bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why ?  (Read 6195 times)

Karen

Why ?
« on: May 03, 2006, 07:45:40 PM »

Maybe someone cant help me uderstand some of my moods and why I have them.Today is one of them. I feel so into myself today.I dont want to talk and I seem to want to be silent.Not good for my husband. Cause he thinks I am sick.I find myself deep into thought. Like there is something missing.I get this days and I go into myself. I like to be quiet and I like to be with the Lord.Does any one get days like that? ~Karen~

lilitalienboi16

Re: Why ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 07:50:43 PM »

Quote from: Karen
Maybe someone cant help me uderstand some of my moods and why I have them.Today is one of them. I feel so into myself today.I dont want to talk and I seem to want to be silent.Not good for my husband. Cause he thinks I am sick.I find myself deep into thought. Like there is something missing.I get this days and I go into myself. I like to be quiet and I like to be with the Lord.Does any one get days like that? ~Karen~

Well somedays my spirit just yearns for the Lord, but no i don't get silent or into myself hehe.

I'm pretty talkative and friendly person, atleast i Hope i am :)

orion77

Why ?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 08:24:02 PM »

Karen, you sound like my wife at times.  :lol:   Not to be making fun, but when she is like that, I've learned not to ask too many questions.

I believe women are far more intuitive than men, they get caught up too much in the emotional side.  She also thinks I am too shallow at times, so I guess it balances things out.   8)

I've noticed plenty of times when I am deep in study she wants to do something or talk about another subject.  Seems like it happens at the wrong time.   :lol:

All I can say is, patience my dear, patience.

God bless,

Gary

Karen

Why ?
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 08:35:44 PM »

Gary, maybe it is emotional side of me.I fine that my husband can be shallow at times. Its hard not having someone to talk to or share your feelings with. My husband is not a christain. Maybe we woman are deeper then men, not making fun. I will be patience and look to the Lord to help me understand. I am glad that the Lord gave me friends like you to share with. Thanks Gary. ~Karen~

orion77

Why ?
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 10:42:47 PM »

Same for me too, Karen.  I understand not having anyone to talk to about the deep things of God.  Most are content in the carnal aspects of God.  It takes more than going to church and tithing 10% of our income to really know God personally.

When I read the book of Job, it gives an example of what the chosen must go through in this life.  Here is Job, who was righteous in Gods own eyes, yet He allowed satan to test him.  We all know of the disastrous things that happened to him, but one part that stands out to me, is his three friends who try to console Job.  Now, these three companions of Job had some very good worldly retorts, to try to justify what Job was going through, but in the end, Job 42:6, is what makes all the difference.  Also notice what God said to Jobs friends.

Always, in this life we will have times like these, yet we are in good company.  Look at the lives of the prophets in the OT, John the baptist, the apostles, our Lord, and by studying history, the many, many who have suffered for their belief.  Truth is, with the belief we have, the world will hate us.  More so, by the called believers, than the non believers.

This is why I thank the Lord, for Ray, Mike, this forum and the people here.  It is good to have honest spirit felt communication with believers of the same mind.

God bless your heart,

Gary

Becky

Why ?
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 10:40:17 AM »

Me too!

My husband says I analyze too much.. I think it is necessary.  I feel bad when i get quiet and withdrawn but I am so preoccupied with the whirlwind running through my head. Its as if all I can see and hear is the Word.  I want to just run into a field, push pause on life, and wait for it to settle down.  Unfortunately, I have to interact with others in daily activities.  I havesuch a hard time interacting when these thoughts are so powerful in my mind.  I feel so melancholy when that happens.  Feeling that I'll just burst if I can't share this good news but know that it would be misunderstood for now.  :(

leeney

Why ?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 11:15:17 AM »

Hi Karen,

Boy, I get that way a lot!  I just see so much sadness all around me everyday, and want to help people.  But they don't want my help, usually.  Sometimes I get very depressed over it, even to the point of tears.  But I mean, what can you do?  Like the old phrase, 'you can take a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.'  If it makes me feel this bad, just think how Jesus must have felt.  Paradise--Joy---rejected.

My hubby comes home and finds me crying, often.  But he knows by now.  He always asks if there's anything he can do; I smile and say no, and he gives me a quick hug and goes on.  That works.

Yeh, I'm always being told that I think too much.  Ummm.  I think I'd rather be this way than to go through life like---plastic.
leeney

eutychus

Why ?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 11:32:43 AM »

Quote from: Becky
Me too!

My husband says I analyze too much.. I think it is necessary.  I feel bad when i get quiet and withdrawn but I am so preoccupied with the whirlwind running through my head. Its as if all I can see and hear is the Word.  I want to just run into a field, push pause on life, and wait for it to settle down.  Unfortunately, I have to interact with others in daily activities.  I havesuch a hard time interacting when these thoughts are so powerful in my mind.  I feel so melancholy when that happens.  Feeling that I'll just burst if I can't share this good news but know that it would be misunderstood for now.  :(

women think out of both sides of the brain at the same time, makes them more emotional, its a beautifull thing.

men can only think out of one side at a time  :wink:

duh football.

