bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite Friendship Quotes  (Read 5609 times)

Matt

Favorite Friendship Quotes
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:56:28 AM »

I had to answer a question last week in one of my classes about friendship.  The book asked if it is possible to have true friends with people you have never met.  This lead me to many of these quotes, and I thought I would share them with some friends:)

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
Abraham Lincoln

Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.
Richard Bach, (Illusions)

A friend is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.
Frank Crane

When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.
Edgar Watson Howe

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.
Albert Camus

The best time to make friends is before you need them.
Ethel Barrymore

Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.
Jennie Jerome Churchill

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.
Arnold H. Glasgow

The road to a friend's house is never long.
Danish Proverb

Be a friend to thyself, and others will be so too.
Thomas Fuller

Matt

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Favorite Friendship Quotes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:14:13 PM »

Thanks Matt

Here are some anothers to add.

You do not make friends, you recognise them.

The fastest way to make a friend is, B one.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 08:23:00 AM »

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
Abraham Lincoln

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the very uplifting post, my favorite quote is the one from Abe, it reminded me of how our Lord will be "destroying" His enemies.

Did you know Abraham Lincoln was also a believer in UR?

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 02:58:40 PM »

Yes Joe...Excuse me butting in here but yes, Abraham Lincoln was a believer in UR and I just wanted to say that I also have reason to believe that he was murdered by the Jesuits :o

Peace be to you brother

Phil3:10

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »

Arcturus,
I read a book several years back that was written by a former Catholic Priest. He inferred that Lincoln was killed by the Jesuits because he did not want the Catholic Church to become the major religion in America. If more people would only check out the evil deeds of this Harlot Church they would see the overall influence she has on nearly all Christian theology. I do feel this church is one of the strongest, most evil and damaging influences to the cause of CHRIST and to all world governments. The overall wealth and power she has is unbelievable and her acts of evil from the Inquisition to the priest scandals of today are from the devil. Your personal insight, having been in this institution in the past, is so enlightening.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »

Hi  Phil 3 : 10

Thank you for the acknowledgement. Yes I was personally involved and raised in this Megalomaniac Organisation called Catholicism but I have to say, my being in there gave me no insight at all. Coming out, is when I began to receive instruction, edification and enlightenment. :D

I enjoy what Dr Rivera says in his introduction to a book called The Secret History of the Jesuits by Edmond Paris quote "The most dangerous of men are those who appear very religious, especially when they are organized and in a position of authority."

What is most astounding for me, about the evil in Babylon, is that it is in the Plan of God. Few there are in the Will of God. Many are in the Plan!

Peace be to you brother

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:12:16 PM by Arcturus »

Little Joe

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »

Arcturus,
I read a book several years back that was written by a former Catholic Priest. He inferred that Lincoln was killed by the Jesuits because he did not want the Catholic Church to become the major religion in America. If more people would only check out the evil deeds of this Harlot Church they would see the overall influence she has on nearly all Christian theology. I do feel this church is one of the strongest, most evil and damaging influences to the cause of CHRIST and to all world governments. The overall wealth and power she has is unbelievable and her acts of evil from the Inquisition to the priest scandals of today are from the devil. Your personal insight, having been in this institution in the past, is so enlightening.

I'd like to add my two cents in here.  Seems that all major religions (including those outside christianity) have their infamy in one way or the other.  Remember, most Klu Klux Klanners were upstanding members of their local fundamentalists churches. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.