bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie days memories  (Read 3319 times)

Scribbles

Newbie days memories
« on: January 28, 2008, 03:23:09 AM »

I just had to mention something funny about what Gena said on another thread, and I've read where others have had the same " fears "......We lurked for a long time because we were afraid to post....lol.....I was afraid someone would get to know me.....or that my questions were "stoopid"....or that I'd ask in the wrong way, or say something in the wrong way, not meaning to.....I was even afraid to click on the link on the main site, down at the bottom where it says to "click here for something special"....lol....goodness me !  What would happen ? Boogie man jump out from the screen or something ?? Talk about being "nave", "shy", and silly....I knew how to take it to a new level. * * whew **  I'm alot better now. ( for those that haven't looked at that link for the blessing....no, I'm not going to tell you what it is. You have to find out for yourself ) I finally joined in the fall of '06, after reading and studying for almost a year. Not exactly a "newbie" here, and not afraid anymore to "explore"....lol.....thanks Gena for bringing back some cute memories.

Scribbles

Tooostep1955

Re: Newbie days memories
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 01:48:17 PM »

Hi Scribbles,

I find so much of me in your post I had to reply....I got my very 1st PC @ 1998, and I clicked on everything and opened everything sent my way. That is when I got my 1ST and only (so far) virus. Fortunately for me the person I bought the puter from was very understanding, so much so he encouraged me to (being a novice) just explore and learn hands on. I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I 'blue screened' and crashed and visited my seller friend. After I learned just how expensive it could get (there had to be an end to his teaching and patience) I learned to be very careful and not open anything I wasn't sure was from someone I knew, or a reputable company. I had been reading brother Ray's writings long before he posted that special site so, I had no fear of getting 'zapped'!
I was wondering if you could give me the thread where Gena posted, so I too can read about the "fears".

I was afraid someone would get to know me.....or that my questions were "stoopid"

I've heard it said many times, the only 'stoopid' question is the one that isn't asked.

Thx for sharing...

Scribbles

Re: Newbie days memories
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 06:53:27 PM »

Hi....
  Finally got around to replying to you. Gena doesn't say much, but it's still fun to read and brought on the memories. There's so many different types of personalities and such.....some dive right in ( divers ), and some lurk (lukers)....lol....When I first started on the 'puter, I didn't "go everywhere", nor click on everything. I started out slow, then got hooked for good. After learning about spyware and stuff, I was really cautious of websites, and kinda put the damper on my "fun"....lol.....By the time I came here, I had about six years of 'puter use under my belt, and still was "afraid" to click on the special link at the bottom of the main website...lol...nothing better than to laugh at oneself.

I hope others come in and share some of their stuff, so we can snicker about others.... ;D

Her post was in "Introductions/announcements/more teachings....
and "re:oops, newbie....on Jan.26, 2008
and she's replying to Michael ( I think )

Peace be to you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.