bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5216 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: January 27, 2008, 09:23:38 AM »

Mr. Smith,

Greetings to you brother.  As far as your teaching on the myth of free will, I believe what you teach on it, but now I was wondering if you have touched on the subject of Yahweh our Father, does He have free will?  Here is what I found in Job:

Job 2:3 (Young's Literal Translation)
          3And Jehovah saith unto the Adversary, `Hast thou set thy heart unto My servant Job because there is none like him in the land, a man perfect and upright, fearing God and turning aside from evil? and still he is keeping hold on his integrity, and thou dost move Me against him to swallow him up for nought!'

So my question is is Yahweh, in this passage/context:

Free from "PRIOR CAUSES."
              Free from "CONSTRAINT."
              Free from "EXTERNAL CIRCUMSTANCES."

Thank you brother.

Dear Liebe:  I will be answering questions on "free will" till kingdom come. My last email was also on "free will." My 120 page paper on the subject answers the subject thoroughly, but people still think there is "wiggle" room in the Scriptures to contradict God's sovereignty and man's supposed free will.

Are we now to assume from this verse in Job that SATAN HIMSELF is able to CAUSE GOD ALMIGHTY to do something that He had not planned for Himself?  Nonsense.

The King James says, "thou MOVETH Me."  Did Satan actually and literally "move" God from where He was to a different position in this matter?  Again, nonsense.  The Hebrew word for "move" in this verse means to "seduce" or to "entice."  Now then, did Satan really "seduce" God Almighty and MOVE Him to take a different position from what He originally planned. TOTAL NONSENSE.

Yes, Satan "seduced" God and "enticed" God, but it was about as effective as when God says in Malachi that the people "CURSED" God.  When the people "cursed" God, WAS GOD CURSED?  Of course not. When Satan "seduced and enticed" God, WAS GOD SEDUCED AND ENTICED?  Did Satan "seduction" WORK? Of course not.  God is still sovereign.
        God be with you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.