most important aspect here ;)!  This is a great opportunity to strengthen you relationship with him, especially at this crucial age. 

Take this opportunity and RUN with it!!!!! 
Matt

Jackie Lee

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 11:00:04 PM »

I am not a big poster, but read here almost daily, I always say a prayer for those that request prayer.
Praying for you and your family, and all that is involved in anyway.

brandon h

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 11:30:14 PM »

Toostep-

Peace be with you and your family.

Be blessed that you have your whole family living for the Lord right now. That is great. But with that will come trials as you said. My prayers are with you, and thank God for your smart children. I'm 26 and trust me when I say there need be more young ones that need to use there heads.

God Bless

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 12:00:23 AM »

HELLO DON,

I have offered a prayer for your situation.
I have a 17 year old Grandson who lived with us last year for school reasons.
I do understand your concern and the pressure you are facing.
Please know that we all are part of the family and we will petition God for His help.
As you deal with this difficulty, please remember to hold forgiveness in your heart.

Regards, Bob

Tooostep1955

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 11:51:10 AM »

UPDATE: My daughter and son have received their summons to appear in court March 11, 2008.

My attorney has suggested I contact this young man and try and settle out of court. I am praying, my wife is praying and you all are praying. I am still uncertain as of the right thing to do at this time. I know to some who read this matter it all seems so petty and in the bigger scheme of God's plan I know it is. However, I am a dad. I love my children, and want them to rely on God, and know that whenever they are right, that I will support them 100%. So, I beg my sisters and brothers to pray my children and wife and I see, understand, and do God's will in all this.

Thank You All

Little Joe

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 01:27:06 AM »

UPDATE: My daughter and son have received their summons to appear in court March 11, 2008.

My attorney has suggested I contact this young man and try and settle out of court. I am praying, my wife is praying and you all are praying. I am still uncertain as of the right thing to do at this time. I know to some who read this matter it all seems so petty and in the bigger scheme of God's plan I know it is. However, I am a dad. I love my children, and want them to rely on God, and know that whenever they are right, that I will support them 100%. So, I beg my sisters and brothers to pray my children and wife and I see, understand, and do God's will in all this.

Thank You All

I pray that the Lord will give you wisdom in making the right decision, and that he will place a hedge of protection around your whole family in this struggle, In Christ's name, Amen.

rjsurfs

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 10:14:38 AM »

My attorney has suggested I contact this young man and try and settle out of court.

I am not understanding this part... isn't that what lawyers are hired for?  Why would it be suggested of you to settle out of court?  I would think the young man who caused damage to a vehicle while threatening your son (in front of several witnesses) would be the one suggested to settle out of court.  He is the only one with something to lose, correct?

If I understand the facts you have presented here I would question if you have the right lawyer.

My opinion is only my opinion though Don, as is everyone else's here... what works for one of us may not be right for you or your situation.  About 20-25 years ago I was getting myself into trouble with the law... or trouble seemed to find me as well.  It would be much easier to handle something that only affected myself.  I know that if something were to happen to my children now it would be a difficult thing for me... but it is also an experience or life lesson for them.

My prayers are with you... you may not understand the purpose in all of this for quite some time... remember God is also working in the life of the young man who caused this trouble.

Bobby

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »

Hi Don,

I have to concur to what Bobby posted, the defendant should be the one seeking a settlement out of court if I understand the circumstances properly.

Your family is in my prayers,

Joe

Tooostep1955

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 02:02:06 AM »

Greetings To All In The Holy Name Of Christ Our Lord!

I am in the process of contacting a criminal trial lawyer. There is more to this case than I first knew.
My attorney only handles family law; IE: wills, name changes, adoptions, etc...He told me the chances of collecting the damages award from the court is easy, but the actual act of this guy paying those damages is another thing entirely. I did try and contact him to no avail, so we are proceeding with legal actions.

Again thank you for taking time to keep my family in prayer.

Agape love to all

Grateful

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 07:49:13 PM »

Hello,

I just finished reading ALL the postings regarding this angry young man who seems to have "a chip on his shoulder".

Suppose a lawyer or counselor were to ask him, face-to-face, when he is quiet, in front of a good number of witnesses, "Do you REALLY want to hurt this person?  Ask yourself, 'WHY?'  "   And see what he says THEN......it might start the ball rolling in that young man's mind as to whether he really IS sincere in wanting to hurt another person, or to take charge of his own life and mind, and DECIDE to behave in accord with harmonious society.  A Miracle might occur right before everyone's eyes, when he is asked that question!   :D :D   Wouldn't hurt to TRY!

BTW, the dictionary definition of "decision" comes from "de-", 'away from; apart'   and "cis-" , 'to cut' , therefore it basically means "to CHOOSE".

God BLESS this whole situation!  AND each person involved!!

Linda
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.