bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling much like Job these days  (Read 5356 times)

Sorin

Feeling much like Job these days
« on: February 01, 2008, 10:37:34 PM »

Except that, unlike Job, I am not a 'righteous man', for I committed many sins. But I'm referring to, all the bad things happening in my life-even after having repented of my sins.

I could really use your prayers.

-Sorin

gmik

Re: Feeling much like Job these days
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 11:57:22 PM »

I always keep you in my prayers Sorin.  Please know that.

I can't wait to see you again in Nashville.

Please stop being so down on yourself!  I bet you can think of a few good things about you, right now!  Positive self talk.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 12:28:36 AM »

I will be praying for you, I know when it rains it pours.
Sometimes feels like you can't stand anymore, I will be praying for you!

brandon h

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 12:44:34 AM »

We all feel that way from time to time Sorin, but remeber the Word and its signifigance. As a matter of fact I've felt that way recently about some issues, but I can see that God is showing me maturity. The uncomfortable situations are the same that purge us- make us grow. You are in my prayers just like all my fellow brothers and sisters.

God Bless

Little Joe

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 12:59:26 AM »

Except that, unlike Job, I am not a 'righteous man', for I committed many sins. But I'm referring to, all the bad things happening in my life-even after having repented of my sins.

-Sorin

I feel the same way, and I'm over 50.

So did Paul,

Romans 7:24-25 

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 2I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

You are not alone.  But, God always forgives.  Please pray for me as I pray for you.

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 03:04:28 AM »

Hi sorrin  God Bless you with His Joy that you might come in to that place of rejoicing in your sufferings as Paul did. 
You are in my prayers Peggy

Sorin

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »

Thank you all for your comments and prayers. And Little Joe I shall pray for you too.

-Sorin

Grateful

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 10:55:03 AM »

Good Morning, Sorin!!

Yes, like the saying goes, sometimes "when it rains, it pours!"   I KNOW what that's like TOO!  This reminds me a joke of some poor soul experiencing so much suffering, saying "Yes, I know God is blessing me (with many tribulations), but I wish He wouldn't bless me quite so much!!"   :D   ;D

Be of good cheer, for, we all Love you!!

PRAYING FOR YOU!

Linda

Kat

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 12:22:36 PM »

Hi Sorin,

I am way pass the years of my youth now and I would never want to go through that again  :P  But I can understand how it is a necessary part of this life experience, to have a good understand of all that we need to know about this life.  That's why I bring up this verse so often.

Ecc 1:13  And I have given my heart to seek and to search out by wisdom concerning all that hath been done under the heavens. It is a sad travail God hath given to the sons of man to be humbled by it. (YLT)

Why do we have to go through this "sad travail" ?  "to be humbled by it"  I think it does a good job of that.
But do not forget this verse either.

James 4:14  who do not know the thing of the morrow; for what is your life? for it is a vapour that is appearing for a little, and then is vanishing;

Out lives come and go so quickly, it's hard to reconize that when you're in the middle of a trial.  I will continue to pray for you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »

Job certainly had a way with words, didn't he?

Job 7 (Amplified Bible)

1 IS THERE not an [appointed] warfare and hard labor to man upon earth? And are not his days like the days of a hireling?

2 As a servant earnestly longs for the shade and the evening shadows, and as a hireling who looks for the reward of his work,

3 So am I allotted months of futile [suffering], and [long] nights of misery are appointed to me.

4 When I lie down I say, When shall I arise and the night be gone? And I am full of tossing to and fro till the dawning of the day.

5 My flesh is clothed with worms and clods of dust; my skin is broken and has become loathsome, and it closes up and breaks out afresh.

6 My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and are spent without hope.

7 Oh, remember that my life is but wind (a puff, a breath, a sob); my eye shall see good no more.

8 The eye of him who sees me shall see me no more; while your eyes are upon me, I shall be gone.

9 As the cloud is consumed and vanishes away, so he who goes down to Sheol (the place of the dead) shall come up no more.

10 He shall return no more to his house, neither shall his place know him any more.

11 Therefore I will not restrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit, I will complain in the bitterness of my soul [O Lord]!

12 Am I the sea, or the sea monster, that You set a watch over me?

13 When I say, My bed shall comfort me, my couch shall ease my complaint,

14 Then You scare me with dreams and terrify me through visions,

15 So that I would choose strangling and death rather than these my bones.

16 I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are a breath (futility).

17 What is man that You should magnify him and think him important? And that You should set Your mind upon him?(A)

18 And that You should visit him every morning and try him every moment?

19 How long will Your [plaguing] glance not look away from me, nor You let me alone till I swallow my spittle?

20 If I have sinned, what [harm] have I done You, O You Watcher and Keeper of men? Why have You set me as a mark for You, so that I am a burden to myself [and You]?

21 And why do You not pardon my transgression and take away my iniquity? For now shall I lie down in the dust; and [even if] You will seek me diligently, [it will be too late, for] I shall not be.

We have the hope of a better promise than he did though.

Hebrews 11 (King James Version)

37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Wouldn't it be something if the Lord uses you to bring Job into the Kingdom perfected?

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 01:13:12 PM by hillsbororiver »

Sorin

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 05:02:54 PM »

That is funny stuff, Linda.  :D

Kat, what you say is true-for I've been humbled much by it.

Joe, yes, that would most definitely be something.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.

May God richly bless each and everyone of you,
Sorin

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 01:39:08 AM »

-Sorin

hi sorin,
amazing. i have been feeling the same myself recently.  i was raking the leaves in the yard today and even said to myself that i am beginning to lose the close feeling of God in my spirit.  then His spirit told me, "you need to go to where God is" .  then i realized how long it has been since i have posted on the forum for one reason or another.  this evening i came back to the forum and it hit me how true it is that to stay in that closeness with God i DO need to go where He is and He is DEFINITELY here on bt forum.

i love you my brother and i understand your depressing feeling of job-ness. 

claudia

Sorin

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 12:28:24 AM »

hi sorin,
amazing. i have been feeling the same myself recently.  i was raking the leaves in the yard today and even said to myself that i am beginning to lose the close feeling of God in my spirit.  then His spirit told me, "you need to go to where God is" .  then i realized how long it has been since i have posted on the forum for one reason or another.  this evening i came back to the forum and it hit me how true it is that to stay in that closeness with God i DO need to go where He is and He is DEFINITELY here on bt forum.

i love you my brother and i understand your depressing feeling of job-ness. 

claudia

Thank you Claudia; I shall pray for you too. And you are right; God is definitely present here.

Take care,
Sorin 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.