bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our leaders fiddle.  (Read 7333 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Our leaders fiddle.
« on: January 27, 2008, 08:47:24 AM »

It is extraordinary how we are seeing the prophesies of Isaiah come to pass here in South Africa.

You experienced the Twin Towers destruction that was within seconds. First you see it now you don't.

I find here in South Africa too a breach is ready to fall and the swelling out in a high wall whose breaking is coming upon us suddenly, is also occurring.

What does it mean, swelling out in a  high wall for South Africa. Well look at this. The part of our economy that is high up in affluence, is experiencing a breach in its wall of prosperity. Our electricity is being switched off for hours on end at periodical times throughout the day. This is happening across South Africa. Whole cities are switched off at a time!  Can you imagine? Lifts stop. Malls are plunged into darkness. Security systems go off line. Mines cave into darkness, bakeries loose their production, petrol stations stop pumping fuel and robots switch off. Yes! It is happening here! Our leaders fiddle with the figures of by how much increase to load up the cost for electricity. Electricity is going to be rationed here. Oh I am not complaining. I see exactly the Twin Tower effect happening in this Nation. Our breaking coming suddenly and in an instant!

Why? Because the whole head is sick, the whole heart is faint and there is no soundness in it.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Samson

Re: Our leaders fiddle.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:19:01 AM »

Hello Arcturus,

Before I leave for work to begin a double shift, thought I'd share a response to your post, it brings to mind Ecclesiastes. 1:9,10; 9:1-3; 8:11-14. It seems that in all areas of Knowledge and subject matter that those taking the lead deliberately and unknowingly misleed and disceive others. Experts in all fields load statistics and always seem to prefer being Politically correct instead of just plainly telling the truth. I see this in the Food Industry, Sports, Exercise, Science and Of course we both know in Religion, worst of all. We have to dig deep and do much research in those areas that are important to each one of us to find the best information, Seek, Knock and you will find. Man dominates Man to his own injury, the so-called Shepperds are leading the poor misguided and misled sheep(masses) into a ditch, thankfully in His due time, Our Heavenly Father is going to correct all of this.

May the peace of God that excels all thought guard your heart and mental faculties.

Your Brother, Samson.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:06:16 AM »

Hello Sampson

You are so right about what you say about the food industry. I learnt years ago that the qualifications on the boxes of fruit juices that claim there are no preservatives in the juice is true. The industry simply sprayed the insides of the containers which do not have to pass through the food and health regulations that the juice has to! :D

Also if you take a look at the side effects of our chemical medicines, the illness by contrast appears to be much more desirable! :D This is not to knock medicine and medical advantages of our century. I am grateful for pain killers!

Peace be to you brother

rjsurfs

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »

Hello Arcturus,   :)

Your post touched my heart and I empathize with you.  I too witness in my own country the frivolous and trivial pursuits of our leaders at all levels.

2Ti 3:13 Yet wicked men and swindlers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived."

In my current studies of the scripture I am seeing more clearly how that what hurts people the most... that injures them is deception.  That destruction or to be "destroyed" is good, we know... but this deception is the worst of hurts.

Dan 12:10  Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

The deceivers are also deceived... these that so many men & women put their faith in.

2Ti 3:1 Now this know, that in the last days perilous periods will be present,
2Ti 3:2 for men will be selfish, fond of money, ostentatious, proud, calumniators, stubborn to parents, ungrateful, malign,
2Ti 3:3 without natural affection, implacable, adversaries, uncontrollable, fierce, averse to the good,
2Ti 3:4 traitors, rash, conceited, fond of their own gratification rather than fond of God;"
2Ti 3:5 having a form of devoutness, yet denying its power."
2Ti 3:6 These, also, shun. For of these are those who are slipping into homes and are leading into captivity little women, heaped with sins, being led by various lusts and gratifications,
2Ti 3:7 always learning and yet not at any time able to come into a realization of the truth.

Ray mentions in his Towers paper of the "gloom and doom" at the end of this age, and I believe we are witnessing just that... and a time that the so called "wise of the world" will be turned upside down and there will be much chaos among them.  However, Ray points out the promise in the scripture:

The first half of this prophecy is gloom and doom at the end of THIS age, but it ushers in the time of God’s blessings in the NEXT age that follows even though the theme of that age is JUDGMENT. There is going to come peace and harmony out of God’s judgments:

"…for when Thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn RIGHTEOUSNESS"

Ray's paper entitled "IN THE DAY OF THE GREAT SLAUGHTER, WHEN THE TOWERS FALL" (Isa 30:25) can be found:
http://bible-truths.com/towers.htm

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 10:49:31 AM »

Thank you Bobby for posting that responce of Hope.

What is interesting is the reactions I come into contact with regarding the impact of this situation. We have only just entered into the circumstances of cut off electricity supplies. The imact is still to be felt and it is coming.

