bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Plagiarism Help?  (Read 14863 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Plagiarism Help?
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:48:17 PM »

In the past few days I have notified two persons that they should either give Ray or BT credit for the Tithing article or remove the article from their sites. They both removed the articles (one of them made it look like it was his article).

There a dozens of others plagiarising Ray's work and putting their own name on his work. Some simply do not give Ray or BT credit. While most give credit to Ray.

Would some of you like to help me find the sites that do not give proper credit or put their name on Ray's work?

I don't want anyone contacting them. I think it would be better if I (the webmaster) contacted them.

Simply find those who are borrowing Ray's material and post the link and (important) contact information in this thread.

If you cannot find any contact information, post the link anyway and I'll try and find it on whois.org.

Ignore posts on other forums as I do not consider them plagiarism.

Here's how to search:

Go to one of Ray's articles on bible-truths.com and find some text written by Ray. Do use text that mentions BT or Ray as some of these people remove those references.

Example from the tithing paper: "that of all the things that God will first give to Jacob"

Copy text from a BT article and go to Google.com and search for the text.

Important: Surround the text with quotes as shown above.

Google will most likely show only the BT Article.

But look for this text below Google's link to BT and click on "repeat the search with the omitted results included."

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 1 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included
[/u].

This will show all the other links.

Then start going through them one at a time.

Pick an article and let us know.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Plagiarism Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »

Here's an example of someone putting their name on Ray's work: http://www.mumento.de/tithe.htm

rjsurfs

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »

Hi Dennis,

What about blogs?  Like this one on blogspot:

http://askthechaplain.blogspot.com/2008/01/who-were-scribes-and-pharisees.html

This was just put up this month...

Bobby

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 10:30:59 PM »

I know it's hard. Go ahead and ask him to give credit to Ray and BT.

In some cases you will need to join a forum just to contact the (false?) author.

The problem is some were saying Ray did not author the tithing article because they found it posted on another site.

We very much want these messages preached and the message is more important than anything, but when these sites make others question who wrote it, it harms everyone and takes away from the message.

Try to make sure you do not come across harsh when dealing with these people. For some it's just an oversite.

Dennis

Matt

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 11:02:04 PM »

Dennis,
  In the past I have come across some "very familiar"  ::) writings. 

Thanks, now I know what to do when I find them :)

Matt

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 12:50:27 AM »

Plagiarism sucks! I found my poem "Jesus Is Profitable" posted on some site, and they didn't even give credit to me. :(

If I find any, I'll let you know, Dennis.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 03:23:32 AM »

WOW! That is horrible!

I did use some of rays material in one of my blogs but i made sure to give him proper credit.

I have also used some of his points in debates with other christians on other forums but for the most part i have made sure to give him credit and if i ever havn't, it is due to honost error and forgetfullness.

I guess i can be on the look out, if it will help at all.

God bless,

Alex

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

eggi

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 03:01:24 PM »

Hi Dennis,

I'm not sure, but this seemed rather familiar:

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/forever2.htm

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »

Hi Dennis,

I'm not sure, but this seemed rather familiar:

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/forever2.htm

God bless you,
Eirik

Yes it does. I'll look into it. Thanks.

chuckt

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »

interesting, i sometimes cut and paste some of rays stuff, i put his name on the bottom.

got banned one time for posting  from a ""universal"" site.

check this out: someone said about ray:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnessy 
Who is L. Ray Smith?

A new cult leader that's taken quite a following on the internet. He has similar doctrine to Charles Taze Russell, founder of Jehovah Witness, Joseph Smith, founder of Mormon or Latter Day Saints, Mary Baker Eddy, founder of Christian Science and Sun Young Moon the founder of the Unification Church. They don't believe in hell or free will, and believe that the 'beast' of Revelation is us, personally (human beings who don't believe God). He's quite dangerous because he's a master at twisting scripture.

find that quite humourous.

God bless all
chuckt

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »

:D

Good find Chuck, I needed a laugh today.

Thanks,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 03:55:21 PM »

Here is what   Robin A. Brace says about Ray : Mr Smith appears to accept Annihilationism (that is, that people will not remain in Hell forever but will simply be destroyed).

ANYONE who takes the time to READ what Ray teaches, KNOWS that this is NOT what Ray thinks, teaches or even says ANYWHERE! Ray teaches what the Word of God says: that the lost will be found and ALL will be SAVED. 8)

The comment from Brace is dated 2006 and he still has not updated his web page!  :D

Matt

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »

It just amazes me how quick people are to accept the words of man alone, and how careless some people are with the word of God.

Since being here, this is the first time in my life I have ever felt peace about God. :)

Matt

mharrell08

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 05:56:38 PM »

I have a question regarding plagiarising Ray's writing and research...I was thinking of developing a website using the bible verses that Ray's used in the Fundamental Truths bible study. I did not want to use any of his commentary just the subtitles: (7 Fundamental Truths, God Does Not Lie, etc.). Would I just need to place where I got the subtitles in my own commentary? Really, I just need to know how to reference the info that I am using. Like I said, I do not want to copy Ray's commentary just the bible verses he uses and well as subtitles. Thanks

Sorin

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 06:51:34 PM »

I have a question regarding plagiarising Ray's writing and research...I was thinking of developing a website using the bible verses that Ray's used in the Fundamental Truths bible study. I did not want to use any of his commentary just the subtitles: (7 Fundamental Truths, God Does Not Lie, etc.). Would I just need to place where I got the subtitles in my own commentary? Really, I just need to know how to reference the info that I am using. Like I said, I do not want to copy Ray's commentary just the bible verses he uses and well as subtitles. Thanks

Well, I'm not a mod or anything; but from I understand, they said as long as you give Ray credit, it's fine. You're free to use whatever, title, or even the entire teaching-just don't try to play it off as your own work.

Mods correct me if I'm wrong. ;p

-Sorin

Hunter

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 03:02:29 PM »

"Ray Danger" sounds like a fantastic idea for a comic book.  ;)

His first adventure can be Understanding the Theory that is Embodied in the Terminology.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 03:34:37 PM »

Mods correct me if I'm wrong. ;p

-Sorin

No correction required!  ;)

Peace,

Joe

Samson

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »

Hello Dennis, Joe, Sorin, Arcturus and others,

Yes I concur, Plagiarism is a bad thing, whenever anyone does it, my biggest pet peeve is when a Critic of Ray misquotes him, I found some of the same thing that Arcturus spoke of, that Ray teaches Annihilationism like the JW's, I found that off of Wikipedia, next to his Video's on Repentance. Sad to say, I'm not very proficient in looking around the internet Universe in order to find these Religious Pirates. The ultimate credit of course for what we learn from Ray goes to Gods' Holy Spirit, which is guiding and revealing these truths to him. However, anything I can do to find these culprits, I'll be happy to do. Insofar as misquoting Ray, the least these so-called know it all Bible experts could do is read his material and quote him accurately, before spewing forth their spiritual venom. By deliberately misquoting him they mimic their Father(John.8:44), its' like the Pharisees, all over again. I can't stand Liars and Phonies, especially the Religious ones. I guess this is to be expected, The World Loves its' Own, these Theological Leeches are like a Tag Team, like expressed in some of his E-mails.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.