bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humility  (Read 4896 times)

jackson

Humility
« on: February 01, 2008, 06:02:58 PM »

I was going through some stuff the other day and found this.  Not sure of the source but i like it.

On being humble
An old man said, "Everytime a thought of superiority or vanity moves you, examine your conscience to see if you have kept all the commandments, if you love your enemies and are grieved at their sins, if you consider yourself as an unprofitable servant and the greatest sinner of all.  Even then do not pretend to great ideas as though you were perfectly right, for this thought destroys everything."

In His Grace,
Jackson

LittleBear

Re: Humility
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 06:20:20 PM »

That's a good quote Jackson.

Thank you,

Ursula

Little Joe

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 07:24:11 PM »

I was going through some stuff the other day and found this.  Not sure of the source but i like it.

On being humble
An old man said, "Everytime a thought of superiority or vanity moves you, examine your conscience to see if you have kept all the commandments, if you love your enemies and are grieved at their sins, if you consider yourself as an unprofitable servant and the greatest sinner of all.  Even then do not pretend to great ideas as though you were perfectly right, for this thought destroys everything."

In His Grace,
Jackson

I like that quote also.  Scripture also tells us to regard others better than ourselves.  Hard to do

Phil3:10

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »

All,
One of my favorite sayings is that there is always 3 sides to every story, your side, my side and the right side. Not 2 sides as many say. Only GOD'S side is always right.

Little Joe

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 07:28:44 PM »

All,
One of my favorite sayings is that there is always 3 sides to every story, your side, my side and the right side. Not 2 sides as many say. Only GOD'S side is always right.

Never heard that onen before!

Love It!!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.