Peace be to you brother

rk12201960

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »

Time to move to America Arc?  ;D

Kat

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 12:49:07 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I guess there are national wooes all over the world  :-\

We are bogged down in the war with Iraq, with a presidential election this year who knows where this will all lead.
There is a recession looming, I believe because of the lax lending of recent years, which have lead to us being too deep in debt to pay it back.  Our financial institutions are made of a house of card ready to come tumbling down.
These are just a couple of our nations wooes.

As you have noted the crisis in your country, are we all heading for the swelling out in a high wall whose breaking is coming upon us suddenly

Here too I find, Because the whole head is sick, the whole heart is faint and there is no soundness in it. 

This has been the state of the world in this age ever since God created man in it.

Mat 24:3  Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
v. 4  And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.
v. 5  For many will come in My name, saying, "I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.
v. 6  And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
v. 7  For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
v. 8  All these are the beginning of sorrows.
v. 9  "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
v. 10  And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
v. 11  Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
v. 12   And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
v. 13  But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
v. 14  And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

By means of the internet through the voice of Ray Smith "this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations" is being accomplished.  Preach on Ray, preach on.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 01:38:43 PM »

LOL Randy good one but no I am not going to run! I am exactly where God has put me and if I move it has to be Him moving me!

Kat you are so right and what I see in this links up with what Bobby observed. Jesus said "these things must come to pass" so yes the trials and tribulations, price increases, inflation, electricity cut offs, fuel hikes, unemployment, retrenchments, escalating crime, legalised murders of abortion, incurable diseases etc, have to come...they will pass..."All these are the beginning of sorrows."

I agree that THIS Gospel that Jesus Christ talks about which will be preached in all the world, is not the one in Babylon but certainly IS the ONE HERE in BT.  :) That we have the Truth and the Gospel is what is so very precious midst all the lawlessness. I believe that endurance and patience by way of repentance in humility, is so necessary to the fulfilment in those whose love will not grow cold and who will overcome.

It reminds me of the teaching by Ray on repentance. For me it is so important when suffering what appears to be personal or national injustice and mindless lust for power and greed for carnality, this perception has to be taken as Gods hand in purification to humbleness and temperance to see His Sovereignty and to not cling to a false sense of security that the carnal systems of mankind present. This  for me, was so well illustrated in Rays teaching on the Twin Towers that Bobby referred to at : http://bible-truths.com/towers.htm

Ray writes quote : ...(the Christian nations...look to their wealth...for protection from their enemies....

Not only do nations do this but do not individuals also look to their wealth for protection from their enemies? Is this not the correction as wealth dissolves under the expence of inflation, ill health, injustice or unemployment? Individuals and nations have turned away from God.  They make alliances with the enemy to protect themselves and they do this with their wealth. Look at insurance companies who accumulate billions of Dollars off fear of people who pay heavy premiums for life insurance or physical or property protection. Anyone been back to New Orleans lately?

I do not believe that the world will or desires to face its illness. The Life of Christ will come and correct all and His Gospel will be preached in all the world. The joy of this is that we have the glimpse of the real Gospel of Jesus Christ right here in the teachings in BT. If I did not have this much, I seriously do not think I would have been able to come this far so far...

Peace to you sister

« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:58:42 PM by Arcturus »

Matt

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 09:41:45 PM »

Experts in all fields load statistics and always seem to prefer being Politically correct instead of just plainly telling the truth.

I find this to be very true, even in the military. 
The leaders, many times, are not at fault (though they must accept responsibility).  They are often given misinformation from trusted staff and "experts", usually due to ignorance and/or pride (I always tell my people that ignorance is not a bad word, just a statement of fact).  It really helps more when people just admit they do not know something, rather than passing bad info.

In my line of work, once something is briefed to the "big cheese", it is reality and we have to deal with it, no matter how wrong or ridiculous it is (unless of course safety is an issue).

gmik

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 03:16:51 PM »

Interesting thread!!!

That idiocy and stupidity doesn't just happen to the leaders.  It trickles down even to the neighborhood.

The Peter Principle:  the person that is absolute worse for the job, gets it!!!!  Most of us know we can do a better job than our bosses :D

The moral vacuum of our leaders is unbelievable!!!  I cannot believe that of all the great people in this country, we have to pick from this latest batch???  good grief. Who cares if our president is a woman or ethnic but why not upright, honest, moral, SMART, common sense people!!!  Ah well, God's in control so best not to worry about it!

I live about 70 miles from Detroit.  The mayor has lied under oath, used public funds for "spring vacation-type" trysts w/ someone other than wife, etc etc.  Embarrasing.  But why are these type our leaders!!!

HMMMMM>>>gena, you just said not to worry about it...>>>> Oh yeah
ok, never mind.

