bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this what some call Miracles?  (Read 4403 times)

Jackie Lee

Is this what some call Miracles?
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:22:05 AM »

We have a chain length fence all around the property, it has 2 wide gates that is not automatic so I pulled the van down and put it in park while I opened the gate.
 Well I never got to the gate cause I looked and the van was moving so I jumped in to throw back in park gear but by then it was too late cause my left side was out of van and rolled the van between the post.
 My leg and pelvis was jammed between the fence post and inside door,I couldn't open the door.
 I was in the most excruiating pain.
I remember saying God help me where are you?
I remember saying on No there is no God I felt so empty and hopeless, I remember thinking is this how atheist feel.
I then yelled at the top of my lungs somebody help me, I yelled till I couldn't.
 I thought lay on the horn so I did then I felt faint and not enough strength to push the horn.
 I then passed out for a few seconds moments minutes not sure.
Then when I came too my husband and neighbor was trying to free me.
Then finally I was able to push lock up my husband got in on the passenger side.
I believe he pulled vehicle forward enough to free the leg and body.
My neighbor had to lift my left side in the vehicle at that moment I didn't couldn't do anything.
 Neighbor instructed my husband what to do cause I couldn't do anything I couldn't move over out of the drivers side.
 The pressure was off the leg but then my husband was so shook up he backed in a tree.
This is the weird part the neighbor guy and my husband helped me in the house I walked but barely.
I was babbling how great God was for sending them both to help me when earlier I doubted God was even there.
When I was thanking neighbor and God for sending him I saw a look on his face not sure if it was compassion or what, but knew what I said was valuable.
I took some aspirin and aleve.
My leg is swollen real bad in the thigh area and bruising on the left side.
 The good news vehicle didn't roll out completely in the road cause if someone was coming down the road everyone would have been killed most likely.
So Thank God for gate posts!
 Thank God I just can't believe I can still walk around!
 Now I am praising God cause under normal circumstances I would be In hospital with broken bones if not worse. No broken bones, my flesh was not even cut!
What a day this happened Tuesday and now Monday.
 I am rejoicing!!!

Kat

Re: Is this what some call Miracles?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

Wow what an experience. 
I'm really glad you were not more seriously injured.
Sometimes I think near misses like that is to make us realize how fleeting this life really is.  Maybe that did cause something to register with your neighbor too.
Just glad you are okay  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »

Wow.  Praise the Lord!  Awesome testimony.  Blessings on you and your husband. I praise God that it was not your time. ;)

Hope you feel better and heal really quick.

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »

Thanks Kat and Gena, yes I thank God everyday we never know if we have a tomorrow so do what you can today.
It sure opened my eyes.
I am so glad wasn't my time yet.
 I think it took something like this to help me see we have no control over anything even if we think we do.
My husband even said he had no control at all, that was shocking to him too, to see what he wanted to do didn't turn out the way he wanted.
 I think he is starting to understand a bit, just as I am understanding more every day.

LittleBear

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 10:37:57 PM »

Yay Jackie!!!  Thank the Lord for YOU! I'm glad you're OK! What an experience.

Ursula

brandon h

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 01:06:01 AM »

Good to hear your okay Jackie Lee. God has his own unique ways of dealing with us, and though you doubted him, He knew you would be praising him in the end. I beleive its thes type of situations where he wants us to sit back and meditate on, sometimes. Heck, its not like your ever going to forget it right?

God Bless

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 02:49:34 AM »

That certainly is a miracle! I believe that God took this incident to show and to briefly give you the experience of how an Atheist feels and to obviously touch and bless your neighbour!

What a remarkable experience. Thank you for sharing!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 02:28:21 AM »

Thanks everyone, I am still in awe of how when I thought there was no God he assured me there was.
I can't explain this fully but even though I am  healing nicely I don't want to ever forget how God spared me for a while longer.
My life has been changed for the better, I am now realizing God is in control completely every breath I take every little move I make is of him.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:10:15 AM by Jackie Lee »

Stevernator

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 03:16:22 AM »

Hi Jackie Lee,
I am glad that you are okay. I had  a similary experience. I parked by my friends house on a hill and put the car in park
with the ignition running to go get my friend. He said he was busy so he told me to come inside. So i reached through
the drivers side window to turn the igntion off and I guess I did not have the shifter fully in park (i should have had
emergency brake on) and suddenly the car started rolling down the hill. So i started chasing along with it with half my body in the car.
I eventually fell out and scraped up my legs and my car rolled into a neighbors house. It was one of the worst days of my life lol.
But now that I think about it, I realize I should be grateful to God that the kids that were playing in the street minutes earlier were gone and
also that I came away only with scrapes and bruises when it could have been much worse.

I suppose we may never fully know or appreciate God's care for us.

1 Praise is rightfully Yours, [a]
    God, in Zion;
    vows to You will be fulfilled. (A)
    2 All humanity will come to You,
    the One who hears prayer. (B)

3 Iniquities overwhelm me;
    only You can atone for [c] our rebellions. (C)

4 How happy is the one You choose
    and bring near to live in Your courts!
    We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house,
    the holiness of Your temple. (D) [d]

5 You answer us in righteousness,
    with awe-inspiring works,
    God of our salvation,
    the hope of all the ends of the earth
    and of the distant seas;

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.