bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Terrible, Strange Place  (Read 13135 times)

gmik

Re: A Terrible, Strange Place
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 02:46:42 PM »

Cool Linda! 8)

Robin

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 03:31:59 PM »

Thank you God, Ray, Joe, Kat and all.

This brought tears to my eyes this morning.
When I read Ray's words it's like my heart finds a way to express itself.
There isn't anything better than sharing truth with others.

God is good.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »

Amen to that M.G.

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 11:31:07 AM »

I was going to originally post this, in my original post in this thread. Then I changed my mind, but after getting a second opinion from a friend ;) I've decided to go ahead and post it.

"I agree with Arcturus-that is magnificent! Also, explains why after numerous attempts at denying that God exists, and pulling away from this site- God keeps dragging me back. I said to myself, from this point on, I'll just forget about God, and just live my life, do things I shouldn't be doing, the pleasures of the flesh and so forth, but that act of rebellion was short lived. God has ways of making you re-think
your plans very quickly. And well, let's just say it's not a very pleasant feeling.'

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:31"

Take care,
Sorin

Hi Sorin,

I am glad you decided to post as many of us can relate to what you are speaking of;

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:31

So true Brother but what a gloriously wonderful culmination awaits.

Isa 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Rom 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me and every tongue shall confess to God.

Phi 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in earth and things under the earth;

All will praise His name and all will be saved;

Act 2:21  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rev 15:4  Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

rjsurfs

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »

Hello Joe, Sorin, and All,

Sorin you are amongst brothers and sisters... and as I know I do... as Paul did... we  are tempted by "the pleasures of the flesh and acts of rebellion".

We encourage each other... and you encourage me.  Joe posted some great scripture.

Bobby

Grateful

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »

Hi All !

Yes, it is a fearful thing to fall into the Hands of a Beautifully-LOVING God....  Relaxing when you know you are "caught", you can then "learn of Him", for the word "grace" is defined (besides "unmerited favor") as "correction ;  discipline."   He WILL show people how to live properly, and to be righteous (Rotherham's Emphasized Bible defines 'righteousness' as 'just').

To your Joy and Gladness in Him,

Linda

Sorin

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Hi Sorin,

I am glad you decided to post as many of us can relate to what you are speaking of;

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:31

So true Brother but what a gloriously wonderful culmination awaits.

Isa 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Rom 14:11  For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me and every tongue shall confess to God.

Phi 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven and things in earth and things under the earth;

All will praise His name and all will be saved;

Act 2:21  And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rev 15:4  Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Hi Joe,

That is indeed true what you say; all will eventually be saved. That is indeed the goal of the Almighty, even if Christians refuse to accept it, or believe it-God is not like us mere mortals who desire things we may or may not accomplish and or receive.

"I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. Isiah 45:23

So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2:3-4

So that's what's "good and acceptable in the sight of God" and that's what He desires, yet according to Christians even God can't accomplish and or receive what He desires.

Perhaps they need to open up their bibles and read Isaiah 46:10
From the beginning I revealed the end. From long ago I told you things that had not yet happened, saying, "My plan will stand, and I'll do everything I intended to do."

So if God will do everything He intended to do, which includes having all men to be saved and come unto a knowledge of the truth; then how can anyone who considers himself, or herself, a follower of Christ, deny it? It's like calling God a liar, isn't it?

Hello Joe, Sorin, and All,

Sorin you are amongst brothers and sisters... and as I know I do... as Paul did... we  are tempted by "the pleasures of the flesh and acts of rebellion".

We encourage each other... and you encourage me.  Joe posted some great scripture.

Bobby

Hi Bobby,
thanks for the kind words. And I'm glad I encourage you. :)

What an absolutely riveting thread.  From mind-hurting quantum physics to Seinfel d to Sorin's honesty!  Loving it!!!!!!!

Thanks Joe and all posters!!!!

(this is parent teacher conference week for me and I get all anxious--I love my forum family where I can come and get grounded again!-no pun intended)

Yes, it is an "absolutely riveting thread", Gena. Glad you're enjoying it.

Take care,
Sorin

aqrinc

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »

So this is where some of the goodies have been hidden, BT forum has many vaults that seem
to be blank walls until you touch the right spot and suddenly there it is waiting for me. Now i
know where to look when the meat locker is running low on provision.

Mods, thanks for the treasures gleaned and left for us late comers to find and enjoy as we grow.  ;D

Geo.

BTW there are some really cool icons no longer available on the forum, any chance  ???
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.