Grateful

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »

I do not believe that the world will or desires to face its illness. The Life of Christ will come and correct all and His Gospel will be preached in all the world. The joy of this is that we have the glimpse of the real Gospel of Jesus Christ right here in the teachings in BT. If I did not have this much, I seriously do not think I would have been able to come this far so far...

Peace to you sister

Arcturus and Gena.....I can only think of ONE thing to say :   HANG IN THERE!  IT'S (HELP) coming!!     Hot Dog !!      :D  :D  :D   !!   (OK, so I said TWO things.....so sue me!!  Tee hee!   ;D  )

Love,

Linda

ez2u

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 10:41:03 PM »

I love this post it is right up my alley.  For about 1 year I have been getting inform about the state of our country.  Boy did I learn a lot It was quite disturbing!  Then I started going on BT  and would hear  don't let these things distract you from what you need to be doing.  They were.  I have a candidate I love and wish with all my heart he would win and he doesn't stand a chance in this crooked political arena. Then the Word of the Lord came to me.  I own this earth it is mine and nothing is going to happen to it that I don't declare.  It was so settling to my soul.  No global warming without God being in control.  That was an amazing thought in my head.  My fears began to dissolved and I told my children.         God is sovereign and we are on the right boat.  This ark we are stepping on  I do not believe that flesh with stand on it.  Peggy

carol v

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 04:11:52 PM »

This is an interesting thread. And it is comforting to know this is all a means to an end.

(I think we love the same candidate Peggy and he doesn't have a snowball's chance...)

The electricity problem can only be solved with nucleur power plants which are already operating 20% of the U.S. and all of France. We need more quickly. But we know it will fall apart anyway. The dollar is crashing. The gold it used to be based on is reputed to have been stolen by our own government. Ft. Knox is empty but don't tell the government I told you that please. They like to keep it a secret.

Whichever comes first, the lights going out or the dollar completely crashing, America will be chaos. There will be people jumping out of buildings. Have any of you seen the show "Jericho" where two small U.S. towns start a war with each other after the U.S. gets attacked by nucleur weapons. That will be a reality. Your neighbors today will be desperately attacking you tomorrow.

I'm in trading, so I occasionally get bent out of shape about the decisions of the Alan Greenspan's of the world who have set up this entire subprime mess, encouraged indebtedness instead of savings and allowed the banks to write their own laws. Don't get me started on the crooks at Goldman Sachs...but then I push away from the news, take a breath and go read the only "news" that matters.

Our faith in Christ and belief in every word of scripture is what will get us through. I truly feel blessed that I no longer have to worry about this stuff or worry for my kids. Praise God that I came to Ray's site all those years ago and found out I didn't have to worry about eternal torment for my kids either.

There is still enough flesh in me to worry a little about this stuff but not much.

musicman

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 06:59:05 PM »

Just remember that your money is well spent.  We gotta get those terrorists in Iraq.

Little Joe

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 07:09:19 PM »

Just remember that your money is well spent.  We gotta get those terrorists in Iraq.

Do I detect a note of sarcasm, Musicman?  or did you pull an Amadeus? (tooo many notes) ;D  Some of you mentioned a candidate you love, I betcha I'm for the same guy, but I won't mention his name, because I don't want to taint this forum w/politics!

But that's not where I hope lies anyway!  ;D

Little Joe

Matt

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:27:04 PM »

Little Joe,
 I love the avatar :)
I grew up with the Marx Bros and still enjoy them from time to time ;D

Matt

Little Joe

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 02:02:42 AM »

Little Joe,
 I love the avatar :)
I grew up with the Marx Bros and still enjoy them from time to time ;D

Matt

You betcher life!  ;D  I'll change it from time to time with anther Groucho!
I liked those pics you posted.  Where do you live exactly?
By the way, how is your daughter doing?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 10:16:59 AM »

Hey Matt & Joe,

Another fan of Groucho here; a few of his quotes that fit in this thread;

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows - marriage does.

All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats.

Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men, the other 999 follow women

And a few that don't;

Practically everybody in New York has half a mind to write a book, and does.

From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough.

Go, and never darken my towels again.

I could dance with you until the cows come home. On second thought I'd rather dance with the cows until you come home.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Peace,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »

;D Thanks Joe!

Phil3:10

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »

Carol,
I think you hit the nail on the head. We have no leaders just greedy power hungry people. I look at the virtual idiots running for our highest office and wonder what the next years will bring for my children and grandchildren.
I think we will just continue to sit  back and let our economic system crumble from greed, radical Islamic terrorism and corruption at all levels. Jerico will look like a tea party once our economic system crashes.
GOD has given HIS warning of the tough times ahead and we can only trust in HIM.
It is good to see someone on the inside who recognizes the problem. Thanks for you input.
Phil3:10
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.