bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I feel Lost and alone  (Read 14114 times)

Robin

Re: I feel Lost and alone
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 11:12:25 PM »

Hi Carol and Decas.

I pray that God's will be done in both of your lives. I know how painful it can be.

In my case I don't think it was so much giving up a man that did not share my beliefs, but more giving up my heart's desire that was not centered on God. I knew without any doubt that God said no to being with a man I loved dearly. He was my heart's desire and God said no. I remember being in so much pain and thinking what a cruel joke it was for God to allow this in my life only to take it away. I cried a million tears and pleaded with God. He still said no. I was caught in the middle for a long time before God freed me to obey his will [in my life]. I gave up the idol of my heart and it has not returned. I have been alone for around 17 years and God has given me the ability to be content alone. This was God's will in my life. I was able to remain friends with this man and kept in touch over the phone. He was always there for me. He died 2 years ago.

So regardless of what was right or wrong or allowed or not allowed God said no and for me it had everything to do with an idol of my heart. I fought hard to keep my hearts desire, but God won. He always wins.

Another idol I have is wanting a home. Somewhere I can stay and be comfortable. I am 55 years old and have probably had to move 100 times. I have my new key to an apartment and will be moving again this week. It really kills me to be so unsettled, but I know this is God and I know why he is doing this. "Home" is an idol of my heart. It is not as bad as it used to be, but its still there. I am not yet content in all circumstances.

Philippians 4
11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Mark 10
25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
26And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
28Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Philippians 3:7-9
 7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

Sorin

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 11:31:11 PM »

Hi Decas,

You're not the only one that feels lost and alone. I feel for you. And I don't think you should marry that guy, not because he has different
beliefs than you, but rather because it already looks like a train wreck.

That's my opinion,
Sorin

Grateful

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 03:04:39 AM »

Hi M.G. !   There's NOTHING like WANTING to be in your "sweet, sweet Heavenly Home" ALL THE TIME.....for, the Kingdom of Heaven is WITHIN YOU!!!    YES! It CAN be ENJOYED ALL THE TIMENOW!!!  It's "just" a matter of enjoying your inner life right where you are, at any given moment, when you are holding HOLY Communion with the Lord God Almighty, and seeking to "do the next right thing."   So, whenever we are staying in a motel, at a relative's house, sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent in the wilderness somewhere, or WHEREVER we are....we are :    HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA, Gena!  Yeah, just call me "Glossy Flossie"!!   Tee hee!   ;D    :D

Sorin, you are SO RIGHT!!  "When in doubt :  DON'T!! "  ( The heart is the seat of Intuition, and SHOULD be listened to.....soooo, if there's a doubtful FEELING in the heart, THAT should be one's surest guide as to what to do next....and if one follows one's heart, he or she WILL find out whether they did the right thing by and by.  That's how we learn to trust the Holy Spirit's nudgings, and our Faith grows and GROOOOWS, and we become stronger and stronger Spiritually!  Rah, RAH!  :D :D   

So, Decas, just keep putting one foot in front of the other, looking UP to GOD, trusting that He WILL make your Path PLAIN to you, and just GO in it, and forget about looking back....just moooooove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Things have a way of unfolding their Beauty for you as you proceed.  You just WATCH AND SEE if this is true!!  I double-dog-dare ya!!  (Yes, I'm dating myself here!  HA!   ;D )

Things are looking UP (for you!!) ,     ::)

Linda

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »

Dear MG, now that was a powerful testimony and encouragement, thank you for sharing.  I understand the moving alot and the wanting to settle down and just be comfortable.  Been there many times myself!  DH just had to take a job out of state and now we are having to learn of what Gods' will is at this time...to move or to stay here and just see him every weekend or two (he is 3 hrs away.)???  At least you saw the idol of your heart and were faithgful to God and removed it from getting in they way of your relationship with HIM...I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Carol, keep us informed on what to pray for if things change.  You are on our heart!

Linda, you crack me up!

Great insights Arc!