Becky

Why ?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 11:35:46 AM »

:)

leeney

Why ?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

eutychus, that was hilarious!

That probably is so true.  I remember taking a trip with my hubby right after we were married.  We'd been riding along for almost 2 hours in silence.  I had been looking out the window all this time, watching the people, houses, the trees, the land, the birds, wondering and pondering about all sorts of deep philosophical things.  Finally, I looked over at him and sensed that he also was deep in thought about something.  So I asked him very sweetly, 'What are you thinking about?'-------

'I'm wondering what would be the best strings to buy for my new guitar.'

Ahhhhh, yes, deep in thought, he was.  hee.
leeney

eutychus

Why ?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »

Quote from: leeney
eutychus, that was hilarious!

That probably is so true.  I remember taking a trip with my hubby right after we were married.  We'd been riding along for almost 2 hours in silence.  I had been looking out the window all this time, watching the people, houses, the trees, the land, the birds, wondering and pondering about all sorts of deep philosophical things.  Finally, I looked over at him and sensed that he also was deep in thought about something.  So I asked him very sweetly, 'What are you thinking about?'-------

'I'm wondering what would be the best strings to buy for my new guitar.'

Ahhhhh, yes, deep in thought, he was.  hee.
leeney

hee hee, dang musicians :lol:

it is true :wink:  thats why at the core women are more sensitive and loving,(specially with kids) not that men cant be, but we gotta work harder at it.

love and grace
euty

leeney

Why ?
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 11:57:46 AM »

:oops:

Thanks for the compliment, bobby, but like Tweety Pie would say,

"He don't know me verwwy wellw, do he?'

leeney

Becky

Why ?
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 12:00:55 PM »

Same deal here... I'll be contemplating the universe and my husband will be looking thoughtful..   I'll ask him what he's pondering and he'll say  "I was wondering what kind of tires that guy's truck has in front of us."
I am emotional yes... and i love the balance of men and women where my man can "balance" me with his strong logic.  It keeps me out of taking everything to heart.

leeney

Why ?
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 12:21:49 PM »

I agree, Becky.  I thnk it's definitely a balance.

I wanted to direct this thought to Karen---

Sometimes you feel so far away from people.  Like you are the only one in the world who thinks or feels the way you do.  But you see all of us here, so that hopefully is a relief to know you are not alone.  And don't worry that you can't always 'jive' perfectly with your hubby.  I really believe this was God's intentions with male/female.  I mean, gosh, if my husband were as sober and moody as I am it would drive me nuts!  His humor and 'shallowness' have really saved the day many many times, espeically where our teenagers were involved.  You really do need both in life; the deepness as well as the humor--because life itself has both of these situations.  And so we help each other.  A team, just like God intended for a marriage to be.

So Karen, I know I don't always understand my hubby; I go away scratching my head with him a lot, but so he does with me (even more so, I fear!).  And that is ok.  really, it is.  Don't sweat it.  Just accept it.  When you feel the need to talk really really deep, come here, or call a girlfriend who thinks like you do.  

I just recently, and I mean only 3 weeks ago, lost a dearly loved brother.  And I tell you, if it weren't for the funny stories and jokes told about him, I think I would be going insane.  The laughter is like medicine for my soul.  And I know these people are not trying to make a serious situation funny; they are trying to help, and also trying to deal with this reality the best/only way they know how.  That is ok.

Karen, it is ok.  How you are; how your hubby is.  And if he is not a Christian, I would say, just give it time.  You strive to be the best you can be in Jesus----and for now, just let him watch.  You'd be amazed what that alone can do over time.  Pray for him, and let God take care of the rest.

leeney

rvhill

Why ?
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 03:55:07 PM »

If it make you feel any better, I have yet to meet a woman even close to being as smart. Then again the only man I know who I do not see as a simpleton is my father. It like, Descartes says intellect is not to the fastest, but to the most persistent. Most people intellect crystallizes before age 25. So if you are studying and trying to learn after that age you are going to become smarter then other people.  I have always been very smart though. I have scored higher on some IQ tests then Einstein did. I have never stopped learning. I am now 37, and I spend so many hours a day almost every day learning some thing new or reading some book on some subject.

It remind me of the college girl I was sitting next to on my last trip back from Thailand. It a very long flight and it boring. So we were talking about things. She also saw I was reading Descartes, and she had to do a report on him next semester. So we first started talking about Descartes. She had traveled quit a bit to Africa. So I  told her that any adventure, whether it was traveling or even reading a book will change you. It you have enough adventure it will change you to the point, that you start to feel lonely at times, but that I thought it was worth it. She then made the commit I was very different from the man she flew next to Thailand. She said all he wanted to talk about was the brothels in Pattaya. I told her, that was because he had already crystallized in his thinking and never learned that what interested him may not interest others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 17 queries.