Nancy

M.G. Can I be honest with you!
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 03:18:50 PM »

Hi there all,

M.G. please forgive me if i sound critical of your post.  I'm not being critical rather am perplexed!! You say that your man friend was an idol of the heart and wanting a home is an idol of the heart, so you mustn't have these things. 
Let me tell you what happened to me! I was at the beginning of having a breakdown.  I felt that God was telling me to sit in my bedroom and pray, period, nothing else.  Now i look back and feel that it was NOT from God but my depression.  I have always had a warped view of what God is. I had a stern father, so God is stern.  You mustn't enjoy your life, etc. You have to preach all the time, you have to this and you have to that.  I have had this all my life until now.  Should i forfeit this peace!  God forbid!
I read a brilliant article on a site called gospelfortoday.org concerning Gods' will.  It states that there isn't this mythical WILL that we have to somehow SEARCH FOR OR ELSE.  This article gave me real peace. 
My husband and my home are probably my idols of the heart. But i am human and God loves me just as i am.
The trouble with feelings is that if you weren't encouraged to have any opinions or preferences of your own, like i had, you don't really know what you want in life. Especially afflicted with OCD as well! It is a double whammy!
May i ask why you feel God asks these things of you? Again please forgive me. If you are happy with life, fine, tell me to mind my own business.
Godbless
Nancy

joyful1

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 01:48:59 PM »

Linda...what is "a gentle zephyr?"
 A softly bubbling spring comes to mind....but I'm not sure what you are talking about in your post?
Joyce  :D

LittleBear

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 05:06:03 PM »

Hi Nancy,

I think you are right. God gives us many wonderful things in our lives and it's a good thing to live thankful lives for what we have. I really think He wants us to be content. So many times we think what we have is not enough, or too much. Having a home or a garden or a wonderful spouse are God given and amazing blessings to be enjoyed. Or even having a small apartment and being single are things to be thankful for. I guess we need to hold these things loosely knowing that we may not always have them.

I think I'm with Paul where he says in Phil 4:11, "Not that I speak in respect of want. For I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

Grateful

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »

Good Morninggg, 'Joyful Joyce' !!   :D

As you are referring to my post #18,  a 'zephyr'  is a soft, refreshing breeze.

Easy-breezy DOES IT!!  :   :D :D  ;D

Linda

Robin

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »

Hi Nancy,

I don't think it's wrong to have a home or be married. I know that God wants me to remain single and he has given me the ability to do that. I'm not lonely and I'm content being single. That was not always the case. I won't write the details because I've seen debates about the subject in other posts and I don't want to start a debate. I can really relate to what Carol and Decas are going through, but I don't know what God's will is for their lives.

I've always had a roof over my head and I should be thankful for that. There are many people in this world who are homeless. Circumstances have always prevented me from staying in the same place for long. I have not been content having a roof over my head. I want the comforts of a permanent home so I don't have to keep moving. This is where I see the idol in my heart and I believe there is a reason God causes these circumstances in my life that are out of my control. Hopefully one day, as Paul,  I will be content and thankful in all situations. Right now I'm like the Israelites grumbling in the desert. I pray that God gives me a grateful heart and that he removes this heart that grumbles against him.

Jeremiah 29:
 11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »

I know exactly what you mean by circumstances MG. I have seen this in my life too! God has withheld on very obvious levels that sometimes I think God is seeing me as a Levite who is not allowed to own anything! :D There is some comfort in the exercise in that at least I am beginning to see God's hand in this which is so much better than believing all the other nonsense that Babylon would have me believe like I am cursed, I have unconfessed sin in my life or like poor Job when his "friends" were convinced that Job was guilty! :D ;D

This is not to say that I have suffered any want or physical needs at all. On the contrary God is showing Himself most capable of looking after me! Maybe that is the lesson for me... :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »

I have an article from Ray on "Unequally Yoked" that needs proofing. Should be posted here and on the site by tomorrow evening.

Dennis

hebrewroots98

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 11:40:09 PM »

Thank You Dennis, I am looking forward to taking the time and sitting down to learn from this.   :D

carol v

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 03:30:21 PM »

I look forward to reading it Dennis. Thank for all your work.

Carol

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 07:19:21 PM »

[From Ray]

It has been brought to my attention that there are some lively discussions on the Forum over who to marry or who not to marry.  I am sure this was all done in the earnest intent to help all involved in making wise decisions in this most important of matters—marriage.  It is needful, however, that we exercise great caution in such important areas.  The Scripture about not being unequally yoked together with unbelievers usually comes up. This statement of Paul’s may seem to many to be a simple “cut and dry” verse of Scripture that is easily understood.  Truth is, however, there are more implications to this verse than most are aware when giving it a causal reading.  Hence this paper.

http://bible-truths.com/yoked.htm

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:58:23 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Samson

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 11:13:53 PM »

Hello everyone,

Just read and reviewed Rays counsel about this Marriage discussion and about being unequally yoked in all areas versus in only some areas and I must concur, its' great balanced counsel. My wife and I are a good example of that, she is entitled to her beliefs and I'm entitled to mine with a mutual respect for each others' right to do so. Our thinking in most other areas of everyday life is agreeable. Now that I know that God has a plan for everyone leading to their eventual Salvation, theirs no need to get spiritually pushy with her, something I would have had a tendency to do in the past. We discuss some of the material on this site, she may agree on some points and disagree on others, no need for any bullying here. Just as it can be dangerous and unwise to play matchmaker, it could also be dangerous and unwise to tell others (grown adults), who they should and should not marry. Thankyou Ray for your insight on this matter that pertains to all of us at this Forum.     Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Little Joe

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 01:45:06 AM »

Hello everyone,

Just read and reviewed Rays counsel about this Marriage discussion and about being unequally yoked in all areas versus in only some areas and I must concur, its' great balanced counsel. My wife and I are a good example of that, she is entitled to her beliefs and I'm entitled to mine with a mutual respect for each others' right to do so. Our thinking in most other areas of everyday life is agreeable. Now that I know that God has a plan for everyone leading to their eventual Salvation, theirs no need to get spiritually pushy with her, something I would have had a tendency to do in the past. We discuss some of the material on this site, she may agree on some points and disagree on others, no need for any bullying here. Just as it can be dangerous and unwise to play matchmaker, it could also be dangerous and unwise to tell others (grown adults), who they should and should not marry. Thankyou Ray for your insight on this matter that pertains to all of us at this Forum.     Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Samson,

I gotta tell ya that there is so much wisdom in what you posted.  My wife is not a believer either, and I agree, my marriage is so much beter now that I know that I don't have to "convert her", since it is God who is reconciling Himself to her.  Takes the load off!!!  :D

Oh, and I guess I should have read the article before I posted.  Just did - sound wisdom, I feel my wife and I are equally yoked in so many other areas, our difference seem insignificant.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:59:55 AM by Little Joe »

LittleBear

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 11:16:53 AM »

Good article.

Samson and Joe, you guys give me a nice feeling.

My husband and I allow each other to believe what we believe and the freedom to express our faith as we see fit. Doctrinal differences are never an issue, which makes for a peaceful time at home in this regard. If he wants to go to church, I support that, and he never badgers me to go either.

Ursula :)

Samson

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 11:51:23 AM »

Dear Ursula and Little Joe,

My wife just read your comments and appreciated them, I told her she can thank this site for my new perspective, in my former religious persuasion I would have been pushy about a loved ones beliefs in all sincerity, because I was afraid that if they didn't become a JW, they would be destroyed at Armageddon and I didn't want them to receive a sentence of endless death, instead I actually would push them further away as a result of my trying to prove my point. I would cry in prayer to myself saying to God, please don't let them die for all eternity, now I feel liberated and at peace, knowing Jesus is really the Savior of the entire World and its' not my responsibility to save the entire planet. Sometimes I express some of the points I learn at this Site and I know when to back off and let God do the dragging according to his plan.   

Your Brother, Samson.

Little Joe

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »

I have an article from Ray on "Unequally Yoked" that needs proofing. Should be posted here and on the site by tomorrow evening.

Dennis

Thanks for posting that article Dennis.  I have been a lot more relaxed about my marriage situation since "my new way of believeing".   That article by Ray had a lot of wisdom and plain old fashioned common sense. 

carol v

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 01:46:50 PM »

That's a great article and should relieve a lot of people who have been taught the wrong thing about being "unequally yoked."

My quandry in making my non-free-will-choices is in figuring out when God is leading me to do it His way or when Satan is getting ready to sift me like wheat. I'd prefer to just do the former and avoid the latter.

I am still confused about the "many" who Christ refers to that do good works in his name and believe on Him but whom He doesn't know. I guess that He means that very spiritually -- that they are indeed believers but just not His yet...

Lots to think and pray and read about. As always. Thanks again Dennis and please tell Ray we appreciate it. I hate to add another email to his inbox...

carol